• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory Season 8 |OT| Penny Got a Haircut

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

Raj's reasoning for wanting to break up came out of nowhere and had hardly any build up. His character has been consistently woeful for 8 seasons now, good god.

Malvingt2

Season 8 even tho it was a hit and miss It did have some great moments. Season 7 still one of my favorite. I can't wait for season 9.

The finale was fine.

IGN said what I felt about it

It's rare to see The Big Bang Theory become this dramatic. This episode was even a bit depressing. But if "The Commitment Determination" proved anything, it's that the show should drive to be dark more often. This finale offered the progression Season 8 mostly lacked, forcing several characters to make big decisions and ending with one of the show's better cliffhangers

I wish Kaley Cuoco would cut her hair really short. More-so than before. It looked really good then, but doesn't look as good now. Though she's still very beautiful.

The finale was solid, and I wish they'd write Amy off the show. She's annoying.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Raj's girlfriend deserved better
they could have developed that kinky story and ran it throughout the season and it could have been hilarious, but instead they kinda just dumped it on us

Enosh

the ring at the end was complete bullshit, there was no indication whatsoever that he was fucking ready to get engaged, it's just a cheap ploy to generate some kind of sympathy for an obvious unsympathetic character in this case, he's at fault and she is 100% right to dump his ass, should have done it ages ago in fact

i would say the vast majority of Amy and Sheldon's relationship has been Sheldon being too selfish, prudish, set in his ways, or naive to give Amy what she really wants. So with that in mind, almost as long as the character Amy has existed.

It's really annoying at this point.

They need to fuck or break up

Penny and Leonard need to hurry up and get married

Raj needs a steady GF

Get that shit over with already

orion434

I like how they cut the high-IQ sperm bank opening of the pilot in syndication. Sheldon was goin to jizz in a cup for a T1 connection, but string Amy along for 5 years lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I like how they cut the high-IQ sperm bank opening of a he pilot in syndication. Sheldon was goin to jizz in a cup for a T1 connection, but string Amy along for 5 years lol

Sheldon is an entirely different character those first two episodes. So is Penny.

orion434

Sheldon is an entirely different character those first two episodes. So is Penny.
Penny is mostly the same, much cuter back then. The writers have taken Sheldon and Amy's relationship to annoying levels. Amy should have went out with that Geologist guy. Does anyone really think that Amy and Sheldon are breaking up? It was doable with Penny and Leonard because she lived across the hall, you think Penny and Bernadette will hang out with Amy if Sheldon is out of the picture?

What ever happened to Penny's "friends" with the random parties at her place.

leng jai

the ring at the end was complete bullshit, there was no indication whatsoever that he was fucking ready to get engaged, it's just a cheap ploy to generate some kind of sympathy for an obvious unsympathetic character in this case, he's at fault and she is 100% right to dump his ass, should have done it ages ago in fact

They pretty blatantly just thought of the two most unlikely scenarios
(Amy wanting to break up and Sheldon proposing)
and made them occur at almost exactly the same moment. The whole episode just felt incredibly contrived, and pretty much none of the storylines had any justification whatsoever besides Howard's.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Penny is mostly the same, much cuter back then. The writers have taken Sheldon and Amy's relationship to annoying levels. Amy should have went out with that Geologist guy. Does anyone really think that Amy and Sheldon are breaking up? It was doable with Penny and Leonard because she lived across the hall, you think Penny and Bernadette will hang out with Amy if Sheldon is out of the picture?

What ever happened to Penny's "friends" with the random parties at her place.

Penny was an absolute and total ditz in the first few episodes. She wasn't street smart, she was just a moron.

Dereck

Agreed

leng jai

Penny was an absolute and total ditz in the first few episodes. She wasn't street smart, she was just a moron.

She was a stereotypical ditzy blonde in season one. After she got comfortable with the guys in season two she became much more "street smart", which again doesn't make much sense. She should have been like from the start - hanging out with a bunch of geeks would hardly change that normally.

Maddocks

The biggest bullshit of the episode was Sheldon debating over watching the flash. A guy like him who wears flash t-shirts and has dressed up like the flash a number of times would not be waiting till the final 2 episodes of the season to start watching.

Sad knowing they will just correct their relationship in 5 episodes next season.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
She grew into something worse.

I don't think so. She's pretty much the Anti-Sheldon. Where Sheldon got some friends, barely gives them a second though and pretty much forces them to bend to his every whim, Amy changed and learned to accept others once she made friends.

leng jai

Just rewatched it and Jim Parsons did a very good job with the last scene. He was still able to elicit an emotional response out of me despite how contrived and cheap the whole setup to the scene was.

I also noticed how terrible that last kissing attempt was from Raj. That guy really is the king of cringe.

Dryk

Can't believe Amy wasted 5 years of her life on him.
It would've made more sense back when she just seemed like a female Sheldon, but since she started indicating that she's in any way a sexual person it became kind of odd.

Oh no not just a season. If I'm in I'm in for the whole run, even if the quality declines
Oh hey look this show knows how I feel about it.

Please die Big Bang Theory so I can escape your grasp ;_;

Just rewatched it and Jim Parsons did a very good job with the last scene. He was still able to elicit an emotional response out of me despite how contrived and cheap the whole setup to the scene was.

I also noticed how terrible that last kissing attempt was from Raj. That guy really is the king of cringe.

Agreed. He did an impressive job, and it was quite surprising in general. The scene, I mean.

I hate Stewart, too. Not just Amy.

neoism

It would've made more sense back when she just seemed like a female Sheldon, but since she started indicating that she's in any way a sexual person it became kind of odd.

Oh hey look this show knows how I feel about it.

Please die Big Bang Theory so I can escape your grasp ;_;

It's go 2 seasons left... Lol it's still number 1.... I think it stopped being funny after like s3 but I didn't even start watching it until 2012 soo I had 5 seasons... And I just watch it when I have a few eps dvr'd .... I still like the show but it's not as funny as it use to be... Plus the difference in everyone's look is just jarring. Everyone is wider and just not as good looking but every show that lasts this long that happens....

Dark_castle

Raj's reasoning for wanting to break up came out of nowhere and had hardly any build up. His character has been consistently woeful for 8 seasons now, good god.

We actually had couple of scenes spreaded out over a couple of episodes this season showing how Raj felt uncomfortable around Emily's love for gross stuff, so there are build up to it, just not via this chapter. Same goes to Amy's breakup with Sheldon. There were build up to why she decided on this, but not necessarily depicted via this chapter.

Season 8 wasn't very good though. The show is still at its best when it focuses on the 4 guys, like earlier few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom