• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best sports anthem/theme ever made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrothgar

The OP is right, but it's too majestic for the colonial' sports fan to comprehend, as shown by this thread.

:p

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Sorry other sports, (real) football wins this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qqd6T_A9LY

giphy.gif

:bow

If this shit doesn't raise the hair on the back of your neck then you are already dead

I guess the theme matches the sport in its ability to lull you to sleep. So it has that going for it.

Htown

Here is the short version, for those with an attention deficit ;)

all the excitement of sitting in on an Anglican church service.

edit: I mean listen to this "handegg" track right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y79g6cywsw

sounds like some epic, Gladiator, Arnold Schwarzenegger, "YOU'RE A LOOSE CANNON" business is about to go down while Superman punches an alien queen in the face

THAT'S what you want in a sports theme

Yeah I really don't get the appeal of the Champions League theme. It's like a poor parody of the Hallelujah Chorus. Utter shite.

Cerberus

You may, if you're a fan of prog-rock from the 80s, know this song as "Sirius," which was a long intro for a medium-sized hit called "Eye in the Sky" by the Alan Parsons Project.

But for the 6-time world champion Chicago Bulls? This was your anthem. This meant asswhippings were about to occur.

This meant winning.

This is the best one. Instant hype.

NBC's Sunday Night Football theme gets me pumped up too.

is anyone surprised that a bunch of people from second rate loser countries can't comprehend the greatness of the nba on nbc theme

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
You may, if you're a fan of prog-rock from the 80s, know this song as "Sirius," which was a long intro for a medium-sized hit called "Eye in the Sky" by the Alan Parsons Project.

But for the 6-time world champion Chicago Bulls? This was your anthem. This meant asswhippings were about to occur.

This meant winning.

It will always be the Husker Tunnel Walk for me, even if the Huskers really don't use it anymore.

I guess the theme matches the sport in its ability to lull you to sleep. So it has that going for it.

:lol I like this man.

xbhaskarx

Gotta love American sports GAF, where the Champions League anthem is "too boring" and John Tesh is the pinnacle of musical achievement...

Htown

Gotta love American sports GAF, where the Champions League anthem is "too boring" and John Tesh is the pinnacle of musical achievement...

It's okay. Just kick that thought back and forth in your head for a couple hours and you'll come to an unsatisfying conclusion.

Htown

that's horrible.
that nba theme posted earlier is the best one.

I already said the NBA theme was the best

I was comparing energy levels and the fact that the soccer theme is best played with ambient rain sounds to help you drift off.

BBC have got some great intros but Grandstand and F1 are on another level. The thought of the rest of the world watching F1 without that music is sad.

Not really. The ITV theme (with the Moby song) blows the BBC/Sky themes out of the water.

Hockey Night in Canada was amazing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEA5FSkGlhE

And RDS (French Canada's ESPN) old F1 theme was amazing - actually much better than anything I've heard in the UK so far. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjPwVYzMv8s

Addi

Champions league is the best! Pure class!

I absolutely don't see the appeal for the american sports themes posted here. So corny. Full House on steroids.

MYE

Some of these songs posted sound straight out of a montage of a shitty 80s sitcom or cop show
Fuck outta here with that nonsense :p

hah

I can;t believe that someone posted the new shitty NHL theme.

Please tell me what other theme song had a NATIONAL debate as to whether or not it should be used for another network. When the CBC decided not to renew the license/got outbid by TSN, there were talk shows/news reports about this. No other sports theme has the history/pedigree attached to it as does the NHL on CBC theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom