• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The brother of a top college basketball recruit ratted him out for accepting gifts

BVbv7ZY.jpg

What a petty, jealous, and salty brother.

Leynos

I don't know the first thing about basketball, or college sports, but if the rules were broken, then the rules were broken. It does not matter that the brother was envious, or not.

I don't know the first thing about basketball, or college sports, but if the rules were broken, then the rules were broken. It does not matter that the brother was envious, or not.

You act like the jealous brother is an unbiased source. I wouldn't even investigate the allegations. Pretty clear just doing it to try and fuck him over.

Prolly got cutoff for being a scumbag.

Slayven

Fuck the NCAA rules, everyone can profit but the athetlics.

And the brother just won Fuckboy of the year award.

How salty do you have to do to fuck over your brother?

LionPride

Banned
There's a reason people think the NCAA rules are fucking stupid

TraBuch

Banned
You act like the jealous brother is an unbiased source. I wouldn't even investigate the allegations. Pretty clear just doing it to try and fuck him over.

Prolly got cutoff for being a scumbag.
There's really no proof either way, but there were indeed some suspicious things happening during his recruitment. This dude that allegedly gave him all this stuff is a big time Michigan guy and near the end of Bamba's recruitment, he randomly decided to take an official visit to Michigan despite the fact that the school hadn't been in contact with him in over a year. It's also true that his brother was pushed out a while back and a lot of schools stopped recruiting him after the lead guy in the recruitment changed, wouldn't make much sense for those schools to stop recruiting him unless the new guy was shady and doing things that could come back and bite those schools in the ass.

LionPride

Banned
Then they need to be changed. But if you choose to be part of the system, you play by the rules as they are.
When everyone but the player gets paid in a multi billion dollar industry

Fuck the rules honestly. If I'm going to a school to play a game and it's damn near impossible for me to make money because of my schedule, imma take some gifts.

Amateur athletics is fucking bullshit.

Verelios

Man, fuck that guy. This is disgusting on a lot of levels and will just make him cut his family off completely when he makes it.

Dynomutt

Good news:

Texas Commit Mohamed Bamba Cleared To Play By NCAA Despite Brother's Smear Campaign

Two weeks ago, Ibrahim Johnson, the older brother of five-star Texas basketball commit Mohamed Bamba, brashly played his hand, releasing a 22-minute rant that seemingly trashed Bamba's reputation and jeopardized his college eligibility. While entertaining, the effort turned out to be as fruitless as his prior attempt to become his brother's agent, as the NCAA announced Tuesday that Bamba is clear to play for the Longhorns.

http://deadspin.com/texas-commit-mohamed-bamba-cleared-to-play-by-ncaa-desp-1796825507

Hilarious:

As for his brother, considering the burned bridge between him and his first potential NBA client and his pretty-much-guaranteed lifetime ban from future Thanksgivings at Bamba's estate, it seems likely that Johnson will pursue a different field of employment moving forward.

We called it lol:

Thanksgiving is gonna be awkward for the Bamba family this year.
He'd probably still get invited but he better sit his ass at the little kids table.

Maybe he'll still let his bro fetch him water.

McLovin

Seems really petty on the brothers side. Don't think I could trust someone like that to be telling the truth.
Although it probably is.

Alienous

Good on the talented brother but if I were him I'd get a restraining order, or something.

Jealous brother is going to stab his superior sibling in the shins the first chance he gets.

lush

Lol at posts talking about the ethics of receiving gifts and the NCAA.

Good that he's still cleared to play. Little brother comes away looking like a petty piece of garbage.

Kind of funny that people are focusing on the snitch part, and ignoring that accepting gifts is still unethical.

two billion dollar entities (the NCAA and NBA) colluding to prevent 18 year olds from using their skills to earn a living is what's unethical. Taking gifts and breaking NCAA rules is absolutely defensible.

Top Bottom