• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

It's a pain to collect things that everyone wants. The scalpers take them all and you can't get shit anymore. I never had any problems collecting those Marvel Haunted Mansion comics.

Nudull

Banned
They care more about their prestige than they do about their customers.

They have for years.

They'll never fix their shit, because they can just grab up awards and more prestige IP.

Am I just super-lucky that I've never had any broken Telltale games in all my years on console-playing?

Am I just super-lucky that I've never had any broken Telltale games in all my years on console-playing?

Yeah, but you're also lucky to not know of all the things they've promised over the years and just haven't delivered and never gave a word about.

I haven't been in that scene for a long while, so I don't know of any newer examples, but they haven't changed in any other areas, so I'm sure they've done that plenty too.

9BT7iNa.jpg

i couldn't believe this shit when i saw it
Man that Japanese guy is tanned as fuck

Faustek

When minor ties start acting out Martin Niemöller's poem then you know something is fucked.

Totally missed that....

--

Something lighter, mostly because I need it.

Good black characters in animu/manga.

tumblr_noh6dkJ5e21qj5jqso1_r1_540.gif

Bob Makihara from Tenjou Tenge...damn that series could have been really good if it wasn't for the gratuitous fan service.

Dutch "We aren't going to a wedding" from awesome serious Black Lagoon.

tumblr_nhel20oOaU1slvqiko2_500.gif

Michiko Malandro from Michiko to Hatchin

tumblr_nrz3lsQgle1qg78wpo1_500.gif

Kilik Rung from Soul Eater. Fun Trivia, Ōkubo purposely made him black because he NOTICED the lack of African characters in other manga.

m0GROu3.png

Anthy Himemiya from revolutionary girl Utena.

tumblr_oof710pyJm1vlmn9wo1_500.gif

Simon Brezhnev from Durarara....yeah guess who it is.

fmSHLwD.jpg

And my favourite mixed bastard, Mugen from Samurai Champloo

29lWN1r.gif

Man, I always identified with Mugen and his attitude.

Still quote him to this day.

Weird to think I grew up with that show. Was 13 when it came out in Japan.

Totally missed that....

--

Something lighter, mostly because I need it.

Good black characters in animu/manga.

tumblr_noh6dkJ5e21qj5jqso1_r1_540.gif

Bob Makihara from Tenjou Tenge...damn that series could have been really good if it wasn't for the gratuitous fan service.

Dutch "We aren't going to a wedding" from awesome serious Black Lagoon.

tumblr_nhel20oOaU1slvqiko2_500.gif

Michiko Malandro from Michiko to Hatchin

tumblr_nrz3lsQgle1qg78wpo1_500.gif

Kilik Rung from Soul Eater. Fun Trivia, Ōkubo purposely made him black because he NOTICED the lack of African characters in other manga.

m0GROu3.png

Anthy Himemiya from revolutionary girl Utena.

tumblr_oof710pyJm1vlmn9wo1_500.gif

Simon Brezhnev from Durarara....yeah guess who it is.

fmSHLwD.jpg

And my favourite mixed bastard, Mugen from Samurai Champloo

29lWN1r.gif

Dutch was such a damn boss. Michiko and Mugen as well.

Edit: Damn autocorrect.

Dereck

I gotta say that I'm confused as to why people are referring to people with darker skinned as tanned.

Is the word "tanned" being used to refer to a white person who got a tan? It literally speaks like they live on a planet where only white people exist. I'm bewildered.

I gotta say that I'm confused as to why people are referring to people with darker skinned as tanned.

Is the word "tanned" being used to refer to a white person who got a tan? It literally speaks like they live on a planet where only white people exist. I'm bewildered.
Many of them do.

Faustek

The California Valley girls are anime.

"did you check out when Hilary got the nomination?"
"I did what I always did, long winded statement not answering the question directly" Rosario Dawson

She's all good things til it turns to Bernie

Here's the list of characters the author considered black.

Bugs Bunny
Tasmanian Devil
Tweety Bird
Goofy
Max
Spongebob (he's white passing)
Bob (from Reboot)
Elmo
Cookie Monster (West Indies)
Zaboomafoo
Arthur (half)
Brain (from Arthur)
Muffy (half)
Lola Bunny
Babar
Luigi (from Mario)
Jerry (Tom and Jerry)
Some Ninja Turtles (Michelangelo, maybe Raphael)
Scrappy Doo
Woody the Woodpecker
The Pink Panther
Optimus Prime

akira28

The Lot 29 effect.

lmao. you might be on to something like right on the nose

for instance I never thought taz or bugs or gd tweety was black....but I did see them with cornrows in my young formative years. and I'm pretty sure they moved weight.

vv: it'll happen eventually.

The day we get an anime with an all black cast would be spectacular. Other than the Boondocks of course. But that would be a very rare moment. Like you winning the lottery rare.

2dfd13caf3bfbfc0a75b66449bf89d04815b90f3_hq.gif

tumblr_mtc3zlKWOx1qcm0i5o4_500.gif

Mohamed Avdol and Enrico Pucci
Avdol is a great hero in part 3 and saves the team multiple times. Enrico pucci is an amazing villain that manages to outwit the part 6 heroes multiple times, and is one of the most powerful characters in the manga.
And my avatar Pocoloco a side character in part 7. His stand ability is having 99 luck wherever he goes.
latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom