• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division beta pushed back, Xbox One Alpha test Dec 9-12

Izuna

Banned
WHO CAN YOU TRUST?!

tumblr_moatmjG7Hf1r67ci9o1_400.gif

Saw some screenshots in twitter feed from xbox one beta(alpha?), holy shit about lowres textures and degrade graphics, is that true?

No, No No. Game looks much better than those videos. In addition, this is Massive working on their netcode and they are showing a small slice of the game. The game has been in a playable form for a year. Their biggest reason for doing a lot of this testing is to work through the netcoding to make everything seamless.

Journey

Banned
If this game is in Alpha state, then it's not coming out in 2016.
Do you know what an Alpha state is for a game? Do you know how a game such as this cannot move from Alpha to Beta to Final in 3 months? Or even 9 months?
Developers, especially Ubisoft, have started calling the games they show Alpha so as to cover their asses from downgrade accusations.

Do you know what a beta is to a game? and if it's definitely not in beta state, then where is it?

Saw some screenshots in twitter feed from xbox one beta(alpha?), holy shit about lowres textures and degrade graphics, is that true?

I'll say it again. It does not even look remotely blurry on my screen. Same goes for textures, maybe i did not pay enough attention to it, but i did not spot many low res textures. If they are there, they appear crisp in a few seconds. Streaming related? For a alpha...a Ubi alpha actually too, it's damn impressive in terms of how it looks and performs. Been very smooth sailing for me.

From http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-an-update-to-our-beta-plans/:

3. Can I upload videos to Youtube or livestream the game?

No. There is an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) for this alpha. By accepting the NDA, you are agreeing to not disclose alpha information and footage to the public. This includes, but is not limited to:

• Capturing gameplay content
  • Livestreaming
  • Posting images
  • Discussing the alpha anywhere outside of the alpha forums.
Please keep in mind that The Division Alpha is not a final representation of the game. For this alpha, we will be focusing mainly on gameplay feedback and other technical aspects such as server stability. This is the first time The Division will actively be in a public testing phase, so signing an NDA is required to participate.

Just sayin'. Tread lightly, friends.

Has anyone tried to use the Amazon.co.uk stores preorder code on thedivision website to register for the PS4 Beta?

I couldnt register for the Beta yet as they had not made it available for Europe yet it seems.

Got the code and entered it BUT it says you already entered your code. I don't recall ever doing it lol. The page did take a while to load so I clicked enter code a couple times. Maybe that's it?

I clicked XBONE. Will I get Alpha access soon?

Archpath1

Was a rank 5 outlaw
Pretty tense man
not that there is much good loot at level 8
It's best to kill people and survive I got like 400 points plus whatever else from the fights

masizzai

Got the code and entered it BUT it says you already entered your code. I don't recall ever doing it lol. The page did take a while to load so I clicked enter code a couple times. Maybe that's it?

I did the amazon thing since they announced the alpha and haven't received the alpha code, it seems not to be guaranteed.

pr0cs

Took less than 5 mins for me last night once I chose my platform last night.
I will say this is the best alpha I've been in, probably the most organized

AFMichel

Neo Member

I had the same problem, just open a Ubisoft support ticket( https://support.ubi.com/en-US/ ) and send the ticket number to the Ubisoft Facebook support( https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftSupport/ ), they will send you your 25 digit Xbox one code

Yeah, you're right. I'm gonna ease down now, it's not that i revealed anything really...but...yeah.
Not that I wanted to rain on the parade or anything, the stuff I've been reading here sound pretty interesting so far.

It's kind of crazy that they have NDA on something you can pretty much buy...

Indeed. I guess the catch is that a lot can change between now and launch (considering this game's delay history that's probably an understatement), and they want more people to buy it, not lose sales because of potentially negative alpha information getting out there.

ViciousDS

Banned
Indeed. I guess the catch is that a lot can change between now and launch (considering this game's delay history that's probably an understatement), and they want more people to buy it, not lose sales because of potentially negative alpha information getting out there.

No NDA would garner them a lot of sales right now IMO. Game is in a solid state, needs some tweaks to DZ.....other than that its fantastic. I just want to know there Raid content for end game......these guys with this engine could create some badass pieces.....

most feelings have been very positive from everyone I've seen.

Out or curiosity

What colours represent the rarities?

I've seen white, green and blue.

Credits to DigitalHitmann for this in the Info hub thread

TCTD_Rarity.jpg

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Sounds like a lot of people fearful of PVP are going to get wrecked in darkzones and complain big time on forums and the like.

Prepare for the onslaught! I will be spending a fair amount of my time in those as that is where the excitement is at.

It's an Alpha, let's freak our about textures.

(Rolls eyes)

Sounds like a lot of people fearful of PVP are going to get wrecked in darkzones and complain big time on forums and the like.

Prepare for the onslaught! I will be spending a fair amount of my time in those as that is where the excitement is at.

Haha, I would love to read the thread from the point of view of you guys, must be an interesting read. Everyone freaking out about the textures and fearing the pvp (outside of some constructive thoughts - and barely at that since everyone is NDA'ed, I can't find this stuff).

It's an Alpha, let's freak our about textures.

(Rolls eyes)
Yeah I know people are excited and want to talk about the game, but this is the reason the NDA. If an old build without complete/final assets and/or features that aren't there, they don't want public opinion to be formed on that. They're just protecting their own game.

ViciousDS

Banned
Thanks!

Looks like sub-1080p or bad AA? Or both? They're weirdly cropped for whatever reason

um.......yes, its been known for awhile now 900p on the xbox one. Also those nitpicking texture shots lol. I can go into any game and find an object with a garbage texture let alone one game thats not finished,

LKSmash

um.......yes, its been known for awhile now 900p on the xbox one. Also those nitpicking texture shots lol. I can go into any game and find an object with a garbage texture let alone one thats not finished,

People are thirsty to drag down Ubisoft at the slightest hint that they had to come back down to Earth and produce a game that can run on the consoles provided.

SaganIsGOAT

Thanks!

Looks like sub-1080p or bad AA? Or both? They're weirdly cropped for whatever reason

Those blurry textures are from streaming issues. I am clarifying that right now before people use those pictures as a means to shit on the textures. Game looks fine on my 42"TV

AND GOOD LORD DAT SNOW HNGGGGG

ViciousDS

Banned
People are thirsty to drag down Ubisoft at the slightest hint that they had to come back down to Earth and produce a game that can run on the consoles provided.

which is funny because due to the real time lighting, weather and a pretty damn good framerate for the most part.....its better than Unity and Syndicate in terms of atmosphere, play-ability and eye candy for damn sure.

Just think.....its going to only get better

Top Bottom