• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew optimised for 30 FPS on PC, Can be unlocked but only to 60 FPS

Kayant

SeemsLegit.jpg said:
30 fps lock on PC... what the ****.
You can unlock it to 60 in C:\Users\<user>\Documents\The Crew\PCScalability.xml, but no higher, setting 120 or 144 in there just changes back to 60, tried with read-only, no effect.

Steering has a delay, impossible to drive properly (x360 controller and keyboard).

Every time you run the game, your primary microphone gets forced to 30%... genius.

Which is more important ubisoft? Users or time, instead of making a game for ****ty consoles and then porting it to PC in a ****ty way, just make a proper PC version. You'll get lots more (happy) users, but it'll take you more time.

Fix your ****

Ubisoft community manager reply -

The final game will run in 1080p with 30 frames per second on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, and will support up to 5760*1080p on PC for triple screen set-ups. Right now the team is focusing on providing an optimal experience for all players. You can unlock it in the file you've found, but it may affect the game's performances. Your call

Thread - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/911974-Disappointing?p=10184062&viewfull=1#post10184062

Via/Thanks to - http://games.on.net/2014/08/the-crew-set-to-30-fps-on-pc-but-wont-go-above-60-fps-if-unlocked/

Lock if old.

Edit -

EDIT: We can officially say that we're aiming for 60FPS on PC at launch. Our Beta build is still more performant at 30FPS, but you can expect to play at 60FPS on PC when the game is launched.

The final game will run in 1080p with 30 frames per second on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, and will support up to 5760*1080p on PC for triple screen set-ups. Right now the team is focusing on providing an optimal experience for all players. You can unlock it in the file you've found, but it may affect the game's performances. Your call

-Ubival

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/911974-Disappointing?p=10184062&viewfull=1#post10184062

Update 2 -

alright quick update:
The reason you could alter the FPS in the config file is because our team is actually working on getting 60FPS for PC. The reason why it hasn't been communicated before this is because we didn't want to make a promise we couldn't deliver on.
But read this correctly:

We are aiming at a 60 FPS on PC for the launch of the game and the actual Beta doesn&#8217;t represent the final game

So, I hope that helps?
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/911974-Disappointing?p=10188328&viewfull=1#post10188328

Thanks to MaLDo for heads up

Dany

Banned
I really dislike the grungy UI the game has. The game looks great but too much of it reminds me of Burnout Revenge.

vvise

I've been playing the beta locked to 30 and it's not that bad. I unlocked it to 60 but it caused my car and engine sounds to stutter so I switched it back.

I hear lots of people complaining but for me it's not a big deal. As long as it's solid 30 it's not a problem. The game itself is awesome, I can't believe how well an mmo style applies to a racer.

tci

I've been playing the beta locked to 30 and it's not that bad. I unlocked it to 60 but it caused my car and engine sounds to stutter so I switched it back.
Like the CM said, there will be performance issues.

And it's ALWAYS bad to have racing games locked to 30fps. And even locking the PC is once again a evidence that Ubisoft doesn't care about PC.

Xyber

I hear lots of people complaining but for me it's not a big deal. As long as it's solid 30 it's not a problem. The game itself is awesome, I can't believe how well an mmo style applies to a racer.

Forced to play a racing game at 30FPS even on PC is just wrong. Yes, you can unlock it to 60 in the ini-file, but you shouldn't even need to.

I wasn't going to buy it anyway after I tried the beta, shitty performance and driving just felt bad.

Jb

They really don't want their game to succed uh? Considering how plain it looks it's bizarre that it doesn't run at 60 even on consoles.

Grief.exe

iblwWktjDkxZum.gif

MaLDo

The Crew optimised for 30 FPS on PC, Can be unlocked but only to 60 FPS

The Crew optimised for 30 FPS on PC

optimised for 30 FPS

optimised

1403865774462.gif

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Locking a 3D game on PC to a specific frame rate has never made sense to me.

Just guarantees I won't get it unless it's an incredible game like Dark Souls, since I don't want to have to mess around with workarounds that may screw things up.

Yoday

Racing games being locked to 30fps seems to be a trend lately. The Crew is doing it, NFS Rivals did it, and I know NFS The Run did it. All of these racing games being locked to 30 when their respective publishers don't typically lock their games to 30fps makes me think it is gameplay related. Maybe they are simply tuning the handling of cars and the physics models to 30fps since that is their console target and allowing for a higher framerate could somehow break that. I don't know, but it can't all be a coincidence.

Either way I am perfectly fine with the game being 30fps as long as it is locked. I am running the game completely maxed out with 2xTXAA and getting a rock solid 30fps, so I'm happy enough with it.

iNvid02

tried the beta and it was alright, but stuff like this just makes me lose all interest. fuck 30fps racing games, especially on pc.

i really dislike this trend, nfs started doing it a few years ago out of the blue.

You can unlock it in the file you've found, but it may affect the game's performances. Your call

I read this as, "We don't really care, we'll just wait for a modder to come along and do our job for us."

Pretty sure this just means the physics is locked at 30 fps

There are plenty of other racing games to get coming up, so just skip this one if this bothers you so much.

Addnan

And that is another reason to add to my reasons of why this is a shit game and you shouldn't give them money for it.

Renzoku

Banned
The Crew was developed by amateurs for the PC platform. I confirm and understand.

P.S. Fuck you, Ubisoft.

I'm not support this shit with my money.

Hugstable

Banned
So many racing games at once o_O. Don't know if I'm gonna be picking up The Crew since I'm more of a Sim racer fan rather than Arcade or Battle Racer. Are they still going with the whole "Drive Across the Country" type thing in this game or did that get downgraded in any way? Haven't been following this game much.

Right now I'm looking more towards Project Cars for all my Racing Needs until I get a GT7

Gothos

I just played beta and if someone told me it was running 30fps instead of 60 I would just - *shrug*. Didn't see any difference, tbh, so I'm okay with it.

Denton

Forcing 30fps on a PC game should be punishable by law. Or forcing any framerate lock, really.
And BTW I find it fascinating how these companies can spend half a decade developing a game, only to destroy any goodwill before release due to bone headed stupidity.
I almost feel bad for them. Almost.

Another great reason to not get this. Fuck you Ubisoft. Funny how they said they're trying to treat PC games better, and then they lay this one on us...

LilJoka

Its actually kinda fun with a wheel.

In the game settings there is a setting for FPS cap, and its greyed out at 30, im assuming later on that this will have more options. But you can just unlock it to 60fps with a tweak in the config file.

Mr. Ubisoft, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Nzyme32

It's really quite simple - if they decide to do stuff like this and not support the platform at the most basic level, I will not purchase the games in question. I'm expecting similar for the new ubi kiev ports such as Assassin's Creed Unity and Far Cry 4, and if that is the case, I won't get them either

Their loss. I hope for every game that they do this, they see ever decreasing sales and eventually work out why. There is always hope for redemption to some extent. Capcom seems to have worked on getting Dead Rising 3 to a place that is sounding acceptable after people got angry at similar issues that they claimed could not be changed

Phinor

And BTW I find it fascinating how these companies can spend half a decade developing a game, only to destroy any goodwill before release due to bone headed stupidity.

I've often thought that as well. I mean if the game is developed for 30fps and everything is tied to that, offering last minute 60fps might be a problem, but often it's much simpler issue like not offering invert option for controls, locking FOV to unplayable levels or forcing mouse acceleration on. Years of work wasted because of a minor missing feature. And when a big studio releases mouse acceleration locked game, I always wonder if anyone on that studio ever launched the PC version. Surely most development teams (that develop PC games) have people who want invert on or off, or mouse acceleration on or off. Or someone who doesn't enjoy motion sickness. Surely?

Top Bottom