• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Evening lil sis.

Hope you week has been good. And your weekend is even better.

And you.

Bittersweet on a level, all the way through the weekend. Mostly good, though. Largely been helping my dad prepare for his trip. He leaves for Kenya tomorrow. I'll probably miss out on SFV tomorrow since we're taking him to the airport.

JSevere

if anyone feels like watching an uplifting movie with gorgeous cinematography and an all black cast, Queen of Katwe is up on Netflix. it's such a great film

Sch1sm

😔

I'll see what happens. I'm not even 100% sure on what time he's departing, so I may or may not be present. Just chalk me up to a potential.

if anyone feels like watching an uplifting movie with gorgeous cinematography and an all black cast, Queen of Katwe is up on Netflix. it's such a great film

Watched that with my mum yesterday. It was really good. I cosign the hell outta this.

Shy

Bittersweet on a level, all the way through the weekend. Mostly good, though. Largely been helping my dad prepare for his trip. He leaves for Kenya tomorrow. I'll probably miss out on SFV tomorrow since we're taking him to the airport.
Ahh.

Hope you Dad has a safe trip.
Shy how do you feel about anime?
I despise moe.

Umm. I guess you could say i'm an old, jaded and some what lapsed fan.

Shy

I with you, seemed like anime kinda died in the 00s.
73MJt3B.gif

90s - Mid 00s was the peak.

Ruroni Kenshin
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
DBZ
Yu Yu Hakusho
Gundam Wing, Seed
FMA Brotherhood

Thats a magnificent run.

Also Slay...did you read the latest BP comic? The Panther was riding the wind.

Even Ta-Nehisi see's the brilliance in that relationship. Why can't you?

Johndoey

Banned
My issues with obtaining a FF XIV subscription seem to be a cross between a weird PSN account quirk, and Square Enix having a terrible confusing account system. It's associating my account with a free trial from to years ago that I never ended up playing.

Aiustis

You should try The Dark Horse if you've not seen it. It's about a Maori chess player and the cast is Maori.

Not dead. I would say, we just got old and most or none the newer shit appeals to us.

There's definitely a lot more pandering and sameishness in the new stuff especially if your not into searching for good shit. My anime taste has always been eclectic and similar to my taste in other entertainment though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

nah

there's great anime still

maybe a higher percentage is bullshit but not by much. though there is more pandering like Aiustis said

then again, Sword Art Online is popular so maybe we should just burn it all down

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

because it was a failed marriage for years, and when coates moves on after ruining panther, that relationship is gonna be in limbo like it was after that clown hudlin moved on

Slayven

90s - Mid 00s was the peak.

Ruroni Kenshin
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
DBZ
Yu Yu Hakusho
Gundam Wing, Seed
FMA Brotherhood

Thats a magnificent run.

Also Slay...did you read the latest BP comic? The Panther was riding the wind.

Only reason Storm and BP are a thing is they were the two most visible black people in comics

What's the general opinion of Coates run so far?

I love it and so do critics but I have seen some shade thrown at the series. Due to Coates focusing on deconstructing T'Challa the warrior king and turning him into T'Challa the Hero King.

Only reason Storm and BP are a thing is they were the two most visible black people in comics

Im not disagreeing, but it worked wonderfully when written well. Like when they replaced Sue and Reed on that F4 run. (COSMIC ARMBAR FTW)

because it was a failed marriage for years, and when coates moves on after ruining panther, that relationship is gonna be in limbo like it was after that clown hudlin moved on

Why so salty bro? Hudlin and Coates paid the king his dues.

Malyse

Anime is dead my ass. There's a superhero anime airing right now that's dope as fuck.
Y'all just need to watch better shows.

Anime is dead my ass. There's a superhero anime airing right now that's dope as fuck.
People complaining that new anime isn't like old anime is like someone going to their favorite restaurant and seeing new options they don't like, then exiting and calling it all trash. The funny thing is, the restaurant never stopped serving their favorite dish.
Anime with the same themes, tone and appeal of old anime still exists alongside the moe. And if you want in on a little secret:
Moe anime isn't even that bad and a lot is well written.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Why so salty bro? Hudlin and Coates paid the king his dues.

get the fuck outta here with that crazyness. both have taken the character to polar conflicting extremes. hudlin tried to turn him into an unfalliable god ignoring his vulnerabilities, and coates has gone on a path to not only emasculate him, but make him second banana as well as tarnish the panther legacy with this sex ring shit that neither he, shuri, or any of the previous panthers were somehow aware of

Only good anime out right now is Boruto.

Nah, man lol..just had a talk with the wife about putting the pause on them steaks. Shit was supposed to end after her birthday month and ran all through April! Making chili tomorrow and cutting up a pork loin to prep some boneless chops. It was nice while it lasted..

Woah woah woah, why pause the steaks right when the weather is getting good?! Well I'm sure it's easier on the wallet to stop for a bit.

You got to start giving BCT some cooking lessons or sending us some resources.

Durarara is one of the best anime of all time and that was last year.
Stop watching trash shows.

idk why people feel the need to keep with a full schedule of anime and get flooded with trash

guaranteed there's at least 3 well made shows (at least on the surface) out every couple of months, and tons more you havent watched already

Trey

What's the general opinion of Coates run so far?

I enjoyed his first season a lot. I'm probably going to make a thread in detail about all the things I thought worked about the character from the perspective a new comic book reader and someone who has never read a BP book before.

get the fuck outta here with that crazyness. both have taken the character to polar conflicting extremes. hudlin tried to turn him into an unfalliable god ignoring his vulnerabilities, and coates has gone on a path to not only emasculate him, but make him second banana as well as tarnish the panther legacy with this sex ring shit that neither he, shuri, or any of the previous panthers were somehow aware of

Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom