• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
My new Destiny OT
RsLAw3V.png

tumblr_nj1azffB4h1t5oqd4o1_500.gif

WTF how did I post that much D:

Trickster

I'll be honest, haven't really followed the game that much. I kinda understand what it is, but I don't really understand what there is to do in the game.

I get the whole open world destiny-esque aspect where you can run into other players, and unlike in Destiny, you can actually attack them . I also know about the loot aspect and having to extract items via the helicopters.

But that is pretty much what I know about the game that constitues "content". Every time I tried watching a stream in the last beta, it was people running around in the street, killing a few npcs, going to an extraction spot and waiting to extract items. Then some of the time they would run into other players, and either fight them or not.

Is there a story? What about something equivelant to dungeons/strikes or raids?

deoee

I'll be honest, haven't really followed the game that much. I kinda understand what it is, but I don't really understand what there is to do in the game.

I get the whole open world destiny-esque aspect where you can run into other players, and unlike in Destiny, you can actually attack them . I also know about the loot aspect and having to extract items via the helicopters.

But that is pretty much what I know about the game that constitues "content". Every time I tried watching a stream in the last beta, it was people running around in the street, killing a few npcs, going to an extraction spot and waiting to extract items. Then some of the time they would run into other players, and either fight them or not.

Is there a story? What about something equivelant to dungeons/strikes or raids?

90% of the game were unavailable in the beta.
There are story missions, dungeons or strikes and there was a raid rumor going around. The whole DZ becomes one instance at lvl 30.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Skipping this one and going all in directly at launch, enjoy it boys

You might as well play it for the 10 minute introduction tutorial so you can get that not so good looking SWEET SWAG ITEM for your character.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I already convinced a friend of mine to get the game when we played the closed beta together so maybe I can convince my nephew in the open beta to buy the game since he does have a mild interest in it.

I hope they implement a trading system in the final game. I know that sort of creates an economy which can screw stuff up, but I did feel like that was missing.

Trading in the dark zone would be pretty funny. You could see what loot people had in the dark zone then kill them for it haha. I don't know, maybe that wouldn't work very well.

Smash88

Banned
I guess this goes up at midnight on Xbox One, aye? Downloaded and ready to go.

Q: What time does the Beta start at?
A: The Beta for Xbox One users will start on Thursday, Feb 18 - 10am CET | 4am EST | 1am PST. The Beta for PC/PS4 users will start on Friday, Feb 19 - 1pm CET | 7am EST | 4am PST.

ironcreed

Banned
The Beta for Xbox One users will start on Thursday, Feb 18 - 10am CET | 4am EST | 1am PST

Good deal. I will just play it later on tomorrow then.

Q: What time does the Beta start at?
A: The Beta for Xbox One users will start on Thursday, Feb 18 - 10am CET | 4am EST | 1am PST. The Beta for PC/PS4 users will start on Friday, Feb 19 - 1pm CET | 7am EST | 4am PST.

Yes, I missed that.

and as far as the XBOX exclusive stuff goes...it was already known they had a deal with Ubisoft so I'm ok with 30 days...it could have been way worse

(just remember the way Destiny's PS exclusive stuff was handled...people had to wait months for that stuff to get out to XB players)

edit: too slow with the Destiny comparison

Tecnniqe

Banned
and as far as the XBOX exclusive stuff goes...it was already known they had a deal with Ubisoft so I'm ok with 30 days...it could have been way worse

(just remember the way Destiny's PS exclusive stuff was handled...people had to wait months for that stuff to get out to XB players)

edit: too slow with the Destiny comparison

While its true Destiny was much worse, its a shame the industry keep going this way for a quick $.

If this keeps up it could be quite damaging, for both the other platforms and the publishers.
Btw. Damn you all you Xbone owners :(

Xbox
PS4
mbOGZSd.gif

PC
movies-deadpool-headshot-gif.gif

Lister

Banned
Didn't try the first beta, but I've got this one preloaded on Steam.

I'm hoping the fixed the cheating issue on PC though. I heard performance was good otherwise too, right?

While its true Destiny was much worse, its a shame the industry keep going this way for a quick $.

If this keeps up it could be quite damaging, for both the other platforms and the publishers.

oh I'm not saying I agree with it...I despise any type of exclusivity in any way

Xater

Well honestly once you finish the mission(s) there's not much else to do other than dark zone and grind for top level gear in the beta. I'm with you though. I'm just messing around and waiting for the full release to get stuck in.

I'll check out the new mission, so that I also get the bonus gear.

Piscus

Once you go "rogue", are you a rogue forever until you die? Or is there away to un-rogue? How does the whole rogue thing work, exactly?

Tovarisc

Didn't try the first beta, but I've got this one preloaded on Steam.

I'm hoping the fixed the cheating issue on PC though. I heard performance was good otherwise too, right?

Just to mention this; cheating in beta was non existent even if some lead you to believe that everyone was running WH + Aimbot + Infinite ammo + Infinite health or something like that. They should and have improved anti-cheat, but it wasn't as widespread in beta as I have seen some claim on Internets.

Performance / optimisation was already very solid in closed beta build, yeah. Game rides your CPU hard and really seems to benefit from i7 with HT enabled.

Edit:
Destiny gets 1 year exclusivity for content on PS4 and nobody cares. The Division gets 30 day exclusivity on Xbone and everyone goes into full on rage mode. Makes sense.

A lots of people cared and do care about that Destiny content bullshit, there is even many PS players that dislike and would prefer content to be released on all platforms at same time.

Once you go "rogue", are you a rogue forever until you die? Or is there away to un-rogue? How does the whole rogue thing work, exactly?

It's timed, and every time you kill someone after you go rogue you get elevated to the next rogue level and the timer gets higher. Once the timer goes down you are no longer rogue.

you get put on a timer...the more rogue you go (Level 1, 2, 3, etc) the higher the timer gets

there's a damage threshold though so if you shoot at someone accidentally for a shot or two you won't go automatically rogue (you get warned your actions could lead you to be classified rogue)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Destiny gets 1 year exclusivity for content on PS4 and nobody cares. The Division gets 30 day exclusivity on Xbone and everyone goes into full on rage mode. Makes sense.
Not how it is/was at all. Last gen X360 had tons of exclusive and you barely heard about it then too.

People just stopped giving a shit after a while, its a tone deaf industry after all.

Once you go rogue you get Rogue Rank 1-5, which increase the time before it goes away. It also increase the reward for killing you, and for you surviving it.
To go Rogue you need to inflict 15-20% of a player health. If you go rogue, whole group goes rogue (depends on distance).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom