• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The current status of Announced/Promised Vita ports

Windforce

The devs pulled a scam. Claimed Sony wouldn't send a small team like their's Vita devkits because they were low on them ... except they announced Pier Solar's Vita port by taking a photo of a dev kit in their office.

That was pathetic of them. Anyway, Pier Solar was pretty fucking terrible, so no great loss.

Port I am mostly anticipating on PS Vita now is Bloodstained. Please happen...

joe2187

Banned

joe2187

Banned
What happened to this game? Snapshot

It was even playable on Vita demo units at stores.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/snapshot-psvita/

It had a steam release like 3 years ago? Their twitter has been dead for the last two years and their site hasnt updated since 2013.

It's dead dallow.

Salt and Sanctuary dev 5/17/16:

@Daggerfaell Vita version is still in development. PS4 had the exclusivity.

https://twitter.com/jamezila/status/732647440122159104

Thanks ScaryShark, the twitter links have been helpful. This is my most anticipated of all the Vita ports, getting a souls-lite fix on a handheld would be amazing.

vivftp

I honestly thought we were talking about this at first :(

1561249_0.jpg

ZoronMaro

I honestly thought we were talking about this at first :(

https://s32.postimg.org/gp2enauol/1561249_0.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

That is also a mysterious port, but it was released so it doesn't count.

[SPOILER]Actually what was it? I assumed it was a leftover from some function the dev kits had.[/SPOILER]

Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities Director's Cut

On 4/23/16 they uploaded a trailer with gameplay: https://youtu.be/9WHFCF-0B_Y

It ends with '2016' and the Vita is still one of the platforms listed. I found no Twitter mentions of vita specifically since then from the dev.

Atomski

I'm surprised the Vita is still getting as many ports as it is. There can't be much money to make off the system at this point.

joe2187

Banned
NightCry publisher on 5/10/16:

@GennaroxPezone its still coming, just at a later date :)

https://twitter.com/playismen/status/729906143502438400

Your the best Shark!

Another one to keep and eye on is Loud on Planet X. The devs said it was coming and that it would be cross buy.

Thanks added, though Im not sure it'll work on Vita since it contains a lot of licensed songs according to the Steam version.

Any news on The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth? Did it get cancelled? I'm playing Rebirth on my Vita every day...

According to the dev or pub on lasts month PS Blog

no PS Vita version is entirely based on what we consider acceptable for Isaac players. With the additional amount of resources requires for new effects, weapon combos, bosses etc, Afterbirth did not run at a performance level that I’m personally happy with.

So no, Vita version of afterbirth doesnt look like it's going to be happening.

joe2187

Banned
Port I am mostly anticipating on PS Vita now is Bloodstained. Please happen...

After playing the backer demo, I eagerly await the final product. Game looks to be something fantastic

Galak-Z was originally announced for Vita and later cancelled. Is that the kind of thing you want to include?

I was supremely disappointed that Galak-Zs Vita port was cancelled, but at least the developer was honest about the reason for cancelling instead of being dodgy. Shows better when you're transparent about the difficulties concerning porting to the platform.

I got an update on Action Henk recently - they're "trying their best to get it running well enough"

Dex - "later this year"

Energy Hook - "unlikely"

Telltale Games - "still have plans to bring out titles over to the platform"

Transistor - never announced, asked them recently and "no plans"

Vektor Wars - "likely" (but from November 2014)

And I'm just going to throw this one in there - no announcement or anything, but I expressed an interest in a Vita port of "World to the West" on Twitter and it was liked by the developer, an artist and a musician involved with the company. So you never know :p

It's never going to happen. I forget why, but one of the recent PS I Love You podcasts went into why in detail, there are a bunch of technical reasons why it's not possible.

Seriously? I mean, it's in Monogame which is definitely Vita-compatible (Axiom Verge used it), and it's on iOS so it can't be that far off Vita specs.

Disappointing. I'd have loved it.

Still one of the sadess things was no episode 2 of Jacob Jones and the bigfoot mystery on Vita,

We just got Towerfall in the EU (without the cross-buy working) but waiting for a number of other games inculding Taco Master might need another thread unless you want to add as a seperate section, can dig up a load more, blanking on a few on the top of my head, oh Saturday Morning RPG, both confirmed to me on twitter as coming but no timeline other than soon but that was a while ago.

Hey we still get the lego games day and date looking forward to star wars tomorrow :)

cj_iwakura

I'm surprised the Vita is still getting as many ports as it is. There can't be much money to make off the system at this point.

Low cost, high profit? There has to be a solid reason why the Vita is still getting so much support. I imagine the licensing fees are low to non existent.

Whew rough topic but neccesary

Ill be happy to get Salt and Sanctuary and Darkest Dungeon

I understand that Vitas current age and power are a challenge to deal with

Shame its not getting a successor

Ephidel

Another one to keep and eye on is Loud on Planet X. The devs said it was coming and that it would be cross buy.
Yeah, but on their facebook it's not listed as a platform and they told someone that it had been indefinitely delayed.
Hey Vamsi, the port to Vita is indefinitely delayed at this time, we are working towards a solution. Unfortunately we do not have any indication of if or when that will be. It will be cross buy should the Vita port come together - absolutely.
(Link to the comment on facebook)

Ephidel

There's also Chromophore: Two Brothers.
I was under the impression it was still coming, possibly even this year because the website had been updated with a Q3 2016 date, but then a recent Vita Lounge interview mentioned a legal issue so I'm not so sure.
One of the team member who worked on the PC build has thrown up a legal road block, so we’ll need to figure out all that before we can proceed.

Windforce

After playing the backer demo, I eagerly await the final product. Game looks to be something fantastic

I was supremely disappointed that Galak-Zs Vita port was cancelled, but at least the developer was honest about the reason for cancelling instead of being dodgy. Shows better when you're transparent about the difficulties concerning porting to the platform.

Yes, the E3 demo had me hyped.

GJ on the OP, too. Subscribing to this.

Parham

Banned
What happened to this game? Snapshot

It was even playable on Vita demo units at stores.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/snapshot-psvita/

It had a steam release like 3 years ago? Their twitter has been dead for the last two years and their site hasnt updated since 2013.

It's dead dallow.

I know the guy working on the port. I don't know how much I can say, but he is still working on it in some capacity. I got the chance to play the most recent build a few months ago.

LAA

Not sure it was promised or announced, but Binding of Isaac Afterbirth.
I know they said they were struggling porting to Vita, but I simply just don't buy it.
Super sad about it, probably won't play BoI on PC or PS4, which would be the next two platforms to ideally play them on for me.

heringer

Regarding Volgarr The Viking:

https://twitter.com/VOLGARR/status/745401615478185985

"-Because I got asked a buttload of times today Volgarr is coming to PS4/Vita and then we are going to *attempt* Wii-U/3DS after Sony release"

https://twitter.com/VOLGARR/status/740990354816532480

"Well it looks like the only real thing holding us up from submitting to Sony Certification at this point is waiting on PEGI Ratings."

So I think it's rather soon...ish.

Didn't know this was coming to Vita. Nice!

Any updates on Adventure of Mana?

Doubt it will ever come out here. Honestly, people should be asking for Chaos Rings 3 to be honest. It's much better than Romancing Saga 2 and Adventure of Mana. I really think Vita fans would love Chaos Rings 3.

shimrra

Pier Solar really hurts, I went out and purposely bought the PS3 version when they announced that it would be crossbuy for Vita. Lesson learn never believe developers until it is actually out.

sackninja

Not sure it was promised or announced, but Binding of Isaac Afterbirth.
I know they said they were struggling porting to Vita, but I simply just don't buy it.
Super sad about it, probably won't play BoI on PC or PS4, which would be the next two platforms to ideally play them on for me.

You should buy technical reasons, the game barely ran on vita as is if you got crazy 100 plus iten synergies. And and afterbirth added more big rooms, more effects and more synergies. It was never going to work on vita.

Tsunamo

I'll be happy when Salt and Sanctuary comesout on Vita, part of the reason I was even interested in the game in the firstplace was having a souls-like game on the Vita.

Ah well, it'll come eventually.
Still one of the sadess things was no episode 2 of Jacob Jones and the bigfoot mystery on Vita
The first episode was really enjoyable. It had a Layton style of play going for it, but the artstyle had a nice Chibi 3D saturday morning cartoon style, and amazingly it apparently ran on Unreal Engine 3 and was native res and was a good port (even if it's a simple game it's still pretty suprising)

But with that said I don't even think they got past the second episode on iOS, so I don't think they even got to do more, little own port the other episodes to Vita.
Any updates on Adventure of Mana?
Sadly I don't think we've got anything minus the initial comment on Western Vita owners wanting it and them looking into making a English Vita port.

Judging from how they handled SaGa 2 and decided to bring it over to Vita here eventually i'm hoping if it does well they'll comeback to it and eventually bring it over. As fun as SaGa 2 looks I was far more interested in playing Adventure of Mana on Vita :(

Top Bottom