• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bungie Documentary (1991 to Present)

Bullet Club

Bungie is by far one of the most interesting studios in the gaming industry. I may be bias since I grew up playing their games, but you can't deny their track record. It's impressive where they've gotten to today. As for this doc, it was a long grueling process pulling many all nighters of editing, and second guessing my self within the script. Even the release of this was done by me editing the last 4th within the 11th hour. But for those of you who stuck it out with me; thank you! Your support kept me going until this day! Hopefully we can get Bungie to see this doc, especially for Bungie day today!

VertigoOA

Banned
Bungie is big enough and rich enough to self publish now, right?

Employs around 700 and is currently publishing destiny 2 moving forward.

The question was if they could publish D2 themselves with whatever deal they made leaving the Activision agreement or be forced to move onto a destiny 3 with the ip.

It would be nice to see Marty come back now since Activision is out but that’s not happening

Last edited:
Has it got all the juicy details on Destiny 1 with Staten leaving etc? or is it just washed over?

Edit: I was hoping it was official NoClip :'( will watch later though.

It would be nice to see Marty come back now since Activision is out but that’s not happening
I do not think Activision had any hand in Staten or Marty, not everything can be blamed on Activision all the time, Bungie themselves are not innocent.
He's still on the board and i do not think he'd ever work for them again, he's there for his royalties and nothing else.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Oni is still the best Bungie game. I'd really want a remake of that.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Has it got all the juicy details on Destiny 1 with Staten leaving etc? or is it just washed over?

Edit: I was hoping it was official NoClip :'( will watch later though.

I do not think Activision had any hand in Staten or Marty, not everything can be blamed on Activision all the time, Bungie themselves are not innocent.
He's still on the board and i do not think he'd ever work for them again, he's there for his royalties and nothing else.

O’donnel started going sour when Activision started giving them realistic options in addition to not giving his music of spheres album any time of day. I don’t blame Activision for anything ... I’ve always loved the game and it took a lot to make it what it is. And what destiny is becoming, much of it still comes from what was initially conceptualized, from uldren being a guardian to concept of players being the bad guys (its where they’re going).

He got his payout in the end. His creative influence, aside from the music is what’s missed.

I don’t mind that’s he’s gone musically. It was a surprise when D2 launched with an impressive score... best part of vanilla 2. Later musical pieces are a bit meh. They’re overdoing it with the percussion driven war beats lately.

Last edited:
This made me want to get back into Destiny 2 again after I dropped off in less than a month after launch cuz it was boring and most of the QoL upgrades from Destiny 1 were completely missing.

Top Bottom