• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 |OT| (XBLA/PSN)

Kimosabae

Banned
JEKKI said:
when they first announced this game and said you could jump I thought to myself "oh hellz no... the stage design is going to take so many compromises to accommodate this now..."

and now I have this as just one example:

U7O8U.jpg

you are forced to use jump to progress, and this is just one of the many more I have found.

the overall stage design is so disengaging and sloppy, no wonder I am not happy...

From the looks of it, you don't have to jump there. You can latch on to girder you're standing on and swing to the ledge on the right and Rad should auto-climb.

Barrett2

Some of these levels are really tedious, and it's more and more annoying having to go into a submenu to switch alternate powers.

Dry_Bones

I'm on the fence here .. I loved the first one and I'm thinking on buying the second but there seem to be more negative comments than positive for the sequel ... I really liked the trial version of it, but I'm worried about later on .. Should I buy it GAF ??

mrgone

levious said:
the outside portion is no longer in the game on normal since that last patch.

I've been replaying the first game again, inspired by the sequel. I can understand them pushing that portion of the albatross stage into the hard mode, and the unlimited lives thing, but the checkpoint system has left me agape with incredulity. The low-health autosave loop was supposed to have been wiped out by science. We had a cure! This is madness!

Can anyone answer this question?

I can't buy the full version yet, as I'm too low on points.

But in the full game, can you do "death from above" as soon as you start the first level? Or is it an upgrade you get later?

I know you can do it in the demo straight away, but I'm wondering about the full game.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Criminal Upper said:

But in the full game, can you do "death from above" as soon as you start the first level? Or is it an upgrade you get later?

I know you can do it in the demo straight away, but I'm wondering about the full game.
It's something you have from the start.

Criminal Upper said:

Enjoy the game whenever you get it ^_^

Shiggy

Did you know? This project was started at GRIN, the developer of the first game. Codenamed "Blue Steel", the title was transferred to Fatshark when SquareEnix cancelled Final Fantasy Fortress since Capcom was afraid that GRIn would have to close down and take their money to pay debt.

Just finished this today. Finished the first one a few years ago and from what I can remember, the gameplay was the same. 2 is easier and while the writing isn't as clever, the stages provided a good amount of "puzzles" and multiple paths. I switched weapons every once in a while, mainly for the shield guys and never diviated from the health regen, even though it built up so slowly and enemies dropped so much health that it wasn't even needed. Last boss and your reason for fighting it was stupid though.

Overall, I enjoyed it just as much as the first one.

Did they ever patch out the PSN DRM for this?

Reason I ask is because you can actually play the demo without being connected, so that lead me to believe they did.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
AgentOtaku said:
Did they ever patch out the PSN DRM for this?

Reason I ask is because you can actually play the demo without being connected, so that lead me to believe they did.
It would be nice if they did since that's the only way I'll buy it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Fuzzy said:
It would be nice if they did since that's the only way I'll buy it.
Same.

I'm not a big anti-DRM worry wart... but the idea of having to be connected to the net/PSN is ridiculous. I'm never buying a game that does this.

BocoDragon said:
Same.

I'm not a big anti-DRM worry wart... but the idea of having to be connected to the net/PSN is ridiculous. I'm never buying a game that does this.
Same way I feel. I hope Capcom changed their ways with regards to 3S:OE

Wizpig

This game was 600 MSP (don't know if it still is) on the 360 so, having loved BCR and Bionic Commando retail... sure, i jumped in.

Not liking it though. music is not memorable, level design feels stupid with the jump (i want to play without ever using it, but i find myself pressing A! i want an option to remove it dammit!) etc.

=( Gimme a sequel to the 3D one, gimme Grin back...

Damn, I can't believe I said this was a really good game earlier in the thread. I'm too much of a Bionic Commando fanboy :(

I don't think it's bad though... it's just kinda okay, but completely forgettable. Inferior to the original in every single way.

Top Bottom