• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only get that 970 if it's still under warranty. My suggestion is the 1070, though. That's below retail. Hope it isn't the EVGA one, least the first batch. They had some thermal issues that they decided to just slap thermal pads on if you RMA it as their "fix."

---

Slay, the 970 still has plenty of use. It can play today's AAA games on high, some on ultra. It'll run hot, though, so hope you got good circulation and cooling?
Point a fan right at it, that's what a friend of mine did.

I've been eyeing the 1070. I going to try and get a discount on it through...certain channels though.

Sch1sm

I didn't mean it was a bad card in general , i meant you don't know if it been run hot shortening life or what ever. Maybe I am being basis but george washington between friends can cause undo static

I gave a friend my 970 and he's getting good work out of it, still. It'll last ages, it just won't be running on 60fps stable at 1080p the more shit releases.

I get you, though.

I've been eyeing the 1070. I going to try and get a discount on it through...certain channels though.

I bought mine in the States around release time. Was cheaper. smh.

akira28

I guess I've been talked out of it. 1070 it is. That's the one I really want anyway.

Reminding me of how hot the 9 series got...my 670 already brings summer early every year, so I don't really want something even hotter.

Slayven

I gave a friend my 970 and he's getting good work out of it, still. It'll last ages, it just won't be running on 60fps stable at 1080p the more shit releases.

I get you, though.

Giving away VR capable cards, but won't smuggle me into Canada, i see how it is.

I get you, though.

Actually, I'm going ask my boss for his IT/computer supplier buddy to hook me up. I hope to get close to free as possible.

Sch1sm

Giving away VR capable cards, but won't smuggle me into Canada, i see how it is.

If I knew you needed a GPU back in December, I'd have let you pay shipping for it. One of those things is illegal, though. I seep a straight and narrow path.

Actually, I'm going ask my boss for his IT/computer supplier buddy to hook me up. I hope to get close to free as possible.

Wanna hook me up, too? LOL. I'm trying to build an additional rig, give my current one to the living room and build an ITX for my small ass space situation.

Slayven

I hope you're going up there for military training like Harriet Tubman did before she started running the railroad.
Yeah, i would be back as soon as possible for the rest of you
If I knew you needed a GPU back in December, I'd have let you pay shipping for it. One of those things is illegal, though. I seep a straight and narrow path.

Wanna hook me up, too? LOL. I'm trying to build an additional rig, give my current one to the living room and build an ITX for my small ass space situation.

I brought a RX 480 in Dec, but I appreciate the thought

Give me your credit card number

Fine, but I'm gonna need your bank info and your password.

Need one of those ITX 1070's - I wonder how cool they run. I've been considering a small/mini/micro PC as an auxiliary unit.

Sch1sm

Fine, but I'm gonna need your bank info and your password.

Need one of those ITX 1070's - I wonder how cool they run. I've been considering a small/mini/micro PC as an auxiliary unit.

LOL. How about I PayPal you cost if you are able to get it. Where's the trust?!

You don't need an ITX card for an ITX build, tbh. Just get an ITX case that allows you slide out a drive bay to fit a regular sized card. That's what I'm planning to do. Case I picked up was the Fractal Design Define Nano S. Only thing I need right now is the GPU, actually.

RedSwirl

I guess I've been talked out of it. 1070 it is. That's the one I really want anyway.

Reminding me of how hot the 9 series got...my 670 already brings summer early every year, so I don't really want something even hotter.

Been using the 1070 since last summer. Honestly a bit overkill for a 1080p display unless you want like 144Hz or something. Probably just right for 1440. Been downsampling a lot of stuff from 1440p and even a few older or less demanding games from 4K. If I tried I could probably get 4K/30fps on the latest games. Gives me a bit of extra elbow room for more demanding or less optimized games though. I'm hoping it gets me through like 2019 or 2020 or something. I found it for $400 though at a time when they were still usually $550 or something.

Kreed

A wonderful Facebook sleuth figured out why Shea Moisture screwed up:

17992185_10155698763799381_5553484381463553821_n.jpg

"Nubian Heritage."

Mitt Romney's Bain Capital at work.

LOL. How about I PayPal you cost if you are able to get it. Where's the trust?!

You don't need an ITX card for an ITX build, tbh. Just get an ITX case that allows you slide out a drive bay to fit a regular sized card. That's what I'm planning to do. Case I picked up was the Fractal Design Define Nano S. Only thing I need right now is the GPU, actually.

No worries, Sch1sm. Just want to see how much of a discount I will get first.

Faustek

It isn't a real taco if it comes wrapped in anything other than a newspaper.... Then It's so damn strong when you've been away so you don't notice that you're eating the newspapers as well. But you power through because you remember loving it and need to retrain yourself.

Good times.

akira28

i feel like that one woman was like "I make this all the time for my little cousins when I babysit and they say its they best ever."

akira28

I'd refuse to eat anything with a hard shell on principle.

I like hard shell tacos, thanks to my christian school upbringing. but homegirl's tacos were not hard. The limpness and sogginess was offensive even at 240p.
biting into it must have been like biting into bad magic.

I'm down with a firm and dry corn tortilla with some give. but a floppy corn frisbee is not where its at for me. I make special dispensation for flour tortillas because they need to be soft.

I like hard shell tacos, thanks to my christian school upbringing. but homegirl's tacos were not hard. The limpness and sogginess was offensive even at 240p.

I'm down with a firm and dry corn tortilla with some give. but a floppy corn frisbee is not where its at for me. I make special dispensation for flour tortillas because they need to be soft.

I saw the hormel chili and turned that shit off. I'm from Texas B I ain't fucking with no soggy ass chili taco. Shit has to have some give for sure but not be so greasy that it's wet. That's just nasty like you biting into a wet wipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom