• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitme

Are the McMahons there? I want to see Vince dance

73b3139ad1556056aac456b21b02809e.gif

We all know who's the higher power here...

E0zZ2t.gif

LotusHD

Banned
Did I miss a reference?

Huh, no. I was just saying that you see stuff like people saying Ivanka looks good tonight, or what's wrong with saying something positive about Trump, and I just sense we're gradually continuing on the path to normalizing them, where we get to a point where some of us don't remember as vividly just how fucked this whole situation is, or maybe have people think that maybe Trump won't be so bad. Not to say that you're forbidden from ever saying something positive about their family I guess, but I just view all this pageantry that's occurring as an inadvertent means to more or less begin the process of "dulling our blades", so to speak.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Huh, no. I was just saying that you see stuff like people saying Ivanka looks good tonight, or what's wrong with saying something positive about Trump, and I just sense we're gradually continuing on the path to normalizing them, where we get to a point where some of us don't remember as vividly just how fucked this whole situation is. Not to say that you're forbidden from ever saying something positive about their family I guess, but I just view all this pageantry as an inadvertent means to more or less "dull our blades", so to speak.

I just don't think saying Ivanka looks attractive is really normalizing anything, but whatever.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
LAOV21l.png

Melania looks frightened, and Donald is white-knuckle gripping her hand.

MrMephistoX

I just don't think saying Ivanka looks attractive is really normalizing anything, but whatever.

Didn't vote for him but I'm with you...people are really hyper sensitive to the point it's getting annoying. If normalizing means being pragmatic then sign me up. Bernie said something that eally resonated with me: fight like hell on the truly deplorable stuff but take the high road and work with him on things like infrastructure and onshoring.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He seems to think there are questions being asked.

"Go ahead and ask a question. You are much nicer than the media"

"I love these questions"

Jesus, I feel for our troops, stay safe.

Those aren't questions you orange turd.

Crowd was massive, yes just like your ego.

You are great people, people said we couldn't do it, we did it. Go us.

How did this happen, he has nothing at all. He doesn't know a god damn thing, this is so damned embarrassing.

Special, great, someone say something please. You guys know that you have to do more than come up with a slogan.

Thank god that this is being recorded in HD, glorious GIFS for our future.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Didn't vote for him but I'm with you...people are really hyper sensitive to the point it's getting annoying. If normalizing means being pragmatic then sign me up. Bernie said something that eally resonated with me: fight like hell on the truly deplorable stuff but take the high road and work with him on things like infrastructure and onshoring.

I didn't vote for him either... I'm not even saying it's over sensitive to criticize his supporters, I just think stating his daughter is attractive is normalizing. I mean people always joke about how badass or awesome Putin is in those threads where hes shirtless and out in the wilderness. Im pretty sure they're simply saying that- she's attractive physically. Not defending her or her character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom