• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
So this is where everyone went while i was out. Guess i'll never go buy cigarettes again, folks forget to leave a note and leave you like a deadbeat dad.

J/k homies. Nice to be back with ya'll. Shame for duck, i'll miss that mofo. You too Gordon, que estes bien hermano, hope is not perm for you.

So, everything good with all? Life is good or at least bearable for everyone i hope so.

Have a nice day ya'll.
Hey man.
--

LionPride

Banned
So this is where everyone went while i was out. Guess i'll never go buy cigarettes again, folks forget to leave a note and leave you like a deadbeat dad.

J/k homies. Nice to be back with ya'll. Shame for duck, i'll miss that mofo. You too Gordon, que estes bien hermano, hope is not perm for you.

So, everything good with all? Life is good or at least bearable for everyone i hope so.

Have a nice day ya'll.
Oh shit son, been traveling all day didn't even notice you were back.

Have a nice day ya'll.

Welcome back.

D i Z

Sup Diz, how you doing today homie?

Doing alright. Not the greatest of starts to the day, but we're gonna make it!

Have a nice day ya'll.

Yo, what up Dai! Good to see you back, man.

RedSwirl

The results are... in? Join me on the fun look at my heritage.

Looks like that East Asian is about as small as I thought. In other words, non-existent.

So why then, do my eyes look "Chinese?"

I can only guess and use random articles found online, but I pointed quickly in this direction (source: https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Asian-and-certain-West-African-languages-so-similar).

main-qimg-3c3b4c2ec3b9e2eceab524b3b8057de3-c

some Chinese likely originated from West Africa, which shares the "slanted" eyes look. (Dark Skin Asians, amirite? no? okay.)

edit:

So there goes the whole "Cuban" heritage I was wrong about. Well, at least from a DNA standpoint.

What my Mum doesn't have an explanation for, and is confusing to me also? The fact that Carribean doesn't show up.

Well, it's because it will show up as West African (23andme issue, but it makes sense, Jamaican girls on YouTube have the similar result).

My Mum's father's grandfather was some Greek dude (apparently) and his descendants all live in Jamaican. They've mixed a bunch (inc. half Japanese cousins). I'll get her to a similar test at some point.

I got more to look into but, there has to be something because people keep thinking this Cuban dude at work is my brother (same hair, skin tone, etc.) and I get mistaken for a different race each week. I guess I'm like water.

:) Anyway, that was fun. EDIT: Turns out I don't know where countries in Africa are but nvm.

People on my dad's side have the eye slant, I just assumed it was the Native American they always claimed to have, but no one ever officially checked up on that. I'll probably end up doing it one day. My dad always claimed he was like 25% or something, and his mom looked like she could easily pass so it's plausible. It's tough to say how far our known family history goes back. Once while back home my dad encountered a white family who may or may not be descended from the people who gave my family its slave name. Something else to investigate one day.

Its completely sold out where you are? Fuckin' scalpers ruin everything for people

live in nyc. i was on my computer at like 9:50 that day (tickets went on sale at 10am) and as soon as the clock hit 10 it just sat there loading and loading telling me im on line and once it was finally loaded the tickets were all gone, all what was left was the +200 tickets and i aint spending that kind of money for that

Shy

Mornin' folks.
Afternoon BCT
Mornin' all.
Good afternoon, fam
Evening.
Been listening to the audiobook, American Gods. Been pretty good so far. Interesting noting the changes from the book
Noice. i did the same. (finished last Saturday)

Think i'm gonna start Anansi Boys this weekend.

Have a nice day ya'll.
Welcome back Dai.
I'm about to make $525 from my side hustle.
*nods* Noice.

Have a nice day ya'll.
Welcome back! I was wondering where you had went since I hadn't seen you post here in a while. I was worried you got permed.

Mediking

Literally just saw a pretty disturbing thing on that show Cops...

Cops was trying to get a black woman to get out her car. She refused in the beginning but eventually began to get out....

Cop got rough and got super physical and practically started dragging her out the car.

She was screaming that she was trying to work with them....

1 second later... she got tased and slammed to the ground.

I was like.... Ummm... do the people behind Cops know how bad this looks...?

It was the quickest 0-100 thing. More 0-100 than Joe Budden yelling.

D i Z

So much crow to be eaten when WW drops. Valleys and valleys of salt rocks from millions of tears..

It will be glorious!

Ayyy. Let me know. 👀

Where you work at and can I get a hook up too?

I got word back... No dice on the discount lol. I asked about the GTX 1070 and 1060, and going by message I got, they know it's not for work and it's not boss asking for those things. I'm going to inquire further.

You already got half the BCT beat

In my case, you're not wrong. I am going to be terrible... Hehe

Sch1sm

I got word back... No dice on the discount lol. I asked about the GTX 1070 and 1060, and going by message I got, they know it's not for work and it's not boss asking for those things. I'm going to inquire further.

Was worth the shot. Hope your boss does you a solid, at least. Would be nice.

So much about Canadians being nice.

It ain't nothing but love, Slay. I respect you.

---

What do you guys do when you're just tired? I'm not talking the kind where a good night's rest will fix it, either. The sort where your responsibilities are exhausting, and just giving you a headache.

I've gotta change things with stuff I learned today, and it's been OD frustrating, but I'm rolling with the punches and altering course to accommodate issues. Hopefully it alleviates that fatigue.
It might just be "senioritis" hitting me, but hey.

Slayven

---

What do you guys do when you're just tired? I'm not talking the kind where a good night's rest will fix it, either. The sort where your responsibilities are exhausting, and just giving you a headache.

I've gotta change things with stuff I learned today, and it's been OD frustrating, but I'm rolling with the punches and altering course to accommodate issues. Hopefully it alleviates that fatigue.

Take a day or 2, unplug from everything and just do you.

You got 100% win rate if you never fight
full

Hey can't help if BCT doesn't play real games

Slayven

Nothing but love.
Y'all need to add me to your PSN. Just don't judge me on what I like to play.

Just tried to send you a friend request but said i couldn't

Yeah, I haven't properly done that in ages. I'll try at it.

What's your PSNID? Mine's Upinzani. Send a request.

Mental health days are important

---

Meditate, yoga, hiking. Separate myself from the world and leave enough time for you to organize your thoughts.
Last time I really burned out and everything became overwhelming to the point where I didn't believe I could achieve what I have (Final year of graduate school I semi ran away) and decided I needed to climb a mountain. So I did that. I went to the highest elevation I could on foot and cleansed my soul.
Everyone does things differently, but that's how I handle(d) things.

Y'all need to add me to your PSN. Just don't judge me on what I like to play.
I don't pay attention to what anyone plays, but mine is RebilInArms. I'll send you an addy. Anyone else that doesn't have me yet can add me as well if they like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom