• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division PC performance thread

Is there a clean comparison between Chromatic Aberration on/off?
I can't seem to see the difference. When/where should I test it?

Kudo

Another game where i7-6700k and GTX 780 can't get 1440p/60fps even at everything set to low.
And "Auto-Detect" settings just gives Ultra, I wonder how much time do they spend with the Auto-Detect as same thing happens in Xcom 2, "Just give 'em Ultra that's what they want".
Pascal can't come soon enough.

Is there a clean comparison between Chromatic Aberration on/off?
I can't seem to see the difference. When/where should I test it?

Look at the left and right corners of the screen in general. Also, look at paces of white light / white screen objects in those regions. They should intense colour fringing with it on.

Is this available again? Perhaps I should dl it and try it out again later... see if any technicals changed.

spannicus

Changed the resolution from 4k to 2k now i can hear the game, but its not showing on my monitor. I click the desktop the game appears then it disappears after the click. Anyone know what this is. Reboot didnt resolve it.

Look at the left and right corners of the screen in general. Also, look at paces of white light / white screen objects in those regions. They should intense colour fringing with it on.

Is this available again? Perhaps I should dl it and try it out again later... see if any technicals changed.

I think I see it now.
Everything is kinda glowing (or getting more brightness) with CA.

I think I see it now.
Everything is kinda glowing (or getting more brightness) with CA.

From your screen in the other thread. Take note of how the barbed/razor wire here has a blue and a red outline that are offset
desktopwhsjr.png

That is CA

Ulysses 31

Starting Area was in the 40-50ish with everything maxed at 1440p with a Fury X.

Game has EyeFinity support so once CrossFire is supported it should run well at 7900x1440!

For those in the low end I played a mission quickly using the high preset at 1080p with FX6300 OC/R7 260X OC. I locked it to 30fps with RTSS and it dropped to 28/29fps in some specific parts but it ran smooth most of the time, I will try tweaking a bit later and see what I get with ultra and dropping some setings but for locked 60fps you would have to drop most setting to the lowest, maybe drivers and release day patch will help a little but I think it already runs great for how it looks and considering my GPU.

Edit: Forgot to metion I had some issues with texture streaming, don't know if it's a known issue but some textures took a second to load in front of me, also seeing the requirements now, 260x is below min spec :p

Afro

Frame pacing is horrific. Been trying everything I can think of. 144hz, 120hz, 60hz, g-sync, v-sync, RTSS cap, in-game cap etc. etc. Feels awful.

Hope it's fixed in 18 days.

Corine

Gotta say was watching http://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame and they were acting like a bunch of a-holes. They adamantly denied that the game was downgraded even a single bit and then told the mods to ban anyone who proved otherwise. They seemed real shady about the whole ordeal. I asked a few times if the original GI lighting was going to return to the PC version in the final release and he just kept ignoring my question while answering all the questions posted around me.

leng jai

Performance seems disappointing on my 970. Feels similar to ROTR actually, the game is 60fps but half the time it randomly drops to 50fps. This is at 1080p no AA and a mixture of high and ultra settings.

Wow. This game looks really nice for how well it runs. I have a high refresh rate monitor so I turned the settings a bit lower than I had too, but even then I was running at 80 to 100fps with a mix of medium and high settings at 1080p, and CA/DoF/AO/Vignette all off. Object detail at 50% and extra streaming at 0% although I think I could turn that up.

I also tried turning all of the graphical settings all the way up (higher than ultra), and got 35 to 40 fps. Even just lowering the object detail and extra streaming gave me about an extra 25 to 30fps though with everything else as high as it will go. Pretty darn good.
The game uses a good bit of RAM though, even when not using the extra streaming setting. Still, 8GB is more than enough.

This is all on 290X 4GB and a i5 4690k overclocked to 4.5GHz.

Haven't tried absolute lowest settings yet, however.

Gonna download the beta and try tonight. Will post my results

i7-5820K
970 GTX
16GB DDR4
1080p g-sync unlocked up to 144

Does this game have a 60FPS cap?

Would an i5 4XXX and a 780 reach a stable 1080/60?

Also, are you at a disadvantage using a pad on PC?

You should be able to do a mix of medium and high settings. I would play around the setting until you reach your desired frame rate.

Sadly, yes, However, I use a game pad and I'm doing ok. Well...I'm not taking the game too serious and I feel more comfortable with a game pad.

M2C3

Neo Member
SLI scaling is not great, or even good.

SLI doesn't seem to work on my end either. Around 55 to 60 FPS on 2 980Ti's in the starting area. I have G-Sync as well but moving the camera around is super choppy which is strange. Somebody mentioned G-Sync was bugged with this game. Hopefully Massive can fix this by launch.

Edit: Just turned SLI off and booted the game back up. Right around 55 FPS on one 980Ti. Camera seems smoother on one GPU as well. SLI is definitely not working correctly.

Kudo

Would an i5 4XXX and a 780 reach a stable 1080/60?

Also, are you at a disadvantage using a pad on PC?

Yup, i7-6700k and GTX 780 1080p/60fps is doable, low-high settings.

Locked the FPS at 30 and High on 1440p, good enough. Character shadows still look like garbage for some reason.

Grassy

How's SLI performance for everyone? For me, it didn't seem like SLI was working. Both 980 Ti's were showing high usage percentage but I don't believe it as I was only getting about 55 FPS either maxed or close to maxed. This is at 1440p. Game was sluggish almost like G-Sync wasn't working. Will test more tonight.

This post is from the last beta, but is what I'm currently experiencing in regards to SLI performance.

6700K(stock), SLI 980Ti on latest drivers, 1440p resolution, Ultra settings and while my GPU usage says anywhere from 80-95% for both cards, my fps varies from 55-80fps. Which is about the same I get from running a single card, so the SLI scaling is broken at the moment. I'm going to try a few different SLI profiles and see what I can find.

bounchfx

seems to be running fine at max settings on a 970, it's not very impressive honestly. are there hidden settings somewhere? I might need to restart after I changed stuff though - haven't done that yet.. though I'm frozen in matchmaking so I think I have to anyway.

Someone posted that frame pacing was bad. Is that the issue where it shows its running at 60fps but there's weird stuttering going on occasionally? I have that in a few games and I never know how to fix it.

Afro

Someone posted that frame pacing was bad. Is that the issue where it shows its running at 60fps but there's weird stuttering going on occasionally? I have that in a few games and I never know how to fix it.

Yes, that's exactly what it feels like. I usually fix this by unlocking the framerate in-game and manually capping it to 60fps with RTSS (w/ g-sync or v-sync on in Nvidia Control Panel), but even that doesn't work in this game.

Another fix you might want to try (unrelated to this game's frame pacing issues) is setting Max Pre-rendered frames to 1 via Nvidia Control Panel, which I honestly do for pretty much every single game. Fixes random hitches/micro stutter.

Helznicht

With the new nvidia drivers and the announced GTX pack-in deal I was hoping for a performance increase to get it aligned with AMD cards. Looks like that didn't happen as its pretty close to the same (maybe even a little bit less).

With the new nvidia drivers and the announced GTX pack-in deal I was hoping for a performance increase to get it aligned with AMD cards. Looks like that didn't happen as its pretty close to the same (maybe even a little bit less).

ill be surprised if this isnt pretty indicative of final performance tbh

GavinUK86

Yes, that's exactly what it feels like. I usually fix this by unlocking the framerate in-game and manually capping it to 60fps with RTSS, but even that doesn't work.

Another fix you might want to try is setting Max Pre-rendered frames to 1 via Nvidia Control Panel, which I honestly do for pretty much every single game. Just a tip unrelated to this game's frame pacing issues.

that's because you need to leave vsync on. or if you use the nvidia control panel or nvidia inspector to force vsync on make sure the in game one is off. then set rivatuner to 60fps. turning it off completely isn't helping. in game vsync with rivatuner usually fixes everything for me. i play every single game that way.

Xyber

Is it? I'm running 4 Titan X's in SLI with an 5960x @ 4.4ghz and I'm only getting around 40fps with max settings (minus AA).

Well, you are running 4 card SLI which I've heard can be very hit or miss.

Have you tried only using 2 or 3 cards and see if the scaling improves?

Top Bottom