• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
That explains why it wasnt in the beta. Since they didnt let us mess with the security wing.

Fantastic to hear they did think of the feature. Considering in the past like for GR:FS they made a pretty useful weapons range to mess with things with. Sure its not the same game and whatnots but the idea is.

funny Thing, the Futur soldier Team and massive actually worked together on a lot of stuff. like the weapon models and such.
and apparently massive got the Shooting range idea from them

deoee

That explains why it wasnt in the beta. Since they didnt let us mess with the security wing.

Fantastic to hear they did think of the feature. Considering in the past like for GR:FS they made a pretty useful weapons range to mess with things with. Sure its not the same game and whatnots but the idea is.

I never used shooting ranges tbh but it really is a nice addition :)

Maybe you can "borrow" mods to check them out etc.?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
funny Thing, the Futur soldier Team and massive actually worked together on a lot of stuff. like the weapon models and such.
and apparently massive got the Shooting range idea from them

haha that is awesome. Since while GR:FS wasnt perfect that was one of the more interesting things it added. Same with the real nice weapon models they used in game. As the shooting range really was fantastic.

The1Ski

Yeah that would be useful. They should have put it on the far right of the shop counters. Where that dude is just standing there. Its past the event board on the far right.

There is a Shooting range. with damage numbers and all.
weak Points on the Targets too.

Well aren't I just the luckiest agent in the division! 30 hours between the closed and open beta and I never found it. Wasn't really looking but oh well. Just happy that it's there!

Come oooooonn Monday at midnight!

hydruxo

Any new cosmetic DLC revealed early? The Division is all about Fashion Week in NYC

Just those German PC outfits with the helmets
packshotverkfrei_Tom_Clancys_The_Division_Military_Outfit_Pack_PC_Download_2016_03_04_14_28_31_600_H_d182feef4914c8f2703f7df68d76abb3.jpg

packshotverkfrei_Tom_Clancys_The_Division_Marine_Forces_Pack_PC_Download_2016_03_04_14_29_19_600_H_2b655c818b0d87739246b219e2a32a28.jpg

moojito

Starting to regret only taking weds-thurs-fri off instead of Tuesday, too. I'm still in the old WoW mindset of writing off launch/patch day as a disaster.

Parakeetman

Starting to regret only taking weds-thurs-fri off instead of Tuesday, too. I'm still in the old WoW mindset of writing off launch/patch day as a disaster.

It might be for the better since we all have zero idea of how the actual retails server stability will be. Even more so considering what a hit the OB was.

---

All I care about at this point is being able to get my hunters cap and bomber jacket again. Screw all that tacticool crap :)

Parakeetman

I never could make out what ex. +7% vertical stability really does in the normal fights

I always read it as reduces muzzle climb. For example (for whatever ungodly reason some idiot made the FAL burst fire), when using the FAL for example, would help with keeping the other 2 shots from climbing off target.

Siege.exe

Has anyone who ordered from Best Buy had their copy shipped yet? Forgive me if I'm off topic, just wondering if I should be worried about not getting it on launch day.

LProtag

Has anyone who ordered from Best Buy had their copy shipped yet? Forgive me if I'm off topic, just wondering if I should be worried about not getting it on launch day.

Fallout 4 and Xenoblade X from Best Buy got to me on time, and they shipped the day before or so.

Sofa King

my retailer delivered the game on friday and only noticed it in my mailbox today. are the servers up right now?

Always wondered if there are some retailers that are likely to get stuff out early. Obviously Amazon is a well oiled machine that knows how to get things out on release day, but others?

Parakeetman

Ah ok. Interesting

Id imagine its something you will want on the semi-automatic weapons a bit more than like the automatics, since you are tapping those anyways and the climb does not seem to be as bad as with the semis when firing in rapid succession.

Always wondered if there are some retailers that are likely to get stuff out early. Obviously Amazon is a well oiled machine that knows how to get things out on release day, but others?

this was the first time a game has been delivered early for me. they always start the process the firday before to get the games out on tuesday. I guess this time it was a slow day for the post office and it arrived the day it was sent out.

deoee

Id imagine its something you will want on the semi-automatic weapons a bit more than like the automatics, since you are tapping those anyways and the climb does not seem to be as bad as with the semis when firing in rapid succession.

Yeah I figured those would work better on automtic ones. The M1A had next to no kickback :D

Arun1910

Gold Edition from Amazon UK dispatched Yesterday.

"Outward RDC Volumetric Acceptance" means that Royal Mail actually have the item now. Which should mean I will get the game tomorrow as it's sent first class :D

p7wwpei.jpg

The1Ski

I think the point he was making about 7% vertical whatever was that it's tough to compare mod effects out "in the wild." Comparing effects in a controlled environment is much better, in my opinion.

I played the beta on the Xbox One, but learned all my friends were getting the game on PS4, so I preordered the Gold Edition for PS4. However, uPlay is unaware of this and will only allow me to unlock rewards for the Xbox One version.

Anybody know if there is a way to change my platform of choice in uPlay? Right now it's looking like I might have to wait until after release, when the full game registers to my uPlay account, and then check again.

Kane1345

"Outward RDC Volumetric Acceptance" means that Royal Mail actually have the item now. Which should mean I will get the game tomorrow as it's sent first class :D

p7wwpei.jpg

Just checked mine and it's on the same status. I hope you're right!

Klyka

Banned
Was there anything further on the whole Phoenix Credits thing? Can you actually buy high end gear like uPlay said?

according to data mining you get them from doing daily and weekly assignments and can then use them to buy equipment. So kinda like Destiny's legendary marks

p7wwpei.jpg

God I Hope your right as my two Gold copies are at the same stage as yours and I'd love to have it for tomorrow instead of Tuesday.

Normally go with ShopTo and would have it by now but Amazon was the only place doing the Gold Edition.

The more concering thing is my Series 9 Doctor Who is actually due from Amazon tomorrow yet the tracking for that doesnt work from Royal Mail, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom