• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amy Hennig Interview: On What Changed With Uncharted 4, Leaving EA, and What's Next.

Jon Neu

Banned
Tbh I think that if Nadine were a male character, there probably wouldn't be nearly as much backlash.

Well, it would help to believe that she can actually be that strong.

We live in a world in which when biological males play in female sports under they preferred gender, they absolutely DOMINATE all the women who worked their asses off in that sport.

Yet in media, we have the magical super strong woman capable of taking at 2 strong men at the same time while making fun of them without that much effort because that is the way SJW and feminists want to portray "strong independent women".

Fox Mulder

Tbh I think that if Nadine were a male character, there probably wouldn't be nearly as much backlash.

UC3 had Drake beating up like 7 foot tall muscle grunts multiple times and the game started with clearing a whole pub with Sully in a fist fight. UC2 had Drake fighting an experienced evil warlord boss that had just got super powers. But he couldn't fight Nadine, the game didn't even let you get in a hit. She was beating both Sam and Nate's ass easily and she had no payoff in the story for it.

It's the only time in the series something like that happens and it was just lame, even if she had been a man.

Last edited:
V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
UC3 had Drake beating up like 7 foot tall muscle grunts multiple times and the game started with clearing a whole pub with Sully in a fist fight. UC2 had Drake fighting an experienced evil warlord boss that had just got super powers. But he couldn't fight Nadine, the game didn't even let you get in a hit. She was beating both Sam and Nate's ass easily and she had no payoff in the story for it.

It's the only time in the series something like that happens and it was just lame, even if she had been a man.

Drake isn't meant to be a fighting powerhouse, that's kind of part of his appeal. He defeats Zoran with the help of the explosive trees, and the 7 foot tall guys he uses the environment and quick thinking to overcome them. It doesn't mean that he's physically stronger and a better fighter than everybody ever.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
In the Uncharted Lost Legacy he is totally a mangina while the super stronger women are in charge and making fun of him.
I didn't get that impression at all and I just played the game back in January.
Go for the optional dialogues...

I did noticed the typical femenista ribbing. But in the end, they needed the hunk of meat in order to proceed, especially certain platforming they could not do without his strength, even admitted it in a backhanded way.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Makes me cringe when people write wat? Why do you do that? For clout?

It makes me cringe when people say "I don't mind black characters when they are done right". Like why does a creator have to make the perfect "black" character, but it's okay to make average to bad white characters?

Free Solo comes pretty close to what Drake does when climbing. Just as crazy and death defying.

Free Solo comes nowhere close to Drake. You must not have played any Uncharted games if you think he did half the things Drake has done.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Last edited:
Top Bottom