• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division beta pushed back, Xbox One Alpha test Dec 9-12

etta

my hard graphic balls
Do you know what a beta is to a game? and if it's definitely not in beta state, then where is it?

Are you saying the game is not in beta state yet?
And that they will finish up with the alpha state and go through beta, and then QA in the span of 3 months?

Nialrot

No DZ for yet. Need to level up one more time. So I am in the PvE I assume. :)

Ah ok... was worried because i kept running into quite a few people in the DZ that were having issues finding where the loot was going after extraction.

Probably a good ole quit the build may help.

Haven't seen anything reported on the Alpha forums about it either.

Good luck!

LKSmash

which is funny because due to the real time lighting, weather and a pretty damn good framerate for the most part.....its better than Unity and Syndicate in terms of atmosphere, play-ability and eye candy for damn sure.

Just think.....its going to only get better

Couldn't agree more. I've loved my few hours with it and can't wait to get back at it tonight after work.

I just want to know if people are enjoying the game. : P

Immensely

It scratches an itch that I developed from Destiny, but have long since gotten rid of...wait that sounds overly medical...I probably should get some kind of ointment.

Seriously though, it has the right blend of gun-play, loot, missions/quests. I haven't gotten into the DZ yet, but I will tonite.

What I've played so far (minus the obvious polish issues -- which are minor and to be expected), I'm definitely on board. I was saddened to learn the overwatch mode was removed (I still think it could have been viable, if scaled back).

I'm just hoping it has longer legs than Destiny -- which took me all DLCs to last just over 1 year.

ViciousDS

Banned
I keep getting inventory full while looting, when it is not full. Hmmmm.

you could be full on medkits, nades, water, energy bars..........etc. Don't worry you are full on that consumable....your not missing out on gear :)

It drops it on the ground btw if your full......you should be able to see an icon and that will indicate what you are full on.

I just want to know if people are enjoying the game. : P

yup yup!

Nialrot

Very pleasantly surprised by this. Especially the asynchronous MP is soo much better executed than Destiny.

This was my largest concern when hearing about PvP/Dark Zone and how they were going to execute it.

I was really hyped for Destiny's approach when it was unveiled but it turned into pretty much nothing lol.

Excited to check out the Beta when it comes out and I hope they open up the game environment a little more.

Just from playing the Alpha I plan on picking it up in March.

That means you can't carry anymore of a type of grenade/food/medkit.

you could be full on medkits, nades, water, energy bars..........etc. Don't worry you are full on that consumable....your not missing out on gear :)

It drops it on the ground btw if your full......you should be able to see an icon and that will indicate what you are full on.

yup yup!

Hmmm ok. Cause i checked and i don't have enough medkits or grenades and so on. But i was wondering what exactly it was that i am finding while loot. Good advice on checking to see what is dropped. I did not notice it to be honest, will check the next tiime.

Bsigg12

I keep getting inventory full while looting, when it is not full. Hmmmm.

Logout and log back in. To do that, press the menu button, go to options and right bumper to select exit.

That fixed an issue I had last night where I lileft the DZ with a contaminated item expecting it to be pulled from my inventory and it never was and it also thought I was permanently in the DZ.

jmizzal

I'm gonna try the Dark Zone when I get off work

I really hope this game doesnt get delayed, after Deus Ex delay this and Zelda TP HD are my next games

If this goes that would suck

0racle

I know everyone is enjoying the dark zone, and I am too but since I was on info blackout before the alpha ( in didn't know it was an open world loot game....) Maybe some of you can answer this

Is the dark zone the meat and potatoes of the game? In the alpha it seems to be. Its a cool concept but after a few hours with it redundancy seems like it would set in?

ViciousDS

Banned
I know everyone is enjoying the dark zone, and I am too but since I was on info blackout before the alpha ( in didn't know it was an open world loot game....) Maybe some of you can answer this

Is the dark zone the meat and potatoes of the game? In the alpha it seems to be. Its a cool concept but after a few hours with it redundancy seems like it would set in?

debatable,

I don't enjoy it honestly.....but with some tweaks....which I know will happen....it could be really great. But we still need a form of competitive/organized PvP

Putty

which is funny because due to the real time lighting, weather and a pretty damn good framerate for the most part.....its better than Unity and Syndicate in terms of atmosphere, play-ability and eye candy for damn sure.

Just think.....its going to only get better

Syndicate would be hard to top in terms of atmosphere, so I'm intrigued you say this is better....ill have to wait until the PS4 version lands before I try for myself but interesting non the less...

Nialrot

debatable,

I don't enjoy it honestly.....but with some tweaks....which I know will happen....it could be really great. But we still need a form of competitive/organized PvP

What do you have in mind?

Something like H1Z1's Battle Royales or a scaled-map playlist with like 4v4v4v4 teams competing for a singular objective.

Delryk

I gotta say.. this game is freaking great!.. only played alone unfortunately but i can totally see myself play this puppy for awhile once it's out...

only thing that annoys the hell out of me is the voice overs saying the samething over and over again, but this is because its alpha, so not worried about it for the final version

Theorry

Syndicate would be hard to top in terms of atmosphere, so I'm intrigued you say this is better....ill have to wait until the PS4 version lands before I try for myself but interesting non the less...

Well of you look like the reveai trailer for example. That atmosphere is still there in combination of day and night and sometimes some snow or even a blizzard.

Bsigg12

i find dark zone pretty boring, just running around not finding anything to kill to rank up

I'm curious to his different enemy placement will be in the beta and subsequently the full game. I have found a few places I can consistently go to fight NPCs but they are pretty spread out. I would like to see a few more alleys, buildings and roof tops filled with enemies.

ViciousDS

Banned
What do you have in mind?

Something like H1Z1's Battle Royales or a scaled-map playlist with like 4v4v4v4 teams competing for a singular objective.

Honestly these guys are trained individuals. Competitive wise outside the DZ they could have an academy or some similar area where people from the division do battle to see who was the greatest squad/player giving. Doing this gives ranks and allows you buy gear as well. Instead of bullets they use blanks or rubber bullets to take people out....this way it still fits with their story in a way.

DZ still stays with some minor tweaks to the Rogue system....possibly adding the other end of the spectrum as well.....you start neutral and try to work your way towards Rogue or Enforcer earning rewards. Enforcer being hard to obtain but having better rewards since its easy to go Rogue and get points for it. While also adding the abiility to use Extraction or the exit points to escape with gear adding to even more places to watch out for while spreading out the player base on the map in the DZ, giving more opportunities to escape with gear and less viability to camping since there would be double the amount of spots to get out now with the loot.

I gotta say.. this game is freaking great!.. only played alone unfortunately but i can totally see myself play this puppy for awhile once it's out...

only thing that annoys the hell out of me is the voice overs saying the samething over and over again, but this is because its alpha, so not worried about it for the final version

Exactly man. I am getting beyond ttired of those two rioters saying something and it's always the same goddamn thing. Same with the bosses or whatever they are. Goddamn. But yeah.. Gotta be alpha.

Seems like there's no more sidemissions for me. Guess I gotta repeat the story mission so I can level up some more, otherwise I'm never going to see the dark zone.

Theorry

Seems like there's no more sidemissions for me. Guess I gotta repeat the story mission so I can level up some more, otherwise I'm never going to see the dark zone.

Huh? You can just go there from the beginning when you are even level 4. Just head to the red section of the map.

Nialrot

WTF. I went to the terminal or pc in the starting area and there it said I needed to be level 8 for the dark zone.

That was for matchmaking people together and probably doesn't even work at this point in the Alpha. I tried it when i first started and it didn't match me with anyone.

Just head as far east as you can near the orange/red area and you will find the entrance.

SJRB

Gold Member
I have to say I'm impressed with how Ubisoft is cracking down on footage, they must have a team of 100 people watching the usual places like a hawk.

Theorry

I have to say I'm impressed with how Ubisoft is cracking down on footage, they must have a team of 100 people watching the usual places like a hawk.

Its a shame really. I mean i get why they were scared yesterday. You never know how people are gonna like it. But with all the positive impressions i would be less lenient now if i was Ubi.

Bsigg12

That was for matchmaking people together and probably doesn't even work at this point in the Alpha. I tried it when i first started and it didn't match me with anyone.

Just head as far east as you can near the orange/red area and you will find the entrance.

People need to set their group privacy from friends only to open.

0racle

You're... doing it wrong?

I am too?

For me I'm not wanting to be an ass and kill/take peoples gear.

How is dark zone to be played? How do you get gear besides killing people that found some?

Where do they find it? There is not many AI fodder walking around

Played it for a few more hours now today and I just am not getting what is so fun and great. All the sidemissions are very very uninteresting and I would be surprised if they somehow are fun as hell in the final product. As it stands right now this is not a must have for me. We'll see what the beta and/or full game brings.

I'll keep it at that.

Archpath1

I am too?

For me I'm not wanting to be an ass and kill/take peoples gear.

How is dark zone to be played? How do you get gear besides killing people that found some?

Where do they find it? There is not many AI fodder walking around

Well at the moment, not much AI roaming around
You can find elite enemies in the far contamination zones
Then just rank up to get gear

Plus there are dark zone chests that require keys
Some require rank too

Top Bottom