• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac |OT| thread brought to you by Edmund McMillen

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
21 hours or something! Hype Hype Hype!

Salsa

Just in case you guys forgot: this comes out tomorrow!

Also, the soundtrack will be available to buy today at midnight. 2 pre-release tracks will be pay-what-you-want with no minimal cost. Im in!

Salsa

Reluctant-Hero said:
Awesome, I'll buy this. Salsa, do you know if the game'll support the wired 360 pad?

Pretty shocking stuff but apparently its hard mapped to keyboard (doesnt require a mouse). Edmund said its easily customizable with something like Xpadder or JoytoKey.

It still sounds weird to me but we'll see.

SalsaShark said:
Pretty shocking stuff but apparently its hard mapped to keyboard (doesnt require a mouse). Edmund said its easily customizable with something like Xpadder or JoytoKey.

I... what? Hard mapped to keyboard? I almost need to quote my own avatar.

I hope he patches. I'll buy the game because I loved his work on Super Meat Boy, but I doubt i'll play it much until 360 pad is officially supported

I have an Alienware m11x, keyboard only gaming is uncomfortable for me. KB&M, I can deal.

I'm.... looking forward to it. I haven't followed much on the game but the initial stuff I saw just wasn't really my thing. Was tired of this art style and randomated dungeon games aren't usually my thing but just the fact that a new, cheap game from a genre I never really play from a guy who I know can make a content rich game, well, I'm in.

Salsa

Reluctant-Hero said:
I... what? Hard mapped to keyboard? I almost need to quote my own avatar.

I hope he patches. I'll buy the game because I loved his work on Super Meat Boy, but I doubt i'll play it much until 360 pad is officially supported

I have an Alienware m11x, keyboard only gaming is uncomfortable for me. KB&M, I can deal.

JoytoKey and Xpadder are your friends. They are programs wich let you map buttons from the 360 pad to keyboard keys really easily, and i doubt this game will have much buttons to speak of.

I can make a .cfg file for everyone and post a guide here once the game comes out.

Gilgamesh

SalsaShark said:

For that authentic Super Smash TV feeling.

No gamepad support? I can't even process that information for this game.

Oh well, this went from instant buy to maybe buy. I imagine it'll be patched eventually, so I guess I'm still leaning closer to buy.

Salsa

You guys would be seriously surprised at how damn easy it is to set up JoytoKey to work with anything. Its downloading a program and.. that's it. Making the game a "might buy" because of this (specially when Edmund himself said the software works great) is pretty silly. Im sure there's a reason why its mapped to keyboard as well. Its not a dual-stick shooter, you cant shoot in diagonal directions afaik.

I'm sure it is easy, but I shouldn't have to go to outside software to get basic functionality support for a game that really SHOULD already include it.

Salsa

ilwvx9MuGbfJm.png

:D

Salsa

I still have a soft spot for Repentant since the trailer came out. I mean man, one of the best tracks DannyB ever did for sure. Amazing stuff. If you guys dont buy this album i might have to do a separate thread about it, its that good.

edit: oops dp

Salsa

First review up, but its a no-score one:

http://www.shh-mom.com/the-binding-of-isaac-a-review/

These lil’ buggers are combined with enough atmosphere and creepy soundtrack bits to make Isaac one of the best indie games to come out this year.

All in all, Edmund has developed another wonderful game. It’s in no way Super Meat Boy, but it’s a beautiful game that’s well worth the five dollars. My only recommendation is that one doesn’t play the game too seriously, as it is rather difficult. In fact, it has a difficulty setting right up there with Demon’s Souls and Super Meat Boy. Put that on the back of the virtual box.

Therion

Just a heads-up: The soundtrack includes the narration from the game, so you could consider it a spoiler. I had no problem with it, but others might.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Should be out now , right? Guess the store is a bit slow updating.

poor duckroll must have an alert for "Renegade Ops" set lol.

I have a feeling this game (RO and probably TBoI) is going to be pushed back some more. not for technical reason. it's just going to be released during the wrong week lol

Khatoz

Maybe they are trying the Eric Cartman Market Strategy....

Nobody will be able to buy it this week...

Next week only 10 persons will be able to buy it...

Week after that only 20 people... and so and so until demand is so high that they will be selling millions of copies!!

Top Bottom