• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
Nice! I'm actually looking for the Axis on the end tho.

Got ya' fam

73qtc6qk5fzx.jpg

Credit: Anti-Nazi poster from designer Arin Fishkin building on an illustration by Paul Sizer.

Stolen fron reddit

Rembrandt

Banned
Well since he's the guy that said he'll be alright with his wife and his weed, I could give a fuck. Dude is plenty responsible for that orange fuck pushing that BOTH THE SAME/Vote Jill Stein bullshit because his boy didn't get the nomination..fucking child..

Killer Mike is still on "Who mans is this" list. He can step on a lego bare footed

yeah, can't rock with him. he's one of those "good ones" in some people's eyes because he was caping so fucking hard for bernie and constantly throwing hillary under the bus.

22 years in the struggle tomorrow. Don't know how she deals with me, but she is loved eternally for it..��

congrats, man. it's a beautiful thing.

yo, am i the only XB1 owning person in here? smh.

I'mma grab a PS4 soon, though. I'm tryna grab a PSVR with it, but niggas are taxing on ebay.

Rembrandt

Banned
I'll listen to Run the Jewels, but uh...Fuck Killer Mike

He can still rap and they make good music, though I think they're lowkey overrated, but he was annoying as hell this election cycle. especially when he had that bullshit in that barbershop with all the black people for cnn or msnbc. like come on, man.

yeah, can't rock with him. he's one of those "good ones" in some people's eyes because he was caping so fucking hard for bernie and constantly throwing hillary under the bus.

Yo, I can't fuck with none them fools right now. Were literally living in that "or bust" works that these fucks thought would be ok. You've gotta be it off your fucking mind if you think I'll listen to ANYTHING you have to say to me..fuck your feelings. Oh, he had done wise shit to say? Fuck him..find someone else to parrot his words.

While he lives in his "got mine" bubble, which he fucking bragged about, the rest of us are screwed. This dude travels the world..most of us can't travel to the next fucking state. Bitch ass..sit and fucking spin..

Rembrandt

Banned
Yo, I can't fuck with none them fools right now. Were literally living in that "or bust" works that these fucks thought would be ok. You've gotta be it off your fucking mind if you think I'll listen to ANYTHING you have to say to me..fuck your feelings. Oh, he had done wise shit to say? Fuck him..find someone else to parrot his words.

While he lives in his "got mine" bubble, which he fucking bragged about, the rest of us are screwed. This dude travels the world..most of us can't travel to the next fucking state. Bitch ass..sit and fucking spin..

i must have missed that. if so, then i'm definitely 100% done in all capacities. was he essentially just out preaching to the niggas on OT that ask if RTJ have the best song of the year? lmao.

LionPride

Banned
Grats on the anniversary Gordon. You ever do like LionPride and talk on the phone?
I don't need this right now
He can still rap and they make good music, though I think they're lowkey overrated, but he was annoying as hell this election cycle. especially when he had that bullshit in that barbershop with all the black people for cnn or msnbc. like come on, man.
Not lowkey, they overrated as fuck by people who don't listen to rap music. Straight up.

Grats on the anniversary Gordon. You ever do like LionPride and talk on the phone?

LMAO..NO, in fact. I had a policy of silence=click. If I noticed over 15-20 seconds of no words, the shit was done..I could be watching paint dry.

Actually, one of my favorite memories is the night before my wedding (right now) was about 20 of us hitting Grand Prix Race-O-Rama drunk/high as all hell, racing go karts, budgie nonsense, and blowing a fuck ton on arcade games, which "pop" paid for everyone. We were the last ones out the joint..shit was amazing.

i must have missed that. if so, then i'm definitely 100% done in all capacities. was he essentially just out preaching to the niggas on OT that ask if RTJ have the best song of the year? lmao.

Sloppy quote "Got my half naked wife here. Got my weed. I'll be fine." How does one interpret that?

Is anyone else watching the New Edition bio on BET? It's really good. The acting is top notch. The little boy who played Lucas on Strager things is going to be a great actor.

Rembrandt

Banned
Not lowkey, they overrated as fuck by people who don't listen to rap music. Straight up.

no lies.

Sloppy quote "Got my half naked wife here. Got my weed. I'll be fine." How does one interpret that?

lmaooo, fuck him, man.

Is anyone else watching the New Edition bio on BET? It's really good. The acting is top notch. The little boy who played Lucas on Strager things is going to be a great actor.

that's why i've been seeing all those bobby brown memes on twitter.

Don't know about that..

I know... Ill try to put it up again... In honor of your anniversary. Congrats dude!

Thanks, my man..😁

lmaooo, fuck him, man.

I just don't understand how you talk about being about the people, but saying such nonsense at the same time. Dude was hurt by his boy..i get it. This shit is bigger than him, and he knows that..but nah, bust the world around me..I'll be fine..

Rembrandt

Banned
I just don't understand how you talk about being about the people, but saying such nonsense at the same time. Dude was hurt by his boy..i get it. This shit is bigger than him, and he knows that..but nah, bust the world around me..I'll be fine..

and while he was doing an alright job of promoting bernie, he should have also tried not to throw the alternative under the bus and he definitely shouldn't have tried to separate himself from it. yeah, the nigga's rich, but he ain't rich enough to not go broke in 4-8 years, lmao.

and while he was doing an alright job of promoting bernie, he should have also tried not to throw the alternative under the bus and he definitely shouldn't have tried to separate himself from it. yeah, the nigga's rich, but he ain't rich enough to not go broke in 4-8 years, lmao.

Man look..their music has helped me through some hard times, to be honest. I just can't roll with this dumb shit right now..fuck that. How do you live with yourself knowing you part of this shit? ...

LionPride

Banned
Don't know about that..

People on this site who happen to not listen to rap music a lot act as if they are the best thing since sliced bread. When there is a topic asking if a meh song from their album was the best song of the last ten years, there is a problem.

I like RTJ, but they overrated af rn

People on this site who happen to not listen to rap music a lot act as if they are the best thing since sliced bread. When there is a topic asking if a meh song from their album was the best song of the last ten years, there is a problem.

Homie..people got some exaggerated opinions on things. Happens here. Happens in Kanye threads (not cracking). Elects presidents. I rather judge the person/product rather than their followers. RTJ has, indeed, had some great tracks in the past. I'd never go into a list war because..lol what?! I'm grown! But they aren't straight trash.

Now, will I be giving my ear from here on out? Fuck no. Mike in the penalty box..he staying there for a good minute..

LionPride

Banned
Homie..people got some exaggerated opinions on things. Happens here. Happens in Kanye threads (not cracking). Elects presidents. I rather judge the person/product rather than their followers. RTJ has, indeed, had some great tracks in the past. I'd never go into a list war because..lol what?! I'm grown! But they aren't straight trash.

Now, will I be giving my ear from here on out? Fuck no. Mike in the penalty box..he staying there for a good minute..

That's far man. I definitely got exaggerated opinions sometimes, if I'm hyped up, I'll be saying some wild shit. Mike has just...man IDK. He fucked up

They are a whole lotta artists I think are talented, but very overrated, but that's none of my business.

That's far man. I definitely got exaggerated opinions sometimes, if I'm hyped up, I'll be saying some wild shit. Mike has just...man IDK. He fucked up

They are a whole lotta artists I think are talented, but very overrated, but that's none of my business.

You'll hear zero fucking arguments from me on this opinion, brother..

Mumei

That post of mine that is linked to in the OP is about three years out of date, and it has been bothering me. So, here's an update:

Books I've read—a few of these are less directly about the subject of race (though they usually disproportionately affect black people) but might be relevant to important discussions or provide relevant historical context or whatever. You'll probably be able to identify which books those are just by the titles.

1. The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness, by Michelle Alexander
  2. A Massacre in Memphis: The Race Riot That Shook the Nation One Year After the Civil War, by Stephen V. Ash
  3. The Half Has Never Been Told: Slavery and the Making of American Capitalism, by Edward E. Baptist
  4. Loathing Lincoln: An American Tradition From the Civil War To the Present, by John McKee Barr
  5. Burning Down the House: The End of Juvenile Prison, by Nell Bernstein
  6. Slavery by Another Name: The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II, by Douglas A. Blackmon
  7. Race and Reunion: The Civil War in American Memory, by David W. Blight
  8. Racism without Racists: Color-Blind Racism and the Persistence of Racial Inequality in the United States, by Eduardo Bonilla-Silva
  9. Pit Bull: The Battle over an American Icon, by Bronwen Dickey (no, seriously)
  10. Hair Story: Untangling the Roots of Black Hair in America, by Ayana Byrd
  11. Between the World and Me, by Ta-Nehisi Coates
  12. Dispossession: Discrimination against African American Farmers in the Age of Civil Rights, by Pete Daniel
  13. Blues Legacies and Black Feminism: Gertrude "Ma" Rainey, Bessie Smith, and Billie Holiday, by Angela Y. Davis
  14. Women, Race, and Class, by Angela Y. Davis
  15. After Appomattox: Military Occupation and the Ends of War by Gregory P. Downs
  16. The Souls of Black Folk, by W.E.B. Du Bois
  17. Is Bill Cosby Right?: Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?, by Michael Eric Dyson
  18. Southern Horrors: Women and the Politics of Rape and Lynching, by Crystal N. Feimster
  19. Inferno: An Anatomy of American Punishment by Robert A. Ferguson
  20. The Fiery Trial: Abraham Lincoln and American Slavery, by Eric Foner
  21. Gateway to Freedom: The Hidden History of the Underground Railroad, by Eric Foner
  22. Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution, 1863–1877, by Eric Foner
  23. Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin
  24. The Black Family in Slavery and Freedom, 1750-1925, by Herbert George Gutman
  25. How the Irish Became White, by Noel Ignatiev
  26. The Ferguson Report: Department of Justice Investigation of the Ferguson Police Department, by The Department of Justice
  27. When Affirmative Action Was White: An Untold History of Racial Inequality in Twentieth-Century America, by Ira Katznelson
  28. For Discrimination: Race, Affirmative Action, and the Law, by Randall Kennedy
  29. Unequal Childhoods: Class, Race, and Family Life, by Annette Lareau
  30. Ghettoside: A True Story of Murder in America, by Jill Leovy
  31. American Apartheid: Segregation and the Making of the Underclass, by Douglas S. Massey
  32. Holding Police Accountable, edited by Candace McCoy
  33. Ties That Bind: The Story of an Afro-Cherokee Family in Slavery and Freedom, by Tiya Miles
  34. American Slavery, American Freedom, by Edmund S. Morgan
  35. Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls in Schools, by Monique Morris
  36. The Civil War as a Theological Crisis, by Mark A. Noll
  37. Everyday Antiracism: Getting Real About Race in School, by Mica Pollock
  38. Citizen: An American Lyric, by Claudia Rankine
  39. Killing the Black Body: Race, Reproduction, and the Meaning of Liberty, by Dorothy Roberts
  40. Family Properties: How the Struggle Over Race and Real Estate Transformed Chicago and Urban America, by Beryl Satter
  41. Stuck in Place: Urban Neighborhoods and the End of Progress toward Racial Equality, by Patrick Sharkey
  42. The Slave's Cause: A History of Abolition, by Manisha Sinha
  43. To Protect and Serve: How to Fix America’s Police, by Norm Stamper
  44. "Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?": A Psychologist Explains the Development of Racial Identity, by Beverly Daniel Tatum
  45. Punishing Race: A Continuing American Dilemma by Michael Tonry
  46. Ebony and Ivy: Race, Slavery, and the Troubled History of America's Universities, by Craig Steven Wilder
  47. The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration, by Isabel Wilkerson
  48. White Like Me: Reflections on Race from a Privileged Son, by Tim Wise
  49. The Origins of American Slavery: Freedom and Bondage in the English Colonies, by Betty Wood

Books about race (sometimes intersecting with feminism or class) in the United States that I found by scrolling through my to-read list:

1. Way Up North in Louisville: African American Migration in the Urban South, 1930-1970, by Luther Adams
  2. Raciolinguistic​s: How Language Shapes Our Ideas About Race, edited by H. Samy Alim, John R. Rickford, and Arnetha F. Ball
  3. Malcolm X at Oxford Union: Racial Politics in a Global Era, by Saladin Ambar
  4. Black Labor, White Wealth: The Search for Power and Economic Justice, by Claud Anderson
  5. Woman's Legacy: Essays on Race, Sex, and Class in American History, by Bettina Aptheker
  6. Blues People: Negro Music in White America, by Amiri Baraka
  7. Rising Tide: The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 and How It Changed America, by John M. Barry
  8. Slavery's Capitalism: A New History of American Economic Development, by Sven Beckert
  9. Hate Thy Neighbor: Move-In Violence and the Persistence of Racial Segregation in American Housing, by Jeannine Bell
  10. Many Thousands Gone: The First Two Centuries of Slavery in North America, by Ira Berlin
  11. War Against the Weak: Eugenics and America's Campaign to Create a Master Race, by Edwin Black
  12. A Slave No More: Two Men Who Escaped to Freedom, Including Their Own Narratives of Emancipation, by David W. Blight
  13. Public Housing Myths, by Nicholas Dagen Bloom
  14. The Cause of All Nations: An International History of the American Civil War, by Don H. Boyle
  15. Arc of Justice: A Saga of Race, Civil Rights, and Murder in the Jazz Age, by Kevin G. Boyle
  16. Parting the Waters: Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement 1954-63, by Taylor Branch
  17. University, Court, and Slave: Pro-Slavery Thought in Southern Colleges and Courts and the Coming of Civil War, by Alfred L. Brophy
  18. Punished: Policing the Lives of Black and Latino Boys, by Cynthia Stoke Brown
  19. Good Wives, Nasty Wenches, and Anxious Patriarchs: Gender, Race, and Power in Colonial Virginia, by Kathleen M. Brown
  20. Whitewashing Race: The Myth of a Color-Blind Society, Michael K. Brown
  21. Dark Places of the Earth: The Voyage of the Slave Ship Antelope, by Jonathan M. Bryant
  22. All God's Children: The Bosket Family and the American Tradition of Violence, by Fox Butterfield
  23. Envisioning Freedom: Cinema and the Building of Modern Black Life, by Cara Caddoo
  24. Closer to Freedom: Enslaved Women and Everyday Resistance in the Plantation South, by Stephanie M. H. Camp
  25. Black Power: The Politics of Liberation, by Stokely Carmichael
  26. Agents of Repression: The FBI's Secret Wars against the Black Panther Party & the American Indian Movement, by Ward Churchill
  27. Crook County: Racism and Injustice in America's Largest Criminal Court, by Nicole Gonzalez van Cleve
  28. This Nonviolent Stuff'll Get You Killed: How Guns Made the Civil Rights Movement Possible, by Charles E. Cobb, Jr.
  29. Black Sexual Politics: African Americans, Gender, and the New Racism, by Patricia Hill Collins
  30. Black Feminist Thought: Knowledge, Consciousness, and the Politics of Empowerment, by Patricia Hill Collins
  31. The Cross and the Lynching Tree, by James H. Cone
  32. God of the Oppressed, by James H. Cone
  33. A World More Concrete: Real Estate and the Remaking of Jim Crow South Florida, by N. D. B. Connolly
  34. Lincoln and the Politics of Slavery: The Other Thirteenth Amendment and the Struggle to Save the Union, by Daniel W. Crofts
  35. The Shadow of Slavery: Peonage in the South, 1901-1969, by Pete R. Daniel
  36. An Autobiography, by Angela Y. Davis
  37. Black Visions: The Roots of Contemporary African-American Political Ideologies, by Michael C. Dawson
  38. Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome: America's Legacy of Enduring Injury and Healing, by Joy Angela Degruy
  39. Why Busing Failed: Race, Media, and the National Resistance to School Desegregation, by Matthew F. Delmont
  40. My Bondage and My Freedom, by Frederick Douglass
  41. Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, by Frederick Douglass
  42. At the Hands of Persons Unknown: The Lynching of Black America, by Philip Dray
  43. Black Reconstruction in America 1860-1880, by W.E.B. Du Bois
  44. The Philadelphia Negro: A Social Study, by W.E.B. Du Bois
  45. The Wars of Reconstruction: The Brief, Violent History of America's Most Progressive Era, by Douglas R. Egerton
  46. No Longer Separate, Not Yet Equal: Race and Class in Elite College Admission and Campus Life, by Thomas J. Espenshade
  47. Race and the Enlightenment: A Reader, Emmanuel Chukwudi Eze
  48. Creating Their Own Image: The History of African-American Women Artists, by Lisa E. Farrington
  49. Bad Boys: Public Schools in the Making of Black Masculinity, by Ann Arnett Ferguson
  50. Racecraft: The Soul of Inequality in American Life, by Karen E. Fields
  51. Law and Order: Street Crime, Civil Unrest, and the Crisis of Liberalism in the 1960s, by Michael W. Flamm
  52. After the War on Crime: Race, Democracy, and a New Reconstruction, by Mary Frampton
  53. The Voice That Challenged a Nation: Marian Anderson and the Struggle for Equal Rights, by Russell Freedman
  54. American Crucible: Race and Nation in the Twentieth Century, by Gary Gerstle
  55. Ida: A Sword among Lions: Ida B. Wells and the Campaign against Lynching, by Paula J. Giddings
  56. When and Where I Enter: The Impact of Black Women on Race and Sex in America, by Paula J. Giddings
  57. Gender and Jim Crow: Women and the Politics of White Supremacy in North Carolina, 1896-1920, by Glenda Elizabeth Gilmore
  58. Democracy in Black: How Race Still Enslaves the American Soul, by Eddie S. Glaude, Jr.
  59. Unequal Freedom: How Race and Gender Shaped American Citizenship and Labor, by Evelyn Nakano Glenn
  60. Out of the House of Bondage, by Thavolia Glymph
  61. New Deal Ruins: Race, Economic Justice, and Public Housing Policy, by Edward G. Goetz
  62. Vagrant Nation: Police Power, Constitutional Change, and the Making of the 1960s, by Risa Goluboff
  63. A Dream Foreclosed: Black America and the Fight for a Place to Call Home, by Laura Gottesdiener
  64. The Mismeasure of Man, by Stephen Jay Gould
  65. The Empire of Necessity: Slavery, Freedom, and Deception in the New World, by Greg Grandin
  66. Sweet Soul Music: Rhythm and Blues and the Southern Dream of Freedom, by Peter Guralnick
  67. Bind Us Apart: How Enlightened Americans Invented Racial Segregation, by Nicholas Guyatt
  68. Word by Word: Emancipation and the Act of Writing, by Christopher Hager
  69. A Nation Under Our Feet: Black Political Struggles in the Rural South from Slavery to the Great Migration, by Steven Hahn
  70. Sister Citizen: Shame, Stereotypes, and Black Women in America, by Melissa V. Harris-Perry
  71. Scenes of Subjection: Terror, Slavery, and Self-Making in Nineteenth-Century America, by Saidiya V. Hartman
  72. A Colony in a Nation, by Christopher L. Hayes
  73. Black Prometheus: Race and Radicalism in the Age of Atlantic Slavery, by Jared Hickman
  74. Hellhound on His Trail: The Stalking of Martin Luther King, Jr. and the International Hunt for His Assassin, by Hampton Hides
  75. Army Life in a Black Regiment: and Other Writings, by Thomas Wentworth Higginson
  76. The Deacons for Defense: Armed Resistance and the Civil Rights Movement, by Lance Hill
  77. From the War on Poverty to the War on Crime: The Making of Mass Incarceration in America, by Elizabeth Hinton
  78. Making the Second Ghetto: Race and Housing in Chicago 1940-1960, by Arnold A. Hirsch
  79. Black Looks: Race and Representation, by bell hooks
  80. We Real Cool: Black Men and Masculinity, by bell hooks
  81. Bone Black: Memories of Girlhood, by bell hooks
  82. killing rage: Ending Racism, by bell hooks
  83. Ain't I a Woman: Black Women and Feminism, by bell hooks
  84. We Can't Teach What We Don't Know: White Teachers, Multiracial Schools, by Gary R. Howard
  85. Country Soul: Making Music and Making Race in the American South, by Charles L. Hughes
  86. The Ways of White Folks, by Langston Hughes
  87. But Some Of Us Are Brave: All the Women Are White, All the Blacks Are Men: Black Women's Studies, by Gloria Akasha Hull
  88. The Color of Privilege: Three Blasphemies on Race and Feminism, by Aída Hurtado
  89. Moral Combat: Black Atheists, Gender Politics, and the Values Wars, by Sikivu Hutchinson
  90. Jim Crow's Children: The Broken Promise of the Brown Decision, by Peter H. Irons
  91. Science for Segregation: Race, Law, and the Case Against Brown V. Board of Education, by John P. Jackson, Jr.
  92. Crabgrass Frontier: The Suburbanization of the United States, by Kenneth T. Jackson
  93. From Civil Rights to Human Rights: Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Struggle for Economic Justice, by Thomas F. Jackson
  94. Whiteness of a Different Color: European Immigrants and the Alchemy of Race, by Matthew Frye Jacobson
  95. A Question of Manhood: A Reader in U.S. Black Men's History and Masculinity, The 19th Century: From Emancipation to Jim Crow, by Earnestine Jenkins
  96. The Christian Imagination: Theology and the Origins of Race, by Willie James Jennings
  97. Soul by Soul: Life Inside the Antebellum Slave Market, by Walter Johnson
  98. Shifting: The Double Lives of Black Women in America, by Charisse Jones
  99. White Over Black: American Attitudes Toward the Negro, 1550-1812, by Winthrop D. Jordan
  100. Ben Tillman and the Reconstruction of White Supremacy, by Stephen Kantrowitz
  101. Fear Itself: The New Deal and the Origins of Our Time, by Ira Katznelson
  102. Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America, by Ibram X. Kendi
  103. Censoring Racial Ridicule: Irish, Jewish, and African American Struggles Over Race and Representation, 1890-1930, by Alison M. Kibler
  104. Uprooting Racism: How White People Can Work for Racial Justice, by Paul Kivel
  105. The Shame of the Nation: The Restoration of Apartheid Schooling in America, by Jonathan Kozol
  106. Been in the Storm So Long: The Aftermath of Slavery, by Leon F. Litwack
  107. Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism, by James W. Loewen
  108. The Betrayal Of The Negro: From Rutherford B. Hayes To Woodrow Wilson, by Rayford W. Logan
  109. Peter's War: A New England Slave Boy and the American Revolution, by Joyce Malcolm
  110. How Capitalism Underdeveloped Black America: Problems in Race, Political Economy, and Society, by Manning Marable
  111. Race, Reform, and Rebellion: The Second Reconstruction in Black America, 1945-1990, by Manning Marable
  112. The United States and the Transatlantic Slave Trade to the Americas, 1776-1867, by Leonardo Marques
  113. Bending Toward Justice: The Voting Rights Act and the Transformation of American Democracy, by Gary May
  114. At the Dark End of the Street: Black Women, Rape, and Resistance--A New History of the Civil Rights Movement from Rosa Parks to the Rise of Black Power, by Danielle L. McGuire
  115. The Negro's Civil War, by James M. McPherson
  116. Injustices: The Supreme Court's History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted, by Ian Milhiser
  117. The Origins of the Civil Rights Movements: Black Communities Organizing for Change, by Aldon D. Morris
  118. The Condemnation of Blackness: Race, Crime, and the Making of Modern Urban America, by Khalil Gibran Muhammad
  119. Reconstruction's Ragged Edge: The Politics of Postwar Life in the Southern Mountains, by Stephen E. Nash
  120. Brethren by Nature: New England Indians, Colonists, and the Origins of American Slavery, by Margaret Ellen Newell
  121. Racial Formation in the United States: From the 1960s to the 1990s, by Michael Omi
  122. Worse Than Slavery: Parchman Farm and the Ordeal of Jim Crow Justice, by David M. Oshinsky
  123. Lockdown America: Police and Prisons in the Age of Crisis, by Christian Parenti
  124. The Sugar Barons: Family, Corruption, Empire, and War in the West Indies, by Matthew Parker
  125. Black on the Block: The Politics of Race and Class in the City, by Mary Pattillo
  126. I've Got the Light of Freedom: The Organizing Tradition and the Mississippi Freedom Struggle, by James M. Payne
  127. Not in My Neighborhood: How Bigotry Shaped a Great American City, by Antero Pietila
  128. Eighty-Eight Years: The Long Death of Slavery in the United States, 1777–1865, by Patrick Rael
  129. The Other Slavery, by Andrés Reséndez
  130. The Death of Reconstruction: Race, Labor, and Politics in the Post-Civil War North, 1865-1901, by Heather Cox Richardson
  131. Arrested Justice: Black Women, Violence, and America's Prison Nation, by Beth E. Richie
  132. Punished: Policing the Lives of Black and Latino Boys, by Victor Rios
  133. The Race Beat: The Press, the Civil Rights Struggle, and the Awakening of a Nation, by Gene Roberts
  134. White Privilege: Essential Readings on the Other Side of Racism, by Paula S. Rothenberg
  135. The Color Complex: The Politics of Skin Color Among African Americans, by Kathy Russell
  136. Assata: An Autobiography, by Assata Shakur
  137. for colored girls who have considered suicide/when the rainbow is enuf, by Ntozake Shange
  138. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, by Rebecca Skloot
  139. Queering the Color Line: Race and the Invention of Homosexuality in American Culture, by Siobhan B. Somerville
  140. Spirit in the Dark: A Religious History of Racial Aesthetics, by Josef Sorett
  141. Disciplining the Poor: Neoliberal Paternalism and the Persistent Power of Race, by Joe Soss, Richard C. Fording, and Sanford F. Schram
  142. The Peculiar Institution: Slavery in the Ante-Bellum South, by Kenneth M. Stampp
  143. Picturing Frederick Douglass: An Illustrated Biography of the Nineteenth Century's Most Photographed American, by John Stauffer
  144. The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry, by Constance Sublette and Ned Sublette
  145. Sweet Land of Liberty: The Forgotten Struggle for Civil Rights in the North, by Thomas J. Sugrue
  146. The Origins of the Urban Crisis: Race and Inequality in Postwar Detroit, by Thomas J. Sugrue
  147. From #BlackLivesMat​ter to Black Liberation, by Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor
  148. Intimate Justice: The Black Female Body and the Body Politic, by Shatema Threadcraft
  149. Purging the Poorest: Public Housing and the Design Politics of Twice-Cleared Communities, by Lawrence J. Vale
  150. Modern Religion, Modern Race, by Theodore Vial
  151. Lynching in America: A History in Documents, by Christopher Waldrep
  152. Hanging Bridge: Racial Violence and America's Civil Rights Century, by Jason Morgan Ward
  153. New England Bound: Slavery and Colonization in Early America, by Wendy Warren
  154. Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present, by Harriet A. Washington
  155. Freedom Summer: The Savage Season of 1964 That Made Mississippi Burn and Made America a Democracy, by Bruce Watson
  156. American Slavery as it Is: Testimony of a Thousand Witnesses, by Theodore Dwight Weld
  157. Help Me to Find My People: The African American Search for Family Lost in Slavery, by Heather Andrea Williams
  158. Lynching and Spectacle: Witnessing Racial Violence in America, 1890-1940, by Amy Louise Wood
  159. Black Majority: Negroes in Colonial South Carolina from 1670 through the Stono Rebellion, by Peter H. Wood
  160. The Strange Career of Jim Crow, by C. Vann Woodard
  161. The Mis-Education of the Negro, by Carter G. Woodson
  162. Sharing the Prize: The Economics of the Civil Rights Revolution in the American South, by Gavin Wright
  163. The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy and Race, edited by Naomi Zack

... That may have taken longer than I expected.

LionPride

Banned
That post of mine that is linked to in the OP is about three years out of date, and it has been bothering me. So, here's an update:

Books I've read—a few of these are less directly about the subject of race (though they usually disproportionately affect black people) but might be relevant to important discussions or provide relevant historical context or whatever. You'll probably be able to identify which books those are just by the titles.

1. The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness, by Michelle Alexander
  2. A Massacre in Memphis: The Race Riot That Shook the Nation One Year After the Civil War, by Stephen V. Ash
  3. The Half Has Never Been Told: Slavery and the Making of American Capitalism, by Edward E. Baptist
  4. Loathing Lincoln: An American Tradition From the Civil War To the Present, by John McKee Barr
  5. Burning Down the House: The End of Juvenile Prison, by Nell Bernstein
  6. Slavery by Another Name: The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II, by Douglas A. Blackmon
  7. Race and Reunion: The Civil War in American Memory, by David W. Blight
  8. Racism without Racists: Color-Blind Racism and the Persistence of Racial Inequality in the United States, by Eduardo Bonilla-Silva
  9. Pit Bull: The Battle over an American Icon, by Bronwen Dickey (no, seriously)
  10. Hair Story: Untangling the Roots of Black Hair in America, by Ayana Byrd
  11. Between the World and Me, by Ta-Nehisi Coates
  12. Dispossession: Discrimination against African American Farmers in the Age of Civil Rights, by Pete Daniel
  13. Blues Legacies and Black Feminism: Gertrude "Ma" Rainey, Bessie Smith, and Billie Holiday, by Angela Y. Davis
  14. Women, Race, and Class, by Angela Y. Davis
  15. After Appomattox: Military Occupation and the Ends of War by Gregory P. Downs
  16. The Souls of Black Folk, by W.E.B. Du Bois
  17. Is Bill Cosby Right?: Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?, by Michael Eric Dyson
  18. Southern Horrors: Women and the Politics of Rape and Lynching, by Crystal N. Feimster
  19. Inferno: An Anatomy of American Punishment by Robert A. Ferguson
  20. The Fiery Trial: Abraham Lincoln and American Slavery, by Eric Foner
  21. Gateway to Freedom: The Hidden History of the Underground Railroad, by Eric Foner
  22. Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution, 1863–1877, by Eric Foner
  23. Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin
  24. The Black Family in Slavery and Freedom, 1750-1925, by Herbert George Gutman
  25. How the Irish Became White, by Noel Ignatiev
  26. The Ferguson Report: Department of Justice Investigation of the Ferguson Police Department, by The Department of Justice
  27. When Affirmative Action Was White: An Untold History of Racial Inequality in Twentieth-Century America, by Ira Katznelson
  28. For Discrimination: Race, Affirmative Action, and the Law, by Randall Kennedy
  29. Unequal Childhoods: Class, Race, and Family Life, by Annette Lareau
  30. Ghettoside: A True Story of Murder in America, by Jill Leovy
  31. American Apartheid: Segregation and the Making of the Underclass, by Douglas S. Massey
  32. Holding Police Accountable, edited by Candace McCoy
  33. Ties That Bind: The Story of an Afro-Cherokee Family in Slavery and Freedom, by Tiya Miles
  34. American Slavery, American Freedom, by Edmund S. Morgan
  35. Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls in Schools, by Monique Morris
  36. The Civil War as a Theological Crisis, by Mark A. Noll
  37. Everyday Antiracism: Getting Real About Race in School, by Mica Pollock
  38. Citizen: An American Lyric, by Claudia Rankine
  39. Killing the Black Body: Race, Reproduction, and the Meaning of Liberty, by Dorothy Roberts
  40. Family Properties: How the Struggle Over Race and Real Estate Transformed Chicago and Urban America, by Beryl Satter
  41. Stuck in Place: Urban Neighborhoods and the End of Progress toward Racial Equality, by Patrick Sharkey
  42. The Slave's Cause: A History of Abolition, by Manisha Sinha
  43. To Protect and Serve: How to Fix America’s Police, by Norm Stamper
  44. "Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?": A Psychologist Explains the Development of Racial Identity, by Beverly Daniel Tatum
  45. Punishing Race: A Continuing American Dilemma by Michael Tonry
  46. Ebony and Ivy: Race, Slavery, and the Troubled History of America's Universities, by Craig Steven Wilder
  47. The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration, by Isabel Wilkerson
  48. White Like Me: Reflections on Race from a Privileged Son, by Tim Wise
  49. The Origins of American Slavery: Freedom and Bondage in the English Colonies, by Betty Wood

Books about race (sometimes intersecting with feminism or class) in the United States that I found by scrolling through my to-read list:

1. Way Up North in Louisville: African American Migration in the Urban South, 1930-1970, by Luther Adams
  2. Raciolinguistic​s: How Language Shapes Our Ideas About Race, edited by H. Samy Alim, John R. Rickford, and Arnetha F. Ball
  3. Malcolm X at Oxford Union: Racial Politics in a Global Era, by Saladin Ambar
  4. Black Labor, White Wealth: The Search for Power and Economic Justice, by Claud Anderson
  5. Woman's Legacy: Essays on Race, Sex, and Class in American History, by Bettina Aptheker
  6. Blues People: Negro Music in White America, by Amiri Baraka
  7. Rising Tide: The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 and How It Changed America, by John M. Barry
  8. Slavery's Capitalism: A New History of American Economic Development, by Sven Beckert
  9. Hate Thy Neighbor: Move-In Violence and the Persistence of Racial Segregation in American Housing, by Jeannine Bell
  10. Many Thousands Gone: The First Two Centuries of Slavery in North America, by Ira Berlin
  11. War Against the Weak: Eugenics and America's Campaign to Create a Master Race, by Edwin Black
  12. A Slave No More: Two Men Who Escaped to Freedom, Including Their Own Narratives of Emancipation, by David W. Blight
  13. Public Housing Myths, by Nicholas Dagen Bloom
  14. The Cause of All Nations: An International History of the American Civil War, by Don H. Boyle
  15. Arc of Justice: A Saga of Race, Civil Rights, and Murder in the Jazz Age, by Kevin G. Boyle
  16. Parting the Waters: Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement 1954-63, by Taylor Branch
  17. University, Court, and Slave: Pro-Slavery Thought in Southern Colleges and Courts and the Coming of Civil War, by Alfred L. Brophy
  18. Punished: Policing the Lives of Black and Latino Boys, by Cynthia Stoke Brown
  19. Good Wives, Nasty Wenches, and Anxious Patriarchs: Gender, Race, and Power in Colonial Virginia, by Kathleen M. Brown
  20. Whitewashing Race: The Myth of a Color-Blind Society, Michael K. Brown
  21. Dark Places of the Earth: The Voyage of the Slave Ship Antelope, by Jonathan M. Bryant
  22. All God's Children: The Bosket Family and the American Tradition of Violence, by Fox Butterfield
  23. Envisioning Freedom: Cinema and the Building of Modern Black Life, by Cara Caddoo
  24. Closer to Freedom: Enslaved Women and Everyday Resistance in the Plantation South, by Stephanie M. H. Camp
  25. Black Power: The Politics of Liberation, by Stokely Carmichael
  26. Agents of Repression: The FBI's Secret Wars against the Black Panther Party & the American Indian Movement, by Ward Churchill
  27. Crook County: Racism and Injustice in America's Largest Criminal Court, by Nicole Gonzalez van Cleve
  28. This Nonviolent Stuff'll Get You Killed: How Guns Made the Civil Rights Movement Possible, by Charles E. Cobb, Jr.
  29. Black Sexual Politics: African Americans, Gender, and the New Racism, by Patricia Hill Collins
  30. Black Feminist Thought: Knowledge, Consciousness, and the Politics of Empowerment, by Patricia Hill Collins
  31. The Cross and the Lynching Tree, by James H. Cone
  32. God of the Oppressed, by James H. Cone
  33. A World More Concrete: Real Estate and the Remaking of Jim Crow South Florida, by N. D. B. Connolly
  34. Lincoln and the Politics of Slavery: The Other Thirteenth Amendment and the Struggle to Save the Union, by Daniel W. Crofts
  35. The Shadow of Slavery: Peonage in the South, 1901-1969, by Pete R. Daniel
  36. An Autobiography, by Angela Y. Davis
  37. Black Visions: The Roots of Contemporary African-American Political Ideologies, by Michael C. Dawson
  38. Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome: America's Legacy of Enduring Injury and Healing, by Joy Angela Degruy
  39. Why Busing Failed: Race, Media, and the National Resistance to School Desegregation, by Matthew F. Delmont
  40. My Bondage and My Freedom, by Frederick Douglass
  41. Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, by Frederick Douglass
  42. At the Hands of Persons Unknown: The Lynching of Black America, by Philip Dray
  43. Black Reconstruction in America 1860-1880, by W.E.B. Du Bois
  44. The Philadelphia Negro: A Social Study, by W.E.B. Du Bois
  45. The Wars of Reconstruction: The Brief, Violent History of America's Most Progressive Era, by Douglas R. Egerton
  46. No Longer Separate, Not Yet Equal: Race and Class in Elite College Admission and Campus Life, by Thomas J. Espenshade
  47. Race and the Enlightenment: A Reader, Emmanuel Chukwudi Eze
  48. Creating Their Own Image: The History of African-American Women Artists, by Lisa E. Farrington
  49. Bad Boys: Public Schools in the Making of Black Masculinity, by Ann Arnett Ferguson
  50. Racecraft: The Soul of Inequality in American Life, by Karen E. Fields
  51. Law and Order: Street Crime, Civil Unrest, and the Crisis of Liberalism in the 1960s, by Michael W. Flamm
  52. After the War on Crime: Race, Democracy, and a New Reconstruction, by Mary Frampton
  53. The Voice That Challenged a Nation: Marian Anderson and the Struggle for Equal Rights, by Russell Freedman
  54. American Crucible: Race and Nation in the Twentieth Century, by Gary Gerstle
  55. Ida: A Sword among Lions: Ida B. Wells and the Campaign against Lynching, by Paula J. Giddings
  56. When and Where I Enter: The Impact of Black Women on Race and Sex in America, by Paula J. Giddings
  57. Gender and Jim Crow: Women and the Politics of White Supremacy in North Carolina, 1896-1920, by Glenda Elizabeth Gilmore
  58. Democracy in Black: How Race Still Enslaves the American Soul, by Eddie S. Glaude, Jr.
  59. Unequal Freedom: How Race and Gender Shaped American Citizenship and Labor, by Evelyn Nakano Glenn
  60. Out of the House of Bondage, by Thavolia Glymph
  61. New Deal Ruins: Race, Economic Justice, and Public Housing Policy, by Edward G. Goetz
  62. Vagrant Nation: Police Power, Constitutional Change, and the Making of the 1960s, by Risa Goluboff
  63. A Dream Foreclosed: Black America and the Fight for a Place to Call Home, by Laura Gottesdiener
  64. The Mismeasure of Man, by Stephen Jay Gould
  65. The Empire of Necessity: Slavery, Freedom, and Deception in the New World, by Greg Grandin
  66. Sweet Soul Music: Rhythm and Blues and the Southern Dream of Freedom, by Peter Guralnick
  67. Bind Us Apart: How Enlightened Americans Invented Racial Segregation, by Nicholas Guyatt
  68. Word by Word: Emancipation and the Act of Writing, by Christopher Hager
  69. A Nation Under Our Feet: Black Political Struggles in the Rural South from Slavery to the Great Migration, by Steven Hahn
  70. Sister Citizen: Shame, Stereotypes, and Black Women in America, by Melissa V. Harris-Perry
  71. Scenes of Subjection: Terror, Slavery, and Self-Making in Nineteenth-Century America, by Saidiya V. Hartman
  72. A Colony in a Nation, by Christopher L. Hayes
  73. Black Prometheus: Race and Radicalism in the Age of Atlantic Slavery, by Jared Hickman
  74. Hellhound on His Trail: The Stalking of Martin Luther King, Jr. and the International Hunt for His Assassin, by Hampton Hides
  75. Army Life in a Black Regiment: and Other Writings, by Thomas Wentworth Higginson
  76. The Deacons for Defense: Armed Resistance and the Civil Rights Movement, by Lance Hill
  77. From the War on Poverty to the War on Crime: The Making of Mass Incarceration in America, by Elizabeth Hinton
  78. Making the Second Ghetto: Race and Housing in Chicago 1940-1960, by Arnold A. Hirsch
  79. Black Looks: Race and Representation, by bell hooks
  80. We Real Cool: Black Men and Masculinity, by bell hooks
  81. Bone Black: Memories of Girlhood, by bell hooks
  82. killing rage: Ending Racism, by bell hooks
  83. Ain't I a Woman: Black Women and Feminism, by bell hooks
  84. We Can't Teach What We Don't Know: White Teachers, Multiracial Schools, by Gary R. Howard
  85. Country Soul: Making Music and Making Race in the American South, by Charles L. Hughes
  86. The Ways of White Folks, by Langston Hughes
  87. But Some Of Us Are Brave: All the Women Are White, All the Blacks Are Men: Black Women's Studies, by Gloria Akasha Hull
  88. The Color of Privilege: Three Blasphemies on Race and Feminism, by Aída Hurtado
  89. Moral Combat: Black Atheists, Gender Politics, and the Values Wars, by Sikivu Hutchinson
  90. Jim Crow's Children: The Broken Promise of the Brown Decision, by Peter H. Irons
  91. Science for Segregation: Race, Law, and the Case Against Brown V. Board of Education, by John P. Jackson, Jr.
  92. Crabgrass Frontier: The Suburbanization of the United States, by Kenneth T. Jackson
  93. From Civil Rights to Human Rights: Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Struggle for Economic Justice, by Thomas F. Jackson
  94. Whiteness of a Different Color: European Immigrants and the Alchemy of Race, by Matthew Frye Jacobson
  95. A Question of Manhood: A Reader in U.S. Black Men's History and Masculinity, The 19th Century: From Emancipation to Jim Crow, by Earnestine Jenkins
  96. The Christian Imagination: Theology and the Origins of Race, by Willie James Jennings
  97. Soul by Soul: Life Inside the Antebellum Slave Market, by Walter Johnson
  98. Shifting: The Double Lives of Black Women in America, by Charisse Jones
  99. White Over Black: American Attitudes Toward the Negro, 1550-1812, by Winthrop D. Jordan
  100. Ben Tillman and the Reconstruction of White Supremacy, by Stephen Kantrowitz
  101. Fear Itself: The New Deal and the Origins of Our Time, by Ira Katznelson
  102. Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America, by Ibram X. Kendi
  103. Censoring Racial Ridicule: Irish, Jewish, and African American Struggles Over Race and Representation, 1890-1930, by Alison M. Kibler
  104. Uprooting Racism: How White People Can Work for Racial Justice, by Paul Kivel
  105. The Shame of the Nation: The Restoration of Apartheid Schooling in America, by Jonathan Kozol
  106. Been in the Storm So Long: The Aftermath of Slavery, by Leon F. Litwack
  107. Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism, by James W. Loewen
  108. The Betrayal Of The Negro: From Rutherford B. Hayes To Woodrow Wilson, by Rayford W. Logan
  109. Peter's War: A New England Slave Boy and the American Revolution, by Joyce Malcolm
  110. How Capitalism Underdeveloped Black America: Problems in Race, Political Economy, and Society, by Manning Marable
  111. Race, Reform, and Rebellion: The Second Reconstruction in Black America, 1945-1990, by Manning Marable
  112. The United States and the Transatlantic Slave Trade to the Americas, 1776-1867, by Leonardo Marques
  113. Bending Toward Justice: The Voting Rights Act and the Transformation of American Democracy, by Gary May
  114. At the Dark End of the Street: Black Women, Rape, and Resistance--A New History of the Civil Rights Movement from Rosa Parks to the Rise of Black Power, by Danielle L. McGuire
  115. The Negro's Civil War, by James M. McPherson
  116. Injustices: The Supreme Court's History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted, by Ian Milhiser
  117. The Origins of the Civil Rights Movements: Black Communities Organizing for Change, by Aldon D. Morris
  118. The Condemnation of Blackness: Race, Crime, and the Making of Modern Urban America, by Khalil Gibran Muhammad
  119. Reconstruction's Ragged Edge: The Politics of Postwar Life in the Southern Mountains, by Stephen E. Nash
  120. Brethren by Nature: New England Indians, Colonists, and the Origins of American Slavery, by Margaret Ellen Newell
  121. Racial Formation in the United States: From the 1960s to the 1990s, by Michael Omi
  122. Worse Than Slavery: Parchman Farm and the Ordeal of Jim Crow Justice, by David M. Oshinsky
  123. Lockdown America: Police and Prisons in the Age of Crisis, by Christian Parenti
  124. The Sugar Barons: Family, Corruption, Empire, and War in the West Indies, by Matthew Parker
  125. Black on the Block: The Politics of Race and Class in the City, by Mary Pattillo
  126. I've Got the Light of Freedom: The Organizing Tradition and the Mississippi Freedom Struggle, by James M. Payne
  127. Not in My Neighborhood: How Bigotry Shaped a Great American City, by Antero Pietila
  128. Eighty-Eight Years: The Long Death of Slavery in the United States, 1777–1865, by Patrick Rael
  129. The Other Slavery, by Andrés Reséndez
  130. The Death of Reconstruction: Race, Labor, and Politics in the Post-Civil War North, 1865-1901, by Heather Cox Richardson
  131. Arrested Justice: Black Women, Violence, and America's Prison Nation, by Beth E. Richie
  132. Punished: Policing the Lives of Black and Latino Boys, by Victor Rios
  133. The Race Beat: The Press, the Civil Rights Struggle, and the Awakening of a Nation, by Gene Roberts
  134. White Privilege: Essential Readings on the Other Side of Racism, by Paula S. Rothenberg
  135. The Color Complex: The Politics of Skin Color Among African Americans, by Kathy Russell
  136. Assata: An Autobiography, by Assata Shakur
  137. for colored girls who have considered suicide/when the rainbow is enuf, by Ntozake Shange
  138. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, by Rebecca Skloot
  139. Queering the Color Line: Race and the Invention of Homosexuality in American Culture, by Siobhan B. Somerville
  140. Spirit in the Dark: A Religious History of Racial Aesthetics, by Josef Sorett
  141. Disciplining the Poor: Neoliberal Paternalism and the Persistent Power of Race, by Joe Soss, Richard C. Fording, and Sanford F. Schram
  142. The Peculiar Institution: Slavery in the Ante-Bellum South, by Kenneth M. Stampp
  143. Picturing Frederick Douglass: An Illustrated Biography of the Nineteenth Century's Most Photographed American, by John Stauffer
  144. The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry, by Constance Sublette and Ned Sublette
  145. Sweet Land of Liberty: The Forgotten Struggle for Civil Rights in the North, by Thomas J. Sugrue
  146. The Origins of the Urban Crisis: Race and Inequality in Postwar Detroit, by Thomas J. Sugrue
  147. From #BlackLivesMat​ter to Black Liberation, by Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor
  148. Intimate Justice: The Black Female Body and the Body Politic, by Shatema Threadcraft
  149. Purging the Poorest: Public Housing and the Design Politics of Twice-Cleared Communities, by Lawrence J. Vale
  150. Modern Religion, Modern Race, by Theodore Vial
  151. Lynching in America: A History in Documents, by Christopher Waldrep
  152. Hanging Bridge: Racial Violence and America's Civil Rights Century, by Jason Morgan Ward
  153. New England Bound: Slavery and Colonization in Early America, by Wendy Warren
  154. Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present, by Harriet A. Washington
  155. Freedom Summer: The Savage Season of 1964 That Made Mississippi Burn and Made America a Democracy, by Bruce Watson
  156. American Slavery as it Is: Testimony of a Thousand Witnesses, by Theodore Dwight Weld
  157. Help Me to Find My People: The African American Search for Family Lost in Slavery, by Heather Andrea Williams
  158. Lynching and Spectacle: Witnessing Racial Violence in America, 1890-1940, by Amy Louise Wood
  159. Black Majority: Negroes in Colonial South Carolina from 1670 through the Stono Rebellion, by Peter H. Wood
  160. The Strange Career of Jim Crow, by C. Vann Woodard
  161. The Mis-Education of the Negro, by Carter G. Woodson
  162. Sharing the Prize: The Economics of the Civil Rights Revolution in the American South, by Gavin Wright
  163. The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy and Race, edited by Naomi Zack

... That may have taken longer than I expected.
Imma need to save this list

Rembrandt

Banned
Man look..their music has helped me through some hard times, to be honest. I just can't roll with this dumb shit right now..fuck that. How do you live with yourself knowing you part of this shit? ...

i definitely respect it. and it's wild considering the things he's preached. was that quote after bernie lost?

also, mumei, weren't you a mod? what happened? always enjoyed your posts.

Rembrandt

Banned
I was demodded... I think a couple years ago now? I'm surprised when people are surprised these days. :p

was it that long ago? sheesh.

i'll have to check out some books in that list you posted. idk how you read this much, but i admire it. i'm still working through house of leaves, lmao.

G'morning all.

I had chest day today and it was pretty good.

I heard some of you all have Twitter accounts? Ya want to pm me them so I can follow you (based on what I heard in a BCT podcast)

Don't know, but with trump you never know what kind of fuckery your in for. And it's only been about a week!

The fun part is hearing people say "people are overreacting, it's his first week"

1. Now I know who you voted for
2. All this bs is on the menu already, and it's just the first week. That's the problem!!

Sch1sm

The fun part is hearing people say "people are overreacting, it's his first week"

2. All this bs is on the menu already, and it's just the first week. That's the problem!!

Don't think any of them expected he was capable of this. They thought he was all talk, that the dude's rhetoric was nothing but an appeal to the right.

Man is mad efficient, though. May as well edit that oprahyougeta.jpg to executive order, 'cause he's sparing 0 time.

Yep, every single stupid ass moron that said that exposed themselves real quick. And now they look even more stupid with just how quick Trump is dealing out order after order.

Don't think any of them expected he was capable of this. They thought he was all talk, that the dude's rhetoric was nothing but an appeal to the right.

Man is mad efficient, though. May as well edit that oprahyougeta.jpg to executive order, 'cause he's sparing 0 time.

Yep. We in the first week and America is looking more dismal with each order filed and signed. I shudder to imagine what six months from now will look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom