• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Democratic National Convention OT |2016|: The One With the Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slime

Banned
Finally saw the Biden and Kaine speeches.

These are incredible people who have dedicated their lives to helping and fighting for others. Even if they don't meet your ideal criteria for progressive purity, I don't understand how anyone could not admire these leaders, let alone allow someone like Trump to take office in their place.

Ekai

The majority in that subreddit just like memes and like seeing Hillary get shit on. They don't actually care about what Donald does. He obviously has the best judgement to them. That's why when the media leaked that Pence was VP they were all saying that Donald is tricking them and that someone better is being picked. When it was announced it was Pence they backtracked and said, "OH WHAT A GREAT CHOICE DONALD PLAYING 10D CHESS MAGA MAGA USA USA."

I mean they fucking say "Based FAGGOT" whenever someone gay speaks out approving of Donald Drumpf. (Usually think it was reserved for Milo but I've seen it for others too.) And then you get shit like this.

It terrifies me that Drumpf is seriously trying to sell that he gives a shit about people like me.

_Ryo_

President Barrack Obama said:
That’s why anyone who threatens our values, whether fascists or communists or jihadists or homegrown demagogues, will always fail in the end. That’s America. Those bonds of affection; that common creed. We don’t fear the future; we shape it, embrace it, as one people, stronger together than we are on our own.

Rekt. Obama is the GOAT.

It seems more like they really had to have at least some content for this article. The Kaine one is odd though, Kiely harps on how the economist is a Dem and the 'chief' title. It's just kind of going a bit overboard on what is essentially a true statement (3.4 vs 3.5 million jobs, adviser but not 'chief' adviser).

Not really worried about Jesse Jackson.

nomis

The majority in that subreddit just like memes and like seeing Hillary get shit on. They don't actually care about what Donald does. He obviously has the best judgement to them. That's why when the media leaked that Pence was VP they were all saying that Donald is tricking them and that someone better is being picked. When it was announced it was Pence they backtracked and said, "OH WHAT A GREAT CHOICE DONALD PLAYING 10D CHESS MAGA MAGA USA USA."

I mean they fucking say "Based FAGGOT" whenever someone gay speaks out approving of Donald Trump. (Usually think it was reserved for Milo but I've seen it for others too.) And then you get shit like this.

incredible to see actual human beings respond to Trumps non-answer about money in politics by labelling it a "fabulous shitpost"

The Democratic National Convention OT2 |2016|: Khaleesi Returns to Westeros

Yeah, this would be a huge bounce for Hillary, especially since Suffolk is a good pollster. Obviously we need more polling, but they have a B+ from 538 and they adjust it to Hillary +12 in their model. I think she'll get a decent bump.

McGinty finally started hitting the airwaves last week. Up to that point I had just seen Toomey ads from a PAC.

Feingold + Duckworth + Bayh + McGinty + Kaine tie-breaking VP = Senate.

Holmes

McGinty finally started hitting the airwaves last week. Up to that point I had just seen Toomey ads from a PAC.
Must be rough to live in a state that's bombarded by campaign ads. There are a few here and there here in California but for the most part, people just vote D by default.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Looks like Day 3 ratings fell below the RNC despite Obama. Are people conventioned-out?

That was by far the biggest problem last night. Obama's speech didn't end until basically midnight on the east coast. There are so few electoral votes that are up for grabs in the west so I don't get why scheduling caters so much to them.

Must be rough to live in a state that's bombarded by campaign ads. There are a few here and there here in California but for the most part, people just vote D by default.

It's hasn't been bad this year, but I suspect that will change soon. It will likely reach a point where there will be 1-3 campaign ads a commercial break on some channels.

Slayven

That was by far the biggest problem last night. Obama's speech didn't end until basically midnight on the east coast. There are so few electoral votes that are up for grabs in the west so I don't get why scheduling caters so much to them.

Nah, the midwest and new england needed to hear Bloomberg and Kaine

Thats what happens when you spend so much time talking about more than just feelings and doom & gloom. You inevitably get some stuff wrong.

And of course you use Fact-Check's article about only the stuff that was wrong instead of Politifact's page where they show you what was wrong AND what was right.

I've used Politifact before and someone complained about ads so I used factcheck.org this time. Moreover, they are usually credible.

Factcheck missed a big whopper on the deficit though. The rise and decline of the deficit obviously was not driven by Obama's policies. In fact, once again you see his cherry picking narrative where he's trying to claim he could do nothing because of GOP obstruction and at the same time wants to take credit for trends that predate his team or have little to do with his decisions. And of course Pres. Obama left out what his recent proposal/deal with the GOP will do because he has a tough job of misleading the American people lol.

FyreWulff

I like how Trump is complaining about Hillary not doing a press conference because supposedly she's dodging hard questions, and then goes and does his AMA on the_donald instead of /IamA

Cyrano

I like how Trump is complaining about Hillary not doing a press conference because supposedly she's dodging hard questions, and then goes and does his AMA on the_donald instead of /IamA
I would be curious to know what the hard decisions are that he's had to make throughout his life and how often they come up.

Ekai

I would be curious to know what the hard decisions are that he's had to make throughout his life and how often they come up.

If he wanted to take on a small loan of a million dollars or a small loan of a million dollars. #TheDecision

Valhelm

contribute something
I'm gonna groan if Libertarian party get the 5% Because then we have to deal with two different parties shouting the same nonsense

Nah, the Libertarian party should be as successful as they possibly can be without reaching plurality support. Their existence makes them a thorn in the side of the GOP, hugely benefiting the Democrats and providing another angle for neoconservatives to be attacked.

Libertarians are trash, absolutely, but they can serve a purpose.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Nah, the Libertarian party should be as successful as they possibly can be without reaching plurality support. Their existence makes them a thorn in the side of the GOP, hugely benefiting the Democrats and providing another angle for neoconservatives to be attacked.

Libertarians are trash, absolutely, but they can serve a purpose.

agreed. if the social & fiscal conservatives go their separate ways, it'll be a lot easier to marginalize the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom