• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Skittles

For dinner tonight i'm making a medium-rare KC strip with thick cuts fries that seasoned with a blend of pepper, salt, paprika, cayenne, oregano, garlic, onion, and then topped with shredded Parmesan after they've been in the oven

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://deadspin.com/lou-holtz-i-basically-know-what-its-like-to-be-a-black-1818826822

During my nightly viewing of Fox News, a familiar nasally, barely comprehensible voice called out from the abyss, mumbling, I have opinions about black people protesting!

Yes, it was Lou Holtz, the retired college football coach and former ESPN analyst. And like too many straight white men, Holtz wanted us all to know, Hey, I’m a victim too. Here he is talking about the NFL’s national anthem demonstrations:

There’s an awful lot of things that happen in this country, but I want you to know, I’ve been unfairly ticketed. I was given a ticket when I didn’t exceed the speed limit, because I was coaching at one school, and the patrol officer graduated from the other, and he let me know he was bitter about this. That happens in life.

After talking about his perceived unjust experience at the hands of the police—which, it should be noted, ended in a fine and not his death—Holtz goes on to inexplicably claim that he doesn’t know what NFL players are protesting.

“I never see anybody on TV. I never see anybody on Twitter. I don’t see anybody doing an interview and saying, ‘This is the reason I am upset.’”

ZXsyNyg.png

Some people are finally seeing Colin for the peice of shit he is and retracting their defense of him. And my god that post in the OT is embarrassing.

Man, just had the most intense battle Royale of my life. Made it to the final five with my ramshackle base along with others who had the same idea. We just played potshots until the storm eye got smaller, as well as the players, then shit got intense for me.

Had one guy trying to sneak up on me, we duked it out but I got the final say, healed up and ran to a lone wooden wall that I made into a quick fort. So it was just me and another player. The other guy was throwing grenades to break down my wall, but while he threw a grenades, I rushed outside and opened fire...and....and I finally got it.

I finally got:

giphy.gif

Most satisfying feeling in my life.

Malyse

Regarding the NFL protests, just wondering historically, has a majority of white people ever been on the right side of history over Black Civil Rights?

I mean, the country in like 70 something percent white. Nothing happens without the majority of white people explicitly or implicitly supporting it.

Regarding the NFL protests, just wondering historically, has a majority of white people ever been on the right side of history over Black Civil Rights?

Pre United States, Bacon's Rebellion. 1676.

Want to know why free blacks and whites, slave and indentured revolted? Hint: ironic racial Strife of a different kind.

They wanted to kill Native Americans for their land. The powers-that-be wanted to keep the peace because their relationship with the Indians was highly profitable in trade. Also, no better way to piss off neighboring neutral tribes than to wipe out another, even if they are enemies. Pre-America is still wild and unpredictable.

Imagine how this Rock My World. I'm looking for the vestiges of black white Unity and it is found in the destruction of another race.

Once the powers-that-be realized that free, poor blacks and whites United was a formidable force to be reckoned with, the ideology of white supremacy-- that the poorest trashiest white person was inherently better and the richest, most beautiful, most intelligent, black person on Earth-- it has been a wrap ever since.

Bacon's Rebellion was the launch point of my dissertation as I was searching for historical clues of your very question: was there a time in United States history when black and white people were overwhelmingly United? As you can see, Bacon's Rebellion was 100 years before the Revolutionary War.

Coates " America's first White president" actually hits on this briefly. But he writes more like a memoirist than a historian.

I hate posters who always defend or downplay white supremacy. For some reason I was thinking he could be black the Damn avatar is likely just a half ass attempt at posing to be black or being down with black peoples.

Still
coondrick.jpg

LotusHD

Banned
Tomorrow, the GOTG, Golf Story, will finally come out.
Nah but really, hope it's good, been interested in it for awhile now.

Faustek

Evening kin.

Why do white gals like black man frecks so much?

The Unicorn status.

Stupid.

--

Call me about Marvel when the roster doesn't look that damn boring. Preferably before DBZF.

--

About Hockey. PK Subban really needs to step up as well. He can't hide. Especially not after this summer. Heck he should have said something earlier especially after he was called a clown for dancing and the racist shit on twitter started.

Top Bottom