• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Test: Bricked! [Tested.com Star Wars Lego Build Video Series]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
I wish Norm would of actually called Will out on his bullshit. He was obviously annoyed at it. Will's not starting at step 1 also fucked Norm over by will grabbing a piece he thought was his from a random step.

Will and Norm should both have to build the X-Wing. Throw it all in one big pile. The Tie Fighter is half the build the X-Wing is. That's not fair.
I dunno about half the build but it definitely is easier. With Will blatantly flouting the rules however Norm needs every advantage!

I wish Norm would of actually called Will out on his bullshit. He was obviously annoyed at it. Will's not starting at step 1 also fucked Norm over by will grabbing a piece he thought was his from a random step.

I agree that there should have been a penalty for that one. However the drama is entertaining, so fuck it.

LuchaShaq

Banned
The cheating and general dickishness by Will has sucked nearly all the fun out of this. I think I might be done watching.

Should be go back to step 1 on the x wing or 20-30 minute penalty.

Will cheated so bad this episode I might not watch to see who wins since his win would be the most tainted win in the history of nonsensical competitions.

There are no rules in war! Team Will does what it takes to win!

And I really thought Norm was going to flip the table last episode, he started looking pretty tense.

Neodyn

That supposed cheat piece was the exact same piece Will tried to give Norm at 8:45 and Norm was stubborn and said it wasn't his piece. What do you expect Will to do? Norm confirmed to Will it HAD to be Will's piece. Why would Will put it back in the pile? I must have missed the episode where they agreed to some rules about this challenge build, because I don't recall any rules other than mix the pieces together and build. If Norm thinks there has been a violation he needs to ask for a ruling, otherwise tough luck.

Can't wait for Norm to move the SSD to the edge of his table and Will "accidentally" knocks it off due to "accidental" table encroachment like Norm did early in the build.

Ozone

As announced on the podcast today, tomorrow will be the conclusion. Live stream starts at 1pm PT and goes until they're done.

EDIT: Just started today's episode. I guess they announced it there too.

There will be a live episode tomorrow where they will finish their kits.

Very good decision. This shit is dragging forever

Also, not as good as a GB:ER (because bricked is basically the podcast while building Legos, while the ERs create their own discussions and have storylines to follow). I found myself jumping through a lot of the episodes so I can just get to the end and see the progress they made. And will getting sick seemed to kill the momentum (nothing that's his fault, just true)

It was a good experiment, but will and norm should think hard about the next Amazing Test series. I was excited by the idea of a mame cabinet build, but it's still two guys shooting the shit while building something.

Also, will has to turn down the "haha I'm an asshole haha I do dumb asshole things because I'm an asshole get it?". It's a semi-amusing schtick but schtick burns bright and fades fast. I'm a day 1 premium member and will be for many years, but if I could pro-rate it, I'd want my money back for TAT:B. It's very mediocre content.

You need to just go down there and be their Alton.

Oh man, imagine if bricked was setup like Iron Chef.

Today's secret ingredient is... RED 2X8 BRICKS! Design and create three Lego builds in one hour prominently featuring today's secret ingredient. Let’s meet our panel of judges... Dave, Drew and Vinny!

I would if I had the time, but I've got too much to do today.

I feel like I should point out what you are doing with that time you are supposedly too busy with.

Also, do you have a good hype man voice? Like, everytime Will throws an insult, or Norm connects a piece, can you say "OHHHHH SNAP!" convincingly?

big_z

well this sucks my month membership expired on the day of the final build. :(
you would think it would expire at the end of the final day of the subscription period instead of the morning.

I feel like I should point out what you are doing with that time you are supposedly too busy with.
I have meetings on either side of Bricked so I just about have time to do the online commentary just not the time to get to the office and back. If the finale goes past 3:30 (surely not) I will have to drop out.

Gala

Subscription renewed, Liquor bought, giant TV for full HD Will and Norm detail, friends. Bring it on Tested.com!

THIS IS HAPPENING

tr5lz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom