• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Defenders - Reviews Thread

Shredderi

It takes half the show to get the gang together? Then what's even the fucking point? I remember loving DD season 1 and thinking "oh man this netflix marvel tv universe stuff is gonna be so good!". Now it all feels like trash. DD season 1 was the anomaly it seems.

watership

It takes half the show to get the gang together? Then what's even the fucking point? I remember loving DD season 1 and thinking "oh man this netflix marvel tv universe stuff is gonna be so good!". Now it all feels like trash. DD season 1 was the anomaly it seems.

What are you talking about? I'm not sure how long it takes them to get together equates to Netflix Marvel shows are all trash since DD season 1.

Shredderi

What are you talking about? I'm not sure how long it takes them to get together equates to Netflix Marvel shows are all trash since DD season 1.

It obviously doesn't. The shows being bad after the pretty good DD S01 equates that. Well, to me. Your mileage may vary.

Shaanyboi

Banned
so its 8 episodes...and they don't all get together until episode 4....wtf?

You have 4 leads with numerous side characters, you have to re-establish all their situations (also probably assuming people may have skipped a show or two), you have Jessica and Matt crossing paths, you have Luke and Danny crossing paths. This show has a lot it has to cover.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
4 episodes of weaving them together into a team seems like a good plan. They're all slightly flaw individuals who will probably butt heads. But it needs to present each of them with some sort of storyline between themselves, on top of any interactions between each of the 4's side characters.

To immediately team them up would seem like a mistake, because there has been very little interaction between the 4.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
It's 2017 and we're still using generic hip hop to tell audiences "this is our black character"?

😔
It's all your fault. You all indulged the marketing campaign for Luke Cage S1, where they played hiphop music for everything.

Should have thrown it back in their faces.

It's all your fault. You all indulged the marketing campaign for Luke Cage S1, where they played hiphop music for everything.

Should have thrown it back in their faces.

Music did end up being a big part of that show (even though they really did need to pull back on the music interludes). So it made sense then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNwjRfSldM0

Here's the final trailer (aka the one that shows all the late-game cool parts) in case it wasn't posted already.

I want to start this show but I probably should finish all the other shows first right? I did see Daredevil completely, JJ, Luke Cage and almost done with Iron Fist. I assume I need to finish Iron Fist first before watching this?

I am halfway through Iron Fist. I liked the first 3 or so episodes but suddenly Danny has become anoying as hell as a character. Does the story get better / worse? Does Dannys acting stay as this strange man child thing he suddenly became?

I got to the one where
Ward stabbed his dad to death (another anoying character)

I liked dare devil season one, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage up until
Cotton mouth died

Jumeira

Banned
I loved Daredevil, didn't watch the rest as I thought they were uninteresting (and bad/mediocre reviews), I did watch Jessica Jones which was absolute shit, I can't stand her character, is Defenders worth watching if I I don't care for them all outside of Daredevil & Punisher? If there's story that enhances these characters and prepares you for thier solo series then I will need to watch. But if you guys think this isnt too connected then I can avoid this. Hate these clowns.

Top Bottom