• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

If Kanye would answer my tweets, we could make the D.R.O.P.squad a reality.

tell him do do more with his money than spending it on half-armenian chicks and expensive italian blank white cotton t-shirts.

also, the UK news papers released pictures of the parents

andthebeatgoeson

If Kanye would answer my tweets, we could make the D.R.O.P.squad a reality.

tell him do do more with his money than spending it on half-armenian chicks and expensive italian blank white cotton t-shirts.

also, the UK news papers released pictures of the parents
What parents?

Aiustis

The Cincinnati zoo parents. TMZ has them on blast as well.

Edit: Actually. Googling it now, and their faces are plasters all over most of the news sites.

Yeah pretty messed up. I like how everyone but them is a perfect parent. Though a Times opinion piece supported the mom.

Talk to a black teenager in a majority white school. There's only a 10% chance they gonna be woke and that's assuming they don't have virtually all white friends.

---

Lin-Manuel coming up in the world

I was pretty woke as a kid. Raised mostly around white people but I knew I was black. I think it's because 95% of the children's books I read were black kids.

D i Z

Firing up Overwatch for a while if anyone is down. That Hanzo vs Genji brawl is going to be ridiculous. (Hanzo will be easier for most people with that ult, but Genji should take the most wins).

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Most self hating shit I've ever seen:

https://www.facebook.com/TonyaTkoShow/videos/10154064359115937/

If you can make it past 5 minutes you are a better man than me. I've never laid a hand on a woman in my life so I would have to get my sister or someone else to slap some sense into this girl disrespecting her mother like this.

Smh. Poor thing.

I'm not even angry. I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't love themselves. What a miserable existence.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Niggas really think they can escape being black. Like they can just say all the right shit and white people will welcome them in open arms. It'd be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic.

iavi

Talk to a black teenager in a majority white school. There's only a 10% chance they gonna be woke and that's assuming they don't have virtually all white friends.

---

Lin-Manuel coming up in the world

Bingo. That's exactly why I'm so familiar with it.

In the CA bay area where I'm at now with its insane amounts of gentrification going down, there aren't many peoples anywhere that isn't the east-bay and that's probably not lasting long either.

Take that with the fact that among the little percentage of blacks that actually live in the area, most are relegated to low-income subsets like Hunters Point in SF or Marin City in the North Bay and you'll see that what you're left with this huge delta in raw image between the wealthy & successful whites and struggling blacks. And then those black kids still have to go to school with everyone else, where there's maybe one of them for every couple hundred white kids.

It's the perfect storm of perpetuating self-hate.

Johndoey

Banned
NIGGA!

I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU DO OR WHAT YOU USE WITH YO ASS BUT WHAT MADE YOU THINK THAT THIS IS OK/REASONABLE/WISE TO SHARE THAT INFO?
Waiting for people to talk about their daily enemas or some shit.
---
Powers is pretty great so far.
---
When I grew up all I had was old issues of The Spirit.

akira28

NIGGA!

I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU DO OR WHAT YOU USE WITH YO ASS BUT WHAT MADE YOU THINK THAT THIS IS OK/REASONABLE/WISE TO SHARE THAT INFO?

he's young man, part of that share anything generation. don't get too upset with him.

isn't he part of the bct force teen squad?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

If you can make it past 5 minutes you are a better man than me. I've never laid a hand on a woman in my life so I would have to get my sister or someone else to slap some sense into this girl disrespecting her mother like this.

got to the part where she dissed her mom for working and bailed. fuck that shit straight up

Even the Justice League raised the Titans better than this though...right?

with their death rate, no.

akira28

yeah growing up I had to constantly re-check the cover and make sure it actually said Teen Titans because they all went through some raw shit you wouldn't think a kid should face. They were a mess. Then I was wondering if they were the Teen Titans who the fuck were the Titans, then I looked them up in the encyclopedia and it figured. all dead.

Cjw7fGqVAAAGBtq.jpg:large

BigDes

This Issue One Of These Titans Will Die!

Felt like that was on the cover every week and then you knew it was going to be the character they introduced last issue.

Slayven

yeah growing up I had to constantly re-check the cover and make sure it actually said Teen Titans because they all went through some raw shit you wouldn't think a kid should face. They were a mess. Then I was wondering if they were the Teen Titans who the fuck were the Titans, then I looked them up in the encyclopedia and it figured. all dead.

Almost from jump The titans was dealing with raw shit, rawer than anyone else was dealing with.

That hurt my soul, i had tears in my eyes for her mom

Just finished it....shed tears.

Kind of hit home for me. Just had a kid, he's only two months old and people are already on him about shit like this. Mom tells I should squeeze his nose everyday so it will be more straight. "Brush his hair so it's straight not curly!"....Woman in the store the other day commented how perfect his (white) skin color was. It's crazy just seeing how we are bombarded with shit like that from birth with this woman basically losing her mind to deal with it. Sad on so many levels.

Hey there fellow brothers, I need to know what the best MF DOOM album is
Solo - Mm Food
Collab - Madvillainy.

I absolutely refuse to believe this is real. For my own sanity. I've come across some self hating bullshit but gotdamn this is too much.

RedSwirl

Man shut the fuck up you don't know me. Black kids in majority white schools still gotta put up with expectations from people who've probably ever met you and two other black people.

Kinda funny though how while growing up in majority white schools with basically all-white friends my dad would still give me the "you still black," speech at every opportunity, and I didn't really take any of it to heart to be honest.

Imm0rt4l

People can be salty about some BP
Folks really taking that black nerd problem piece seriously. And I like how some felt the need to air their grievances with the character because black people aren't supposed to have shit. And look! Even when they get shit (in fiction), they're gigantic assholes! These Wakandans have some nerve some holding on to their traditions. Hell I'd argue tribalism still being a thing makes the world that much more compelling.

23qwerty

BCT fam,

is Rogue Galaxy/Dark Cloud 2 worth getting them for $15 a pop if I resign up plus?

Dark Cloud 2 is one of my favourite games of all time for what it's worth. Combat hasn't aged super great, but it's still pretty good. Tons and tons to do in that game. Played it in an emulator for the first time in years and years a little while ago. Holy does it look good at 1080p, the art style definitely aged super well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom