• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac Rebirth - PS4, Vita, Steam 2014

-PXG-

EVERYONE needs to buy this. I'm double dipping this. Really surprised they are skipping PS3 and going straight to PS4. Still, awesome news. Show us some game play, please.

MLCodest

One of my favorite games of all time. Will purchase on all platforms available, hopefully it finds its way to Xbox One and 3DS eventually.

maty

Can not wait for BoI Rebirth, I have 178 hours on the original one so I'll be there day 1 on Steam. Might also buy on PS4 if I get one.

2014 is so far away :(

-PXG-

I love how the teased the first ever gameplay footage at the actual conference. We need direct feed video now. I noticed there are dark rooms now, where Isaac will have a spot light over him.

The new boss and enemy art is great. I seriously need this game. I know I will put unhealthy amounts of time into it.

Ferrio

Banned
lol what is this, 1997? I haven't heard that issue since Xenogears previews and questions on whether it would make it stateside.

Some of the shit in issac is pretty fucking bad and disturbing even outside of religious stuff. I'm not surprised at all. Aborted babies and such.

Laranja

Is there any footage of the game available, yet?

I remember seeing a few gameplay clips during Sony's conference, but I couldn't tell if it whether it was the regular old game or the Rebirth version.

Persona7

Banned
I just remembered this game is being developed by Nicalis. I can't support that company after they fucked over Nigoro on La Mulana.

Edmund McMillen ‏@EdmundMcMillenn 1h
i got a build of rebirth today.. gotta say the programmers are out doing them selves. almost all items combo completely now
Dr fetus+ wiggle worm+ poly+ parasite+ Ouija board. triple mega bomb tears that go through rocks as they wiggle then split into small bombs!
keep in mind everything is early & nothing in this is final, but here is animated proof that rebirth will be amazing http://imgur.com/X35OvZp
merry fucking xmas isaac fans!

X35OvZp.gif

Con_Smith

Banned
Literally the reason I got a vita. All I want is a hard date and my purchase is justified. Think I've played through BoI at least 4 times and can't wait to tackle it again.

Eusis

Very ironic if that's the case considering how Nintendo went out of its way to pick up a game where you slaughter mountains of angels.
Well, the exact details are hazy, though there is a difference in how Binding of Isaac does it. Nevermind the superficial Zelda similarities, that may well make them more sensitive about offensive content.

Nillansan

How would a game like this be garbage performance on consoles? It's not exactly graphically intensive. Pretty sure this will run 1080p 60 FPS on even garbage hardware.

The original version is Flash based and it could bring even fairly powerful rigs to a crawl, but yes, this shouldn't be a problem for Rebirth as it isn't based on Flash.

Well, the exact details are hazy, though there is a difference in how Binding of Isaac does it. Nevermind the superficial Zelda similarities, that may well make them more sensitive about offensive content.

Whenever we talk about Nintendo and their reluctance of tackling the religious thing, it's Nintendo of America, right? From what I recall, Japan's side is more lenient regarding religious depictions and even perverted nature. I'm right, am I? If not, and the orders for squeeky clean games are being barked from Japan, isn't that a double standard. If I'm right, how long will it take for NoA to move past this 1950s Norman Rockwell vision of a Nintendo Nation?

Top Bottom