• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep schedule is fucked, been living off 3 hours everyday this entire week so looking to catch up and do jack all this weekend. Knowing me I might do some indoor climbing regardless... I'm only hallucinating some what.

Hate that shit. Happens to me every few of months for a couple of weeks..brain feels like mush.

zeemumu

Telltale's Joker is odd. He doesn't actually do much in terms of evil outside of
cutting Zsasz, forcing his cut tally to not match his kill tally and driving him into a murderous rampage to kill the nearest person to keep it even so Bruce could escape in the chaos
. For the most part he's just there telling dark humor jokes. They'll probably do more if there's a Season 2.

Ja Rule is the hero we need, he made a bunch of rich people live like the poor for a few days. Now they'll take in Syrian refugees once they get home

Telltale's Joker is odd. He doesn't actually do much in terms of evil outside of
cutting Zsasz, forcing his cut tally to not match his kill tally and driving him into a murderous rampage to kill the nearest person to keep it even so Bruce could escape in the chaos
. For the most part he's just there telling dark humor jokes. They'll probably do more if there's a Season 2.

No they won't

The first one. Game still good after all those years.
eiGpIoq.gif

1 and 2 are in top ten favorite games of all time, I bought both of them twice on different platforms.

Good or bad hallucinations?

When I had first started my new commute, I hallucinated I was driving up a ramp in the middle of the freeway. I'm blessed that I didn't end up going off the side of the freeway

Hell yeah man, thats dangerous but good you ain't get hurt. My lady says I'm having "hypnopompic hallucinations" due to lack of sleep. Right now I'm seeing floating shapes in the air whenever I nod off.

I might need some tips on how to live like that man. Right now I'm running on about 2.5 hours and a cup of Starbucks.
I do not recommend it at all, anytime I'm like this I run a high risk of injuring myself, but sometimes I can't help it. That said I move around a lot. But sleeping standing is a thing that happens.

Hate that shit. Happens to me every few of months for a couple of weeks..brain feels like mush.
Truth. Its one of the worst feelings and forcing myself to sleep just becomes annoying.

andthebeatgoeson

Might think about it if I get a Switch.

Thing is, I was always kinda "eh" on MK. Only really played it when other people were around, but never found the need to buy it myself. Only MK game I ever really enjoyed on my own was MKDS. For some reason the controls in that game just felt a lot better than any other MK I'd played. I bought MK7 but was just "eh" on that one again. Tried out MK8 on Wii U and thought it was really good but again, I could live without it.

Still, this is probably good for Nintendo. It's always been obvious that if Nintendo ever actually modernized its online system it could make bank because it develops some of the most fun and popular MP console games.
It's got wireless play and online.

My problem was it being attached to a TV. We have two in the house. We're just not big on a ton of TVs. So this switch is damn good for me.

Malyse

People really want to downplay Nintendo's successes.

"Sony has announced that the PS4 has sold 4.2 million units as of December 28, 2013." --- PS4 at 48 days of being released.

"As of the end of December 31, the Xbox One had been on sale for 39 days and sold 3 million units. --- Xbox One at 39 days of being released.

"Nintendo shipped 2.74 million Switch units in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017, the company’s latest financial results reveal. " --- Switch at 28 days of being released.

For a system that isn't launching in a holiday period, they are doing damn well for themselves.

People really want to downplay Nintendo's successes.

For a system that isn't launching in a holiday period, they are doing damn well for themselves.

It's not a downplay as much as it is a fanbase that was abandoned for 2 years. Of course the faithful were going to be there. It is the performance going forward that we need to look at. Good for Nintendo though

Numb

-Said by every Nintendo console owner since the N64.

Why you gotta wait beyond launch
Bought the Wii U years in when people said it's dead but didn't give a damn since it had piled up enough of those exclusives
3rd party? what's that

Just buy Nintendo consoles on a 5 year lag and your solid.

Could be said for any console really.

I don't get why folks get fussy about 2 things:

1. A console not having shit to play on it 2 months in
2. The People getting mad at others for being mad that said console doesn't have shit on it

The whole lot of these people need to go sit some place

Johndoey

Banned
Could be said for any console really.

I don't get why folks get fussy about 2 things:

1. A console not having shit to play on it 2 months in
2. The People getting mad at others for being mad that said console doesn't have shit on it

The whole lot of these people need to go sit some place

People want to use the new thing they bought, how shocking.

Malyse

Difference between sold and shipped. Nintendo still doing well.

Red neck brawling is serious business.

Stores don't get the consoles for free and you'll be damned to find a Switch on store shelves. For all intents and purposes, shipped is sold for the Switch.

Kreed

Why you gotta wait beyond launch
Bought the Wii U years in when people said it's dead but didn't give a damn since it had piled up enough of those exclusives
3rd party? what's that

True, but you need people buying the system out the gate/early buyers to even get the pile.

Just buy what you like and be happy. Who cares? The market is changing so much that I'm fully expecting everyone but Nintendo to offer clients that'll play all of their shit one day. Nintendo won't because Nintendo doesn't do shit like that

Numb

True, but you need people buying the system out the gate/early buyers to even get the pile.
Indeed
Ninty always supporting it with exclusives by themselves so it can last longer than something like a Vita

They need to stop their addiction to gimmicks tho

Johndoey

Banned
Unless this was the first console you ever got day one, I got nothing for ya.

Whether or not people should rightfully expect more content to be available, it's not some out there notion that yeah, folk might be a bit miffed. It's not the Switch has any other utility at this point.

Indeed
Ninty always supporting it with exclusives by themselves so it can last longer than something like a Vita

They need to stop their addiction to gimmicks tho

They never will. Combining the handheld with the home console should help the sales numbers. The joy con shit was unnecessary. But alas, the corporate ideology requires it

Whether or not people should rightfully expect more content to be available, it's not some out there notion that yeah, folk might be a bit miffed.

Brah, I got a car with 3 wheels on it. It's a Ferrari with 3 wheels.

If you jumped to get it because it's a Ferrari and didn't ask me about that 4th wheel, who you getting mad at?

Slayven

search twitter for #fyrefestival. be amazed.

Apparently Ja Rule put together a festival in the bahamas for rich millenials and instagram models- the entire thing instantly devolved into the hunger games.

it's the most amazing thing I've seen this year.

edit: worth it for the new "struggle sandwich" gif alone

frwYhiI.png

double edit: This link breaks everything down for you.

http://www.dailyedge.ie/fyre-festival-3363154-Apr2017/?utm_source=twitter_self
Congrats on Gordon's getting that catering job

andthebeatgoeson

I actually have 8 games on the switch. But shovel knight, world of goo, binding of Isaac and Mario kart may not excite you to buy a system. But Zelda, kamiko, mr shifty and fast rmx are good for me. And this end of year schedule may really change a lot.

3rd parties are gonna miss the boat but these indies will help a brother.

Congrats on Gordon's getting that catering job
That's kinda good.

Numb

So this is how Ja gets the last laugh

They never will. Combining the handheld with the home console should help the sales numbers. The joy con shit was unnecessary. But alas, the corporate ideology requires it

I actually don't mind the console handheld hybrid.Everything else..
Only care about the handheld part tho and waiting for an edition to makes it so and is cheaper

So this is how Ja gets the last laugh

I actually don't mind the console handheld hybrid.Everything else..
Only care about the handheld part tho and waiting for an edition to makes it so and is cheaper

I appreciate the hybrid approach. It's the fucking rumble and mini Wii like shit that bothers me

D i Z

Stores don't get the consoles for free and you'll be damned to find a Switch on store shelves. For all intents and purposes, shipped is sold for the Switch.

Oh I get that. But you can't fudge that distinction just because it works in your favor this one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom