• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The current status of Announced/Promised Vita ports

joe2187

Banned
This is not a port begging thread. This is a thread to discuss or discover the current status of games that were announced previously to be ported to the Vita console.

This is not a thread for begging, or demanding, simply information.

This is about games that have already been released on PS4/PC or other consoles and still have a Vita port as "coming soon". Not for future releases.

I know there are a lot of Vita fans that were excited for some of these games announcements only to hear little to no info ever since their initial announcement. Hopefully this thread will be able help us know which games are still coming and which have been canned or in limbo.

The current list of announced/promised ports: Will update the OP with more info.

-Banner Saga - Getting help from sony
-Volgarr the viking - Waiting on PEGI and certification
-Assault Android cactus - Still in development, may be a while
-Night Cry - still coming at a later date.
-Darkest Dungeon - Releases Sept 27, Cross Buy and Cross Save
-Pier Solar - cancelled
-Papers Please - Still in development
-Yattagerasu - Nicalis...
-Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities - Director's Cut - No Info
-Salt and Sanctuary - In development
-Action Henk - Having some difficulties
-Read Only Memories - Coming August 16th!
-VA-11-HALLA - porting dev waiting for source code
-Slain - No Info
-Chroma Squad - Small delay, still coming
-Heart Forth, Alicia - No Info
-Hyper Light Drifter - Fall release at the earliest
-Mercenary Kings - Still alive according to devs
-Broforce - Cancelled
-Children of Morta - No Info
-Grinsia - No Info
-Tales from the Borderlands - No info
-GunshipX - No Info
-Mighty No. 9 - Coming soon?
-Loud on Planet X - Indefinitely delayed
-Snapshot - Nothing conclusive
-Hand of Fate - Cancelled
-Dex - Later this year
-Elliot Quest - Cancelled

If anybody has any games that I missed please let me know.

CHC

Wow that makes things look very dire.... You've definitely forgotten some that actually have released.

Off the top of my head I can think of Axiom Verge, which by all accounts is quite a decent port.

Unless I'm misunderstanding and this is just to talk about the unreleased ones.

Reset

I'm pretty sure Broforce has been cancelled, and since Yatagarasu is being ported by Nicalis that game is probably never going to be released. So that's as good as dead too.

Takao

Banned
Bioshock Infinite?

That was never announced for Vita. What was announced was intended to be a strategy role-playing game similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. It never went into actual production.

Wow that makes things look very dire.... You've definitely forgotten some that actually have released.

Off the top of my head I can think of Axiom Verge, which by all accounts is quite a decent port.

That isn't an exhaustive list of content pending release on the platform. It's not even an exhaustive list of the MIA stuff!

joe2187

Banned

Unless I'm misunderstanding and this is just to talk about the unreleased ones.

Yeah, Axiom verge was released and it's done quite well. Very pleased with such a great game.

Lucas Pope confirmed that the Vita version is still being developed a week ago.

https://twitter.com/dukope/status/744024710191681536

Yes! updated the OP with the info. Thanks! this is what this thread is for.

Takao

Banned
Pier Solar was canceled? that's kinda disappointing

The devs pulled a scam. Claimed Sony wouldn't send a small team like their's Vita devkits because they were low on them ... except they announced Pier Solar's Vita port by taking a photo of a dev kit in their office.

hongcha

Including I am Setsuna on this list makes no sense for several reasons. First, you state:

This is about games that have already been released on PS4/PC or other consoles and still have a Vita port as "coming soon". Not for future releases.

I am Setsuna has not been released on the PS4 yet (outside of Japan). If we are talking about Japan, then both PS4 and Vita versions were released on the same day. So a Vita port already exists.

Lastly, an English Vita version was never "announced" or "promised".

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
The devs pulled a scam. Claimed Sony wouldn't send a small team like their's Vita devkits because they were low on them ... except they announced Pier Solar's Vita port by taking a photo of a dev kit in their office.
Did they get called out on this and respond at all?

Did anything ever happen with Adventures of Mana? I know originally they said there wouldn't be a US Vita release, but then after the mobile release they seemed to suggest they were considering it. Has any concrete info come out since then?

joe2187

Banned
Including I am Setsuna on this list makes no sense for several reasons. First, you state:

I am Setsuna has not been released on the PS4 yet (outside of Japan). If we are talking about Japan, then both PS4 and Vita versions were released on the same day. So a Vita port already exists.

Lastly, an English Vita version was never "announced" or "promised".

I was debating on putting on that list because of those reasons.

To me it's just weird that they already have a working Vita version, yet as I stated in the list "have no plans for a english release"

Although the original teaser for project sestsuna promised vita as a platform, It's SE that made the decision for NA/EU.

Stage On

Wait they canned the Pier solar Vita port? Major bummer! I was really looking forward to playing that on a handheld

Aselith

Did they get called out on this and respond at all?

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/4b0xtl/pier_solar_vita_port_cancelled/

vle8AaT.png

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Salt and Sanctuary is being worked on by an outside porting studio. According to both Ska Studios' own Twitter account and The Vita Lounge Magazine, it is in active development but with no release date. So we have info, just not the kind we want.

I am hopeful that it will be before the end of this year, but who really knows.

Remk

Im still waiting for Resident Evil on the PSP....

Any day now!....

It morphed into Resident Evil Revelations on Vita, Capcpom never lets their fans down.

And wasnt the Banner Saga port being backed by Sony? I think that will just show up any random week on PSN.

And to OP, wouldnt it be good to include a link to the last news or update posted for each port? it will bring more depth and context to the discussion

mr_chun

Gunship-X was one that I was looking forward to. Hasn't had an update in over a year, as far as I can tell.

Came out in May 2014 on iOS

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gunship-x/id763997659?mt=8

PS Blog November 2014 was the official announcement for Vita/PS4

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/11/19/gunship-x-coming-to-ps4-and-ps-experience/

They were at PSX 2014 and were shown in a sizzle reel at E3 2015, but no update. Twitter has been dead since PSX 2014 and Facebook has been dead since E3 2015. They updated the copyright on their website to reflect 2016, but no update. Says "soon".

http://gunshipx.com

joe2187

Banned

Thanks, nice to see sony step in for them. updated

PS4 and Vita versions of Yatagarasu (Legend of Raven) was supposed to be released on November 30, 2015 in Japan, but it got delayed indefinitely.
http://kakuge-checker.com/topic/view/03680/
http://www.pikii.jp/legendofraven/

I knew this would happen as soon as Nicalis stepped in

Did anything ever happen with Adventures of Mana? I know originally they said there wouldn't be a US Vita release, but then after the mobile release they seemed to suggest they were considering it. Has any concrete info come out since then?

Nothing official, It's my understanding it's just being considered.

There were other telltale ports announced like Minecraft Stories and game of thrones

Are those games complete? Telltale usually releases the Vita version after all episodes + DLC have been completed as far as I know.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
There were other telltale ports announced like Minecraft Stories and game of thrones

Let's be honest though, do we really want those games to actually come to Vita? Given the performance of TWD seasons 1 & 2 on the system, it just seems like their engine can't function properly on Vita.

hongcha

Although the original teaser for project sestsuna promised vita as a platform, It's SE that made the decision for NA/EU.

The Project Setsuna trailer promised Vita for a platform in Japan. The trailer was in Japanese before any localized version was announced. The game has already released in Japan (on Vita!). Here is the trailer (from the Tokyo Game Show last year):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aK_uoWKvbI

The first E3 announcement (directed at Western audiences) did not list any platform, but said it was a "new console RPG", thus Vita was never mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhQ3PLGRImI

joe2187

Banned
And to OP, wouldnt it be good to include a link to the last news or update posted for each port? it will bring more depth and context to the discussion

Thats the plan.

Gunship-X was one that I was looking forward to. Hasn't had an update in over a year, as far as I can tell.

Added

In April Darkest Dungeon got delayed to July/August. Take that for what you will, but that's the last update they've given

Thats good to know, hopefully we can hear or see something soon.

vareon

Let's be honest though, do we really want those games to actually come to Vita? Given the performance of TWD seasons 1 & 2 on the system, it just seems like their engine can't function properly on Vita.

It doesn't matter, this thread is to provide info on games that are supposed to come to Vita.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
That's not the point of thread now is it

And given the performance on other console... Yeah..It isn't just vita.

Are those games complete? Telltale usually releases the Vita version after all episodes + DLC have been completed as far as I know.
Game of thrones is complete i think
Edit:
I think this is the last update(down in comment)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...utes-of-the-walking-dead-michonne-on-ps4-ps3/

Game of Thrones can burn in hell, but MSM wasn't half bad. Ditto with Tales from the Borderlands...

Still kinda shocked Back to the Future didn't come to Vita in honor of the anniversary, but TT has been weird lately haven't they? Didn't they only do one chapter of MSM on Wii U and then stop? The same goes for leaking a Walking Dead collection for Wii U then it vanished without a trace...

Josh5890

I still am mad at myself for buying season 1 of that game. Now my save file is stuck on Vita

joe2187

Banned
The Project Setsuna trailer promised Vita for a platform in Japan. The trailer was in Japanese before any localized version was announced. The game has already released in Japan (on Vita!). Here is the trailer (from the Tokyo Game Show last year):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aK_uoWKvbI

The first E3 announcement (directed at Western audiences) did not list any platform, but said it was a "new console RPG", thus Vita was never mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhQ3PLGRImI

Well then my confusion makes sense. I automatically assumed that the JP trailer would be the exact same for the NA teaser. I'll strike it from the list since it seemed it was never really a plan for Western release to begin with.

joe2187

Banned
We got a vauge "still working on it" update for Mercenary Kings a few months ago: https://twitter.com/TributeGames/status/707972542309527554

I know that's the game I really want, people said it's not great, but it seems like a perfect fit for vita, also I'm a sucker for Paul Robertson's art.

Good to know, nice to see some recent responses to these questions. Updated!

Mighty No. 9

How did I even forget this one? I cant believe that I missed it.

joe2187

Banned
Wait I thought it was announced at some point along with bastion though? Or am I just making something up?

Never announced, would be nice. But bastion was announced last E3 I believe and then it released completely by surprise a couple months later.

Top Bottom