• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Art of Mass Effect outs two more ME3 squadmates (spoilers)

Mxrz

Looking more and more like Bioware owes their weird ass forums a creative consultant credit. To go from what was (imo) a great cast in ME2 to this
fanfiction-level
stuff is incredible.

Shiiiit dat
Prothean
is going to be interesting to talk to.

"Well, no. I don't know what the fuck I am doing here either."

Seriously, if Miranda/Mordin/Legion isn't in the game over this kind of stuff, just wow.

C4Lukins

I have no problem with either character design and find the first one to be interesting if also a bit manipulative toward a certain segment of crowd that plays these games.

ME2 spoiler, if necessary:

I thought EDI and Jester were the ones hooking up. If she's a romance option - and I can't imagine why not since they bothered giving her a body - I wouldn't want to piss off my pilot by sleeping with... well, either his girlfriend or ship...

#2 is disappointingly humanoid after the mildly interesting design they had in the previous games...

I thought EDI and Jester were the ones hooking up. If she's a romance option - and I can't imagine why not since they bothered giving her a body - I wouldn't want to piss off my pilot by sleeping with... well, either his girlfriend or ship...
He has glass bones, like he could sleep with a robot.

Acheron

Banned
I followed Mass Effect a lot before ME1 came out, afterwards the blue-sky notions of what the sequels were going to be like and plot suggestions by idiots turned me off.

Priestly or one of the designers really tried to sell hard choices, the quote was literally, "would you save a little turian girl from an airlock about to depressurize or save both her parents that are about to be executed in the room over, they might have info you need for the quest". I was a bit miffed that stuff like this didn't happen but the first game atleast gave you
the no-win option on Virmire, a way to talk Saren down etc.

ME2 showed some big changes in where the game was going. Themes that Casey and Drew in early interviews like organic vs. mechanical, creation of AI etc. were pretty vague but you saw them get introduced in ME2 with no reference to ME1. In ME1 AIs are non-existant except for the Reapers and the Geth, both of which are so alien and mysterious that we barely know anything about them. The only VIs (not even AIs) we deal with in ME1 are uniformaly hostile indicating they are dangerous. ME2 brought in
Legion way too late to really be part of the story but his insights were great. The big problem was and to some extent still is EDI, she's an AI (the only one in council space) and it seems like nobody gives a shit and now she's Joker's girlfriend? Shepard was rebuilt with synthetic parts, yet aside from some oblique references to his death what was the point?
Last but not least why did ME2 even happen the way it did,
ME1 ends with a fucking crazy ship obliterating an entire fleet and the Council committing to see this through, then BioWare discovers it somehow can't figure out how to move the plot forward and just forgets everyone knows about the Reapers now.

A lot of the threads of the series got thrown out and I don't know why.

Sober

#2 is a retcon in both design and the fact the character exists at all, but I am still more bothered by the existence of #1.
I thought collectors looked more insectoid but were still mostly humanoid right? (only the 'commander' is more insectoid than regular collector foot troops)

inky

0Mlob.gif

LOL completely OT, but I always see your avatar as if the little yellow triangle was Cthulhu's tooth and not his eye, and his real eyes are covered by the headcrab :p
He just looks fucking chill, LOL.

Shepard

Dude is a prothean that's been in stasis for 50,000 years.

Well, hope they have a good explanation for the way he looks, though.
Maybe he is using some kind of armor and his actual body's all squid-like
Edit: looking at the artwork, doesn't look like this is the case.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
There isn't any bones in the dick! Joker can get hand jobs and blow jobs. Just no pressure can be put on his pelvis.

jackdoe

I can already imagine the hilarious dialogue (as I'm sure others have) that would ensue if #2 is a romance option.

Prothean: I'm the last of my species.

Shepard: Then we better start making more.

Riposte

So how about that Binary Domain?

If fortune will allow it, this will be the Dark Souls vs Skyrim comparison/argument of 2012.

I'd actually be really proud of Bioware if they completely ditched the romance stuff for the game. But considering they doubled down on it in ME2, I'd say ME3 is going to have lots of it. Bumping uglies with Krogans.

I said fuck, not falling in love.

But seriously, Romance spoilers regarding the two first games and DLC:

If you nailed Liara on ME1 and then in the Shadow Broker DLC, it wouldn't be nice if you go on with your save to ME3, have sex with other character and nothing happened.

There must be some continuity and they must take note of it.

Kurtofan

Can't you guys make a spoiler megathread for Mass Effect 3?When I saw the title, I couldn't resist and had to click on it and it spoiled me two characters I would have been amazed to discover on my own in the game.

If it was in a single megathread I would have never been tempted to click and see those pictures, can you do this, please?I know megathreads aren't the policy here, but please make an exception for this game.

I said fuck, not falling in love.

But seriously, Romance spoilers regarding the two first games and DLC:

If you nailed Liara on ME1 and then in the Shadow Broker DLC, it wouldn't be nice if you go on with your save to ME3, have sex with other character and nothing happened.

There must be some continuity and they must take note of it.

As long as my Renegade Shep can say something like "Lets just be friends." or "I think I'm gay" while macking Ashley.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Can't you guys make a spoiler megathread for Mass Effect 3?When I saw the title, I couldn't resist and had to click on it and it spoiled me two characters I would have been amazed to discover on my own in the game.

If it was in a single megathread I would have never been tempted to click and see those pictures, can you do this, please?I know megathreads aren't the policy here, but please make an exception for this game.

Not only is there is a spoiler warning in the title, but the reveals in the OP are spoilered. Get some willpower, son.

exYle

"Mass Effect 3 News: MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT FUCKING MASSIVE SPOILERS"
"Seriously man, don't do that shit, break the rules so I don't have to suffer the consequences of my own temptation"

Qwomo

Ugh why are we still using spoiler tags on page 8.

Why do the Protheans look absolutely completely nothing like everything we've seen of the Protheans so far? Are tentacle eyes not sexy enough or something?

Also lol EDI. God that is the most transparent character arc ever. Guess we're gonna see Tali's face (and sweat!) in ME3 after all!

I don't know why the hell people are complaining before they've even played the game.

"A mental ranger and his talking hamster? THAT'S THE WORST COMPANION OMG BIOWARE WHAT A DICK YOU ARE TO US FANS."

"An angry narcissistic sadistic robot who hates you and wants you to die? OH MY GOD BIOWARE NOW YOU ARE TROLLING!"

And on. And on.

These two are fine. Treated properly, they could be brilliant companions. Stop moaning until you've played the bloody thing.

deim0s

Pile it on Bioware. I'm just going to finish this trilogy then that's it.

My concerns is switching from my ME1 to ME2 PC to PS3's ME3.

Top Bottom