• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

You're probably ugly as THEE fuck.

quinto_reaction.gif

Heh I realized I never filled out my "application"

Where you're from-Military Brat but born in Compton California
Where you live- Currently, Columbia SC. A few months? Kuwait
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- African American, Filipino. My mom's side has native American ties, but that died out a while back lol. My father's side is a bit more mixed going farther back in the family tree, but most recently just Filipinos and African Americans. I will say my mother's genes are dominate as the fuck though. I am by far the darkest of my family on my father's side without question.
Do you know your roots?- For the most part (I am assuming this is regards to our forefathers who fought for our rights, and leaders who helped paved the way for us...yeah my mom made me read those Black Americans of Achievement books by Chelsea House Publishing ad nauseam as a child...best thing she ever made me do).
Your Age- 25
Favorite musical genre- I honestly don't have a favorite, according to iTunes I have 264GB, 46,8755 songs. All on an external paritioned by major genre (yeah...I'm crazy like that)
Your profession/major/career interest- I have my Bachelor's in Computer Science minoring in Graphic Design and Psychology
Your religious affiliation- Honestly...agnostic borderline atheist. I just really don't care about that sort of stuff.
Hobbies- Drawing, Videogames, Music Production, Sneaker Collecting, Cars, Fashion.

Do you feel ostracized as a black nerd/dork? Not really, funny thing is I pretty much get along with everyone despite being a black nerd. I don't try to hide it or downplay it. I am what I am. Thought it has caused awkwardness with women once in a while, but thankfully I'm diverse enough in interests that it usually doesn't stop anything from happening. I think the entire premise of being labeled a "nerd" just because your hobbies and interest extend past what most people would consider "black" is just ignorant and woefully pathetic. The fact people expect races to act and like certain things and anyone who deviates from that is labeled as "nerd, white washed, etc." Is honestly something our society needs to get past. As I stated earlier, thankfully everyone I've encountered has yet to give me any of these labels; but I chalk this up to were I was born and at times raised mixed with the fact that I can relate to people from all walks of life.

FreeMufasa

Hahah there have been a few times girls have picked me up. Let's go:

1)Walked into a club and i see a girl look at me like she wanted to damn near rape me. She would have blown me int he middle of the dancefloor if that shit was not too grimey for me. Would have banged her in the toilet if the guy didn't kick us out before we got in

2) a random girl went up to me with her friend and said in front of me and my two friends "How do you say this? I have lost my phone number can i have yours?"

3) Girl kept nudging me on the bus and i got to talking with her and later her friends. She later blew me that night and if it was not for the life of me, to her annoyance, that i could not cum she would have swallowed

4) A not very cute girl kept talking to me in a club, i said to her that i was only looking for sex and she was like "ok that's cool". I fucked her a few days later and a few more times after that out of sheer novelty. I felt like such a slut and i was upset with myself for that one.

@ 4, I always feel a little sad now when you see a girl that desperate. I try to avoid but make her feel good about herself.

I'm starting to move away from club hook ups. I'm just getting tired of it and all the effort it requires in prep. Then there's all the twitchy dudes bunched up in a crowded space leading to so much aggro. I prefer just meeting girls randomly on the street, events or in qeues now. I'll still check the club once in a while.

Also have you finally made plans for today Bleep?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
A necklace. Like a simp.

I got plenty of girls jocking and ready to show out but I get stuck on people sometimes. I know when I'm simping so its not like it hurts me.

Happy Birthday!!

thanks brahs. I'll be with cute 4 single lady-friends tonight, so it should be fun times.

One thing about birthdays on holidays: people don't really forget. And the benefit of today is that there are so many ladies who want to have something fun to do because they're single...so why not hang with the birthday boy? Right. One time I had a birthday set at Friday's back in college...and it was me (the only guy) and 9 attractive ladies. half of which were either exes or wanted to be with the kid. We had a blast and I can't lie: I felt like The Godfather or some shit. Kiss the ring. lol

Bleepey

@ 4, I always feel a little sad now when you see a girl that desperate. I try to avoid but make her feel good about herself.

I'm starting to move away from club hook ups. I'm just getting tired of it and all the effort it requires in prep. Then there's all the twitchy dudes bunched up in a crowded space leading to so much aggro. I prefer just meeting girls randomly on the street, events or in qeues now. I'll still check the club once in a while.

Also have you finally made plans for today Bleep?

I did fuck all. Lol I should have gone to Central London and just prowled but i stayed in bed all day and did nothing. I am pretty upset at how much of a waste today was and not cos i didn't chase women but because i didn't study.

DY_nasty

I feel a lot better after going to work today and seeing a dude simp 3 times harder than me.

Dude came in to bring this girl flowers and a teddy bear. And that's cool - but let me put this in perspective... dude lead off with "I see you as a friend, and I like you as a friend - but I just want you to have these as a friend :3"

It was so apparent that he wasn't even going to touch it. Not even look at it.

I felt bad for dude - then I felt good because my shit was nowhere remotely close to that

I feel a lot better after going to work today and seeing a dude simp 3 times harder than me.

Dude came in to bring this girl flowers and a teddy bear. And that's cool - but let me put this in perspective... dude lead off with "I see you as a friend, and I like you as a friend - but I just want you to have these as a friend :3"

5LSgN.gif

DY_nasty

If only someone had, at the end, fake whispered "...with benefits."

Its crazy

this dude was driving in Iraq and essentially rear-ended the vehicle in front of his two miles to safety saving 3 guys lives probably - and he has no fucking clue how to get pussy with that

Just remember I've posted/lurked in this thread for a while without filling out the OP questionnaire thing. Usually because I was too lazy too. Anyway, I've got readings to do for a class...so I figured now was as good a time as ever to fill it out

Where you're from Maryland. Born in Baltimore, although raised elsewhere
Where you live Princeton, NJ
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Uhh, mom's Nigerian. Dad's from Cameroon...I'm a bit pissed both parents know english and igbo, he knows french, and I only know english
Do you know your roots? As in...?
Your Age 22
Favorite musical genre Rap, although I do like pop rock as well
Your profession/major/career interest Computer Science!
Your religious affiliation Christian. Although I went to Catholic Church when I was little cuz of my dad
Hobbies Drawing, videogames, soccer, used to row

Do you feel ostracized as a black nerd/dork? Charles Barkley once said that "there's nothing sadder than a black nerd". What do you think about those words, and while we're on the issue, what is gaf's opinion on the whole "act white" thing?

Well first of all, Charles Barkley says dumb shit habitually, so I'm not even gonna take offense to a comment from him. Anyway, I don't have a problem being a black nerd. I've heard the "You're the least black person ever" and stuff. Partially cuz I'm not the stereotypical thug, partially cuz I'm light skinned but, ironically it was from non-black people. I've really not had too much trouble with other black people. Even back in HS, when I go into MIT, the other black kids I knew were more excited by it than I was! I'm not sure what GAFs opinion on it is. I feel there are enough black people that it doesn't really get said too much

Slayven

Are the NBA and NFL so dominated by blacks that Tebows and Lins are needed to generate new interest?

I don't follow sports but I have seen Jim Rome like 5 times.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
A necklace. Like a simp.

I got plenty of girls jocking and ready to show out but I get stuck on people sometimes. I know when I'm simping so its not like it hurts me.

I got sooooo many simp stories and they mostly come from the Armed Forces here in Japan.. Japanese dudes do it like bosses on V-day at least

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Are the NBA and NFL so dominated by blacks that Tebows and Lins are needed to generate new interest?

the NBA needs to hit a wider scope.. NFL has a fair balance.. it actually needs to be the other way around. The NFL needs a dominate Asian and the NBA needs a dominate US Caucasian

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

It was so apparent that he wasn't even going to touch it. Not even look at it.

I felt bad for dude - then I felt good because my shit was nowhere remotely close to that
Fucking.... Woooooooow. That is somw self defeating mess right there.

$hawty

Banned

Tebow was a bonus for the NFL. They didn't need him.

I think a big reason the NFL is thriving is because the media has ingrained in most of us that the QB is the most important position. Not a football expert so I'm not going to argue that stance, but I know it is definitely the most glamorized position in the game and is unquestionably dominated by white dudes. If black dudes ran the QB position, ratings would be significantly lower.

Tribalism for that ass. Black dominance of the NBA is why you see so much resentment for the league from the populous.

Top Bottom