• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorillas don't even live in the snow

AZ1oO2q.jpg

Peltz

Is she Raven Symone?

Welcome to the thread, anyway. There's a little intro questionnaire in the OP.

Cool, I'll answer it:

Where you're from -

Long Island

Where you live -

NYC

What is your age? -

29 (turning 30 in March)

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -

I'm Jewish, but I see it as an ethnicity and not a religion for me. I'm also a mix of Russian, German and Polish.

Do you know your roots -

Brown with some tinges of blonde... oh wait you mean my ancestry? Nope, not really.

Favorite musical genre

Jazz is the truth.

Your profession/major/career interest -

I'm a lawyer.

Your religious affiliation -

I choose to say "none" even though I have Jewish ethnicity.

Hobbies -

Jazz, videogames, hockey, football, working out, yoga, hiking, running

KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -

Red Lobster

Marvel or DC? -

Darkhorse

Favorite superhero? -

Buddha

Anime or Nah? -

If it's entertaining, why not?

Favorite sport and team? -

Hockey, New York Rangers

What's your favorite Disney movie? -

Up

What's your favorite video game and genre? -

I'll never be able to answer this one. But it's probably something by Nintendo.

Uhuh..

Which one was it?

Well everyone contributed. Someone suggested the seasoning, and someone else suggested spices to add. Someone suggested buttermilk, someone else gave an idea of how long to soak. You all helped!

Fried chicken

celery salt, but don't overdo it. also a bit of paprika and chili for browning. garlic powder, cumin, white pepper, and salt to taste curry seasoning

It's in my journal as the "BCT fried chicken recipe".
(I'm kidding I don't have a journal, but it's in my notes as that)

Well everyone contributed. Someone suggested the seasoning, and someone else suggested spices to add. Someone suggested buttermilk, someone else gave an idea of how long to soak. You all helped!

Fried chicken

celery salt, but don't overdo it. also a bit of paprika and chili for browning. garlic powder, cumin, white pepper, and salt to taste curry seasoning

splash of paprika will also bring out a nice smokey flavor

Sch1sm

Fried chicken

Forearm's journal:

01/26/2017 - bought some Cadbury's to get myself through cooking for my girl tomorrow.

akira28

I'm white (Jewish actually), and this is my first time in this thread. I'm currently dating a very nice girl and she happens to be black. Last night she told me I don't act very white but I also don't try to act black. She said her and her friends have a phrase for guys like me. Specifically, she told me:

"You're a snow gorilla."

Just felt like sharing.

I could see someone trying to be funny with that snow gorilla stuff but its probably extremely localized like an inside joke between those particular friends. Not really cute though. How do you feel about being called a snow gorilla? I mean I'm writing the sitcom right now in my head where they came up with the term and how it becomes this thing where you're not really cool with it but you don't want to offend them, etc. And then you assert yourself and its like a comedy with a lesson at the end of it.

So, you're a 29yo lawyer and "snow gorilla" is okay to you? I was half hoping you were 15, or younger, 'cause then it'd almost make sense. 🤔🤔🤔

NYC got some weird ass black women bruh. They are either the "yo son you look like ya dick mad huge b" or the "I dress weird and go to Afropunk but let me regurgitate all these fucked up stereotypes about black men to justify why I only date white guys who work in midtown" with very little in between.

Least that was my experience.

akira28

NYC got some weird ass black women bruh. They are either the "yo son you look like ya dick mad huge b" or the "I dress weird and go to Afropunk but let me regurgitate all these fucked up stereotypes about black men to justify why I only date white guys who work in midtown" with very little in between.

Least that was my experience.

yeah and like the term was made up by a clique of bougie-ish but not quite elevated, girls being girls, making up different pseudo-scientific classifications for the different men available in NYC. In the scene in my head. While binge watching some horrible tv show people watch, and doing the whole popcorn night robes, sleepover with wine thing.

Sch1sm

You and your Cadbury's breh. Maybe one day I'll get my internet back on. I also have street fighter v just sittin in my living room, untouched. One day.....one day.

I'm convinced all y'all dudes with the game who don't hit us up to play are just too afraid to catch Shy's some hands.

I'm convinced all y'all dudes with the game who don't hit us up to play are just too afraid to catch Shy's some hands.

I'll get on....on one condition. Ya'll gotta play me on my home turf just one time. Skullgirls: Second Encore. I'll give ya'll time to practice, like that's gonna help anyway...heheheheehee.

Sch1sm

I'll get on....on one condition. Ya'll gotta play me on my home turf just one time. Skullgirls: Second Encore. I'll give ya'll time to practice, like that's gonna help anyway...heheheheehee.

Word? My homepage on here is my Steam, I've got Skullgirls. I'm not that good, though, like I only bought it last month and played maybe 5 hours. Dunno who else has it, though.

akira28

Nah but for real though get a gun a motorcycle, some kerosene lanterns, some maps and shit, just in case. And plan for rolling blackouts in case the chinese or the russians ever actually pull off that power cascade and blow up the eastern power infrastructure.

edit: I have Skullgirls...

and yes I am afraid to die. I am afraid of Shy. But I might jump in too.

Can't even front I don't play fighting games online cause I either suck or everyone I face cheeses like hell, I stick to games like battlefield. But when Tekken drop I'm definitely getting that though.

Kreed

I'm white (Jewish actually), and this is my first time in this thread. I'm currently dating a very nice girl and she happens to be black. Last night she told me I don't act very white but I also don't try to act black. She said her and her friends have a phrase for guys like me. Specifically, she told me:

"You're a snow gorilla."

Just felt like sharing.

No self respecting black person is calling a white person a "snow gorilla" and therefore suggesting that black people are "regular gorillas". Your girl has issues. Good luck with that.

Peltz

So, you're a 29yo lawyer and "snow gorilla" is okay to you? I was half hoping you were 15, or younger, 'cause then it'd almost make sense. 🤔🤔🤔

I thought it was harmless.

No self respecting black person is calling a white person a "snow gorilla" and therefore suggesting that black people are "regular gorillas". Your girl has issues. Good luck with that.

You may be right. Didn't see it that way at all.

I thought it was harmless.

You may be right. Didn't see it that way at all.

I thought she was calling me a gorilla because of my muscles

If you're dating Raven Symone, you can tell us. We can keep a secret.

Also, there's a severe lack of self-respecting black people once you rise above a certain income bracket in NYC. Like, everything goes out the window for that paper chase.

"real"
"anime"

choose one.

Skull Girls is still a fine fighter. Guilty Gear needs to sort their console and PC launch date issues before I buy in.

Indeed it is. Love the game and hope they make a sequel in the future with a larger roster of characters. But first, I must support lab zero by buying indivisible when it releases. That and it looks quite awesome to boot.

Sch1sm

While we're on the topic of games, I finally bought a 3DS XL to replace the one that was stolen from me 2 years ago since I don't see myself buying into the Switch early and the sound hack on the 3DS is elite.

Indeed it is. Love the game and hope they make a sequel in the future with a larger roster of characters. But first, I must support lab zero by buying indivisible when it releases. That and it looks quite awesome to boot.

That's the RPG with the female protagonist, right?

While we're on the topic of games, I finally bought a 3DS XL to replace the one that was stolen from me 2 years ago since I don't see myself buying into the Switch early and the sound hack on the 3DS is elite.

That's the RPG with the female protagonist, right?
Nice, what games you got? And yep! Sure is!
If you not settling shit on Bushido Blade on PS1 you a cuck.

I still haven't played this and I heard so many good things about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom