• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima

Yeah it'll be fine for The Division. There is just some weird mentality with (some)Destiny players that Xbox players are 2nd rate citizens.

Because they are with the whole exclusive stuff deal in a game that has little content to begin with.

This time playstation players are 2nd rate citizens. It all balances out.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Because they are with the whole exclusive stuff deal in a game that has little content to begin with.

This time playstation players are 2nd rate citizens. It all balances out.

Thankfully Ubisoft isn't as fucking insane as Activision and the exclusivity is only 2 expansions for 30 days instead of an entire year.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
El_Chino - GT: Bronx Playboy19
PatDH - GT: PatDH1
DrBo42 - GT: DrBo
Granadier - GT: xGranadier
Lashley - GT: Lashley93
spannicus - GT: Blackstatus Red
Tawpgun - GT: Tawpgun
Eddie_Khaled - GT: XxHbk_90xX
Archpath1 - GT: Archpath1
AndrewDean84xX - GT: AndrewDean84x
thornXBL - GT: Thorn Harvestar
Jebr0n - GT: Jebr0n
Andodalf - GT: Mrussell5
In Service - GT: Damatris
Bodom78 - GT: Bodom78
orichalcos - GT: oriic
GreyWind - GT: RoyalKnight
cackhyena - GT: yerffejko
Hawk269 - GT: Hawk269
panama chief - GT: Panama chief
CrimsonEclipse - GT: CRIMS0N ECLIPSE
Anton Sugar - GT: Gareth Marenghi
Anfang - GT: Crossedkarma
Kylebarker-GT: Believemeustink
GravyButt - GT: ??
faer0n - GT: faer0n
FlashMeImFamous GT:FlashMeImFamous
Art Vandilay - GT: Art Vandilay
Papilloma - GT: HumanPapilloma
Boredofcanada - GT:Bloodbathnbyond
SkinnerSw33t - GT: SkinnerSw33t
Grimmsticks - GT: Grimmsticks
GoodCoffeeJoey - GT: GoodCoffeeJoey
AMxKaOtIcDeV - GT: AMxKaOtIcDeV
blazinglazers - GT: Friggles
Iceman829 - GT: Iceman829
Akame ga Kill - GT: x24hrs2livex
VE3TRO - GT: VE3TRO
SirDgby - GT: Xudevu
tekumseh - GT: tekumseh
Xaero Gravity - GT: Xaero Gravity
Adding myself to the list.

Yeah it'll be fine for The Division. There is just some weird mentality with (some)Destiny players that Xbox players are 2nd rate citizens.
Doesn't help that some of the biggest system warriors on GAF are a part of it. Left a real bad taste in my mouth when it came to GAF communities. Happy to see this one seems to be shaping up fairly nicely.

PatDH

Adding myself to the list.

Doesn't help that some of the biggest system warriors on GAF are a part of it. Left a real bad taste in my mouth when it came to GAF communities. Happy to see this one seems to be shaping up fairly nicely.

You were already on the list but someone quoted an un-updated one without you on it and now that one has grown haha.

To make it easier, add yourselves to this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oaS0D92biiSNo3H24p7cQw0q1_dQQOgauo10cqFQEJw/edit#gid=0

Added my GT to the X1 list, also had a few peeps send me friend requests which I am accepting now...so good looking out on those that added me.

We gunna have sum fun.

And Crimson you've been on the list for a while already. You're #23 so I removed the other one you added yourself :)

Added my GT to the X1 list, also had a few peeps send me friend requests which I am accepting now...so good looking out on those that added me.

We gunna have sum fun.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
You were already on the list but someone quoted an un-updated one without you on it and now that one has grown haha.
Story of my life.

giphy.gif

Kadin

Coming late into all the info about the game. What are the thoughts on playing multiple characters in the game? Is it encouraged in any way that we know of or will most people probably just play one character?

PatDH

Coming late into all the info about the game. What are the thoughts on playing multiple characters in the game? Is it encouraged in any way that we know of or will most people probably just play one character?

It's hard to really see the point in multiple characters seeing as you can change your class on the fly. So unless you want extra storage or one male and one female character I'm guessing most people would stick with the one character.. unless I'm missing something.

Jira

There's only so much inventory/stash space so one character for tank/heals/dps and maybe a buffer/debuffer each may be a good route, or at least that's what I'm doing. There's never enough room for loot.

jbortz78

It's hard to really see the point in multiple characters seeing as you can change your class on the fly. So unless you want extra storage or one male and one female character I'm guessing most people would stick with the one character.. unless I'm missing something.

Ill be using two characters in case I outlvl My friends or vice versa.

catspit

probably just using the other slots for storage/banks is a good option

Kalentan

No Red Panda's on this page?

GAF... Are you okay?

3hfI5ng.gif

;)

For reals though. I wish they would let us pre-load now on PS4. My school internet has pretty decent download speeds on hardwire, but I'm still a bit worried.

Kadin

Fuck knows how I'm gonna find my AGENTORIGINS email from weeks ago once the game launches. Kinda wish they would resend it on release day.
I would think searching your email for 'Tom Clancy's The Division' would be all you'd need to do. I'm looking at the email right now and that's the subject line. Or you can search via the email addy - news@news.ubisoft.com

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
No Red Panda's on this page?

GAF... Are you okay?

3hfI5ng.gif

;)

For reals though. I wish they would let us pre-load now on PS4. My school internet has pretty decent download speeds on hardwire, but I'm still a bit worried.

gif-baby-red-panda-Favim.com-3818331.gif

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
March is great,many games will release this month :D Especially for The division
Publishers need go take advantage of months other than October, November, and December. The less competition for a new IP, the better. It worked with BioShock and with Human Revolution, although the latter wasn't a new IP.

erawsd

Publishers need go take advantage of months other than October, November, and December. The less competition for a new IP, the better. It worked with BioShock and with Human Revolution, although the latter wasn't a new IP.

I actually think this year has a pretty good spread so far. March has The Division. April has Quantum Break. In May theres Uncharted and Doom so its a smart month to avoid. Then in June you got No Man Sky.

Lima

I actually think this year has a pretty good spread so far. March has The Division. April has Quantum Break. In May theres Uncharted and Doom so its a smart month to avoid. Then in June you got No Man Sky.

In May there is Mirror's Edge my friend. Fuck all other games in May.

erawsd

In May there is Mirror's Edge my friend. Fuck all other games in May.

I was mostly thinking new ip. Only mentioned Uncharted/Doom cause those are probably going to soak up all the attention in May so its a good month not to launch something new.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Sad part is, most of those are where they were because of delays.

Pandy

That should never really be a problem though, because there is basically always a way to either join them or for them to join you.
Even in the Beta my lvl8 felt OP to my friends lvl4, and it took a lot of fun out of the low-level encounters I was helping him with. I was using my pistol so as not to clear them out too quickly for him to have any fun.

Will have one character to blast to the max level as soon as possible, and another to only break out when particular buddies are online so that we level at a similar rate.

JJD

Guys any reason I should buy the Gold edition now?

I'm gonna grab the game but it seems that you don't even get a discount if you buy the complete package now.

Any kind of in game items worth getting the Gold Edition? I'm probably getting the DLC when it releases.

Edit: I also signed up for the free agent gear sets on that site and received the e-mail, but there isn't a code to redeem...is this bugged or something?

El_Chino

Got my confirmation from Best Buy that my copy shipped.

Have a week off starting Wednesday. Bring it on.

XBL Gt: Bubby75

I just added you Jayhawk :p

Feel free to add others from this list.

El_Chino - GT: Bronx Playboy19
PatDH - GT: PatDH1
DrBo42 - GT: DrBo
Granadier - GT: xGranadier
Lashley - GT: Lashley93
spannicus - GT: Blackstatus Red
Tawpgun - GT: Tawpgun
Eddie_Khaled - GT: XxHbk_90xX
Archpath1 - GT: Archpath1