• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Canadian PS3 EBGames Preorder Thread

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Pseudo judo said:
Rear projection?

possibly, i'm torn between the sony 60" (1080p) and a panasonic 55" LCD flat 1080p as well, i'm still shopping around (prices will drop by november too..) - but i want big, and I want 1080p... it'll be up in the 3500-4500 range... hopefully a 2k ebay sale (if i'm lucky!) will help fund that..

You'll need to sell 2-3 ps3's for that. The early and late bidding will be high but things will level off once the rush of sellers throw up there auctions on Nov 17th. You also have to subtract the cost of the original purchase and with our fabulous taxes a Premium PS3 is costing you $750. Even if you can sell it for $1,800 american you still will only come out with half of what you seem to be hoping for, but still...that's a sh!t load of money for the amount of effort required.

rastex

Banned
I have a very strong feeling that somewhere in the neighbourhood of %50 of launch PS3s are going to be put on eBay, and as a result prices won't go that far beyond retail.

DrEvil

Well, I'm not banking on the ps3 PAYING for my entire TV.. I mean, I am employed, I can afford it now; I'd just love a chunk taken out fairly easily, ya know?

I am getting two; likely one to keep, one to ebay; if pricesare insane, I'll ebay them both.

And Yeah, I know the original cost has to be factored into the "profit margin" but again, it's all going towards the TV anyways. I'm hoping to see $2000 in the auctions... if not, i'll be fine, as it's more money than I had in the first place anyways.

I'm not doing this to make 10k or anything.

neptunes

rastex said:
I have a very strong feeling that somewhere in the neighbourhood of %50 of launch PS3s are going to be put on eBay, and as a result prices won't go that far beyond retail.
which kinda isn't fair, but oh well....

rastex said:
That would imply that damand was equal to supply and that's not going to happen. On adverage I'd guess that they'd sell for between $300-500 above retail price.

Oneself

Ok guys, a good and not so good news at the same time.

The Good: Yes, we'll be able to pre-order a PS3 and a Wii in Canada
The Bad: Confirmation within the next 2 weeks...

I guess we'll probably know about it next week but they told me "within the next 2 weeks" just to be sure. It's coming straight from their DM by the way, it's no BS.

Usually Wal Marts and Zellers don't do pre-orders...

They're doing pre-orders on the wii(zellers), but it's a huge bundle(2 games need to be included). So I ain't touchin it.

rs7k

I heard Toysrus in Canada was doing preorders, but why just them? It makes me think they're not really serious about the launch.

dankir

rs7k said:
I heard Toysrus in Canada was doing preorders, but why just them? It makes me think they're not really serious about the launch.

They were, I preordered back in June and i'm 10 on the list at my Toys R Us. So I think i'll be getting at least one PS3 on launch, im gonna camp out and try to get some more for Ebay.

EGM92

neptunes said:
I really like the EBGames at Square One, it looks really nice, matter of fact, the whole mall looks really nice,

edit: isn't there 2 ebgames in square one?

I just passed by the Square One location and no preorders for PS3/Wii there was a sign on the counter that one of the managers I've never seen before put there. There's only one EB in SQ1 but it's huge, the entire mall is huge and it's very nice in there but the huge crowds of teenyboppers is a real problem.

dankir said:
They were, I preordered back in June and i'm 10 on the list at my Toys R Us. So I think i'll be getting at least one PS3 on launch, im gonna camp out and try to get some more for Ebay.

Aren't you scared they won't have enough ps3's to supply the Pre-orders they took?

-Rogue5-

rs7k said:
I'll start

Barrie, ON - No preorders ever, wouldn't surprise me since it's a really small outlet and the employees are probably gonna grab what there is.

I'm calling more stores in the area and will post about them

I just called the one in Collingwood, they say there is something coming soon in regards to PS3 preorders, and to check back in a few days.

I checked Collingwood and the EB in Eaton Centre... both said nada.

This blows.

-Rogue5- said:
I checked Collingwood and the EB in Eaton Centre... both said nada.

This blows.

The ones that there won't be any pre-orders are bullshitting you.

Hell there's info about pre-orders on eb's playstation 3 page.

-Rogue5-

The Bookerman said:
The ones that there won't be any pre-orders are bullshitting you.
Hell there's info about pre-orders on eb's playstation 3 page.

I don't doubt that there will be pre-orders, we just won't have any kind of warning... meaning that it'll be incredibly hard to be one of the first 5 or 10 people on the list (whereas this morning I would probably the first or second person to call.)

Also, there site is American and it's confirmed that preorders were taken today in the US.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
-Rogue5- said:
I don't doubt that there will be pre-orders, we just won't have any kind of warning... meaning that it'll be incredibly hard to be one of the first 5 or 10 people on the list (whereas this morning I would probably the first or second person to call.)

Also, there site is American and it's confirmed that preorders were taken today in the US.

EB Games Website said:
Information regarding the launch date of our Canadian in-store pre-order will be posted when available.

So it looks like it'll be posted as The Bookerman stated earlier.

dankir

The Bookerman said:
Aren't you scared they won't have enough ps3's to supply the Pre-orders they took?

Scared that I dont get a PS3?? I'm a hardcore gamer, but big whoop its just a game console. I have a 360 already I have a Wii Pre Ordered at Toys R Us as well. By the way all the Toys R Us pre orders are bundles. So for the Wii and PS3 I have to buy the system and 2 games and an extra controller all at regular price. If anything i'll just save money if i dont get one.

Stench

Banned
Yeah, I just called some EBs, they all gave me bogus answers.

All of them seemed rather irritated when I posed the question.

phez

Banned
EB employees will always sound irritated, because you're probably one amongst hundreds who've also called in to see if preorder is available :)

it isn't the most fun job when you're on the phone all day saying 'sorry, no ps3s'

Stench said:
Yeah, I just called some EBs, they all gave me bogus answers.

All of them seemed rather irritated when I posed the question.

:lol Apparently the phones have not stopped ringing all day with the same question....

thats why thay make the big bucks, Iguess ;)

Stench

Banned
I found it rather amusing. :lol

Those poor people...

Although there is this one girl who's a total biotch, and she deserves to be pissed off over all of this. But the others receive my sympathy.

Stench said:
I found it rather amusing. :lol

Those poor people...

Although there is this one girl who's a total biotch, and she deserves to be pissed off over all of this. But the others receive my sympathy.

I worked there for 2 and a half years..no sympathy from me ;)

DrEvil

FYI there was info on todays conf call.

I dont know what it was tho.

Apparently the eb superstore's allocation is 4 systems, however.

rumours of only ~500 for canada @ eb.

DrEvil said:
FYI there was info on todays conf call.

I dont know what it was tho.

Apparently the eb superstore's allocation is 4 systems, however.

rumours of only ~500 for canada @ eb.

The conference call was not nationwide however...but 500 sounds a bit low?

why in the blue doesn't EB Canada still doesn`t have a Canadian web-site? online shopping from EBgame.com is pointless due to ass-tronomical shipping fees and custom poop

Oneself

Good news no.2

We might get some news as soon as friday.:D

The Bookerman said:
So guys what model will you pick up?

60 gb for me. 100% sure
A memory card adapter
Resistance
Ridge Racer 7
(maybe a second controller)

Maybe a few more games but I'll decide once launch games are announced. Maybe you guys will be interested in this: This week-end at EB (Canada), trade 3 games and get any game of your choice (69.99$ or less). These games must give you 8$ or more individually and you'll be able to put it all on a pre-order.

So, for RR6+Full Auto+Tomb Raider I'll get RR7
PGR3+Kameo+NFS:MW = Resistance
etc. etc. !!!

rastex

Banned
Pseudo judo said:
That would imply that damand was equal to supply and that's not going to happen. On adverage I'd guess that they'd sell for between $300-500 above retail price.

Well it seems that demand is very elastic, so as you move up the price curve, demand will go down dramatically. Or maybe it's inelastic... but I think you know what I'm talking about.

-60GB pack for me, I thought alot about the 20GB for a while but I am afraid about missing out storaage space down the road, so I will pick the 60GB just for the extra 40GB space

-USB Mem Card reader for the PS2 mem cards
-Sonic The Hedgehog
-Ridge Racer 7
-Genji II

I will only buy an 2nd controller when VF5 comes out in Spring. No point in buying a 2nd controller for single player games, and looks like 75% of my PS3 games that I want are single player

Victoria, BC. Well, I was in my local EB today, asked the ASM (who I know) what he knew, unfourtinatly, nothing. I also know the manager, but he wasnt in.

I added my e-mail to the EBgames.com list. On a side note, I agree with the posted to mentioned it's BS that there isnt a Canadian EB site by now.

The manager has said he'll hook my up with one, but I still want to make sure by pre-ordering.

Also.

DrEvil said:
possibly, i'm torn between the sony 60" (1080p) and a panasonic 55" LCD flat 1080p as well, i'm still shopping around (prices will drop by november too..) - but i want big, and I want 1080p... it'll be up in the 3500-4500 range... hopefully a 2k ebay sale (if i'm lucky!) will help fund that..

Screw you man. I am also planning on buying a new TV in Nov. Sony's new 52" Bravia, and it more pricy than the 60" your considering, but I still cant bring myself to screw someone else over like that, by denying them the chance at getting a PS3 they will want to play.

M3Freak

Banned
EGM92 said:
I just passed by the Square One location and no preorders for PS3/Wii there was a sign on the counter that one of the managers I've never seen before put there. There's only one EB in SQ1 but it's huge, the entire mall is huge and it's very nice in there but the huge crowds of teenyboppers is a real problem.

The Square One EB is small - it's defintely NOT huge. Proof? Check out the EG Games in Brampton near Queen and Airport. More proof? Drop by the EB Games in the Heartland Centre (or whatever it's called) near Mavis and Burnhamthorpe (I think that's the intersection).

DrEvil

It's not EBGames, but my Local Toys R Us (London, Ontario) is getting 39 PS3s for launch. I'm in the top 5 on the list, so I'm guaranteed one there (pre-ordered in february)... But it seems TRU is getting a massive amount of allocation, as they're confident they'll be able to satisfy all pre-orders..

d

slade

M3Freak said:
The Square One EB is small - it's defintely NOT huge. Proof? Check out the EG Games in Brampton near Queen and Airport. More proof? Drop by the EB Games in the Heartland Centre (or whatever it's called) near Mavis and Burnhamthorpe (I think that's the intersection).

The Heartland EB is at the Mavis and Britannia intersection.

BTW, has anyone checked the smaller chains like the Videogamesplus outlet in the Central Parkway Mall, We Got Games in Shoppers World or GameNow over on Winston Churchill and Laird drive?

Pachinko

I have not intention of buying one but I asked out of curiosity yesterday while preording doax2, the manager of that store mentioned the 21st/22nd as possible dates but he wasn't 100% sure. I guess that would work better for all involved as that is a weekend.

LevelNth

Banned
slade said:
BTW, has anyone checked the smaller chains like the Videogamesplus outlet in the Central Parkway Mall, We Got Games in Shoppers World or GameNow over on Winston Churchill and Laird drive?
I spoke to the manager a couple weeks back, said he wasn't too confident he'll get many, if any. They only got a handful of 360's from launch til January.

I'm likely going to line up at either Future Shop or Best Buy, as I'm going to snag a warranty as well, and both of their's are quite good, and both of those are guaranteed to get some of the biggest allocations in the country. My brother is a good friend of the Head of Distribution for PlayStation in Canada too, and I'm hoping she'll hook me up with some store allocation numbers later this month.

Stench

Banned
LevelNth said:
My brother is a good friend of the Head of Distribution for PlayStation in Canada too, and I'm hoping she'll hook me up with some store allocation numbers later this month.
You will be a God amongst men if you manage to pull that off.

I would KILL for some of those numbers...

mackaveli

i know this is the ebgames preorder thread but i have one question related to it and one question sort of off topic but i'll post it here since its related to ps3 and Canada

1) For ebgames do you think preorders will be just Cash Down or you will have to sell games and get credit??

2) Are futureshop or bestbuy taking preorders or do we have to camp out outside.

Thanks

mackaveli said:
i know this is the ebgames preorder thread but i have one question related to it and one question sort of off topic but i'll post it here since its related to ps3 and Canada

1) For ebgames do you think preorders will be just Cash Down or you will have to sell games and get credit??

2) Are futureshop or bestbuy taking preorders or do we have to camp out outside.

Thanks

1) Dunno yet

2)Camp out... it'll probably end up just like the 360 launch.

Dahbomb

Link.

EB Games Canada said:
Limited Playstation 3 and Wii Pre-order for Canada

EB Games Canada stores will begin accepting limited pre-orders for the PlayStation 3 and Wii consoles on Monday, October 16, on a first come, first served basis. Due to extremely limited supply, we expect to reach our limit very quickly, most likely in minutes. We will not accept additional pre-orders at that time. To avoid an unnecessary trip we strongly recommend you call your local store to determine availability. $50 CDN in trade or a $200 CDN cash/credit reservation deposit is required. As we cannot control production and shipping issues by the manufacturer, a reservation deposit does not guarantee receipt of a system available to purchase at launch. Reservations/Purchases are limited to 1 per household.

PS3 and Wii pre-orders on the SAME DAY? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Question: Does 50 credit on my edge card count as 50 credit, or does that mean I have to bring in 50 worth of games? I know its noobspeak but I haven't tried before.

Bout damn time, now DONT spread the word!

Top Bottom