• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crystal Maze |OT| Will you restart the fans, please!

sammex

AzeF9EG.gif

I feel like this is appropriate once again.

sammex

Good to see a new game at last. Hope we get some more variety.

They're absolutely clueless. Hilarious how they're just ignoring Richard completely.

Alastor3

Im sure it's been asked and answered a lot but, should I jump right in the 2016 or 2017 season or will I found and enjoy the first crystal maze?

Cronen

Im sure it's been asked and answered a lot but, should I jump right in the 2016 or 2017 season or will I found and enjoy the first crystal maze?

It’s a game show, so I would say you can jump in at any point. There was only one episode in 2016, and it was a celebrity special. This new series is good fun, even if some of the games are repeated quite often.

I’m a bit behind but the yellow contestant nailed the maths memory quiz.

Yeah. Curious about whether he just made sense of it better or if they gave him more of a clue about what would be needed in there.

Dome spoilers:
Tandem skydive! A fabulous, disappointing prize :) I love this show.

Cronen

Yeah. Curious about whether he just made sense of it better or if they gave him more of a clue about what would be needed in there.

Dome spoilers:
Tandem skydive! A fabulous, disappointing prize :) I love this show.

I have to imagine so! He didn’t even think about it, just sailed through them all. Must have had a heads up beforehand.

Richard and his deadpan snark is so great.

Quite the entertaining episode. Richard's quips and sight gags were hilarious as usual.

Think I prefer this one to the nineties version just because of Richard Ayoade. Anyone see this tonight?

Quite the entertaining episode. Richard's quips and sight gags were hilarious as usual.

Think I prefer this one to the nineties version just because of Richard Ayoade. Anyone see this tonight?

Yep :) Fun episode. Good to see a few of the harder puzzles beaten again. Weird that people seem to be getting hung up on the trapdoor a lot in recent eps, in the crystal-on-a-ring industrial puzzle.

Think this might have been the first episode without a new game? I might be forgetting something, but I feel like that's right.

Still a shame about no knight/jarhead. Wonder if they'll be back at all this season during the public episodes.

Cronen

Just caught up on the episode now. Was another good one, and Richard continues to be a delight.

I think we may have seen all of the games now.

Oooof they fluked through the riddles, though nice for us to get another Jarhead. We're in complete repeats but because it's him I'm happy for it.

Bets on any team beating the tennis ball/dish game from Aztec by the end of the series?

For those with BBC1, Ayoade is on Have I Got News For You immediately after this. Probably worth a watch!

It's only sort of the end of the series. We're actually half way through the civilian eps but they appear to be splitting them up for broadcast.

Which means unfortunately when it comes back with new episodes, all the same games.

Top Bottom