• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The coolest game intros

kevm3

Post the best game intros in this thread. Here are some of my most memorable ones

Megaman 2

Final Fantasy 6

Super Street Fighter

Chrono Trigger

Shinobi 3

Last edited:

Zoidbe

Neo Member
How has no-one said The Last Of Us, that game's intro was the first and only game experience to make me literally shed a tear!

Last edited:

Shotpun

Red Alert 2 intro is pretty awesome and Ron Perlman's "War. War never changes" intros for Fallout 1&2 are atmospheric as hell, but I have to pick FreeSpace 2 intro as my favorite:

Helios

I hope these count.
Blizzard always had the best CGI around. I know a lot of people who wanted to play as a Dwarf Hunter because of the cinematic

WaterAstro

Well, everyone linking oldies, gotta link mines too.

Always love Zhao Yun vs the army

Best CG from From Software

No game or racing game has ever been able to achieve these graphics yet

Kadayi

Banned
I wouldn't say it's the coolest and I didn't necessarily like the game, but I thought the Intro to GTA IV was well done: -

GC_DALBEN

Theres so many, i really like bad ass intros, but the one i love is this generation is ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST, the first 10 minutes are awesome.

ZehDon

Gold Member
DOOM

Rarely does an intro capture so much so effortlessly about the game to come. And that shotgun cocking to finish is pitch perfect.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
OP already mentioned it but when I saw this in the arcade I was amazed.

422.gif

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
System Shock I. has the best hacking intro ever made. Music by the awesome: Grep LoPiccolo and Tim Reis

For all you noobie kids out there, literally the coolest opening ever. Cool Spot on the SNES in the 1990s. His name was cool, surf music is cool, surfing is cool, the beach is cool, sunglasses are cool, sugary drinks are cool, the game was cool. Literally the coolest game.

God I'm so not cool anymore. Must play Skyrim to get coolness back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom