• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited - |OT| - Console edition

gossi

that is crazy stupid of MS and Sony if true a MMO without players a few months down the road and only the hardcore around. Seems like a very very short burn for consoles they would bleed faster than a PC.

I should go read the FAQ I remember getting the emails about transfering my PC to console.

You can transfer to console, it's one way.

I've had the PC version since launch - PC has had population woes for some time. Console will likely be much more popular.

aibaby

Neo Member
I think I'm done for the night. Reached level 5 and did my first solo dungeon. Game feels good so far, except for the lag in cities where there's alot of people in one area.

Oh and also:
Clannfear familiar upgrade is pretty OP.

Dunlop

Game downloaded, account linked

Is there a official PS4 gaf guild yet? Which faction?

Also I rmember squat about this game, I was gong to make a templar healing class based off of the help guide linked earler.

But I already have a lvl 35 templar on the account lol, any other recommendations for a healing class?

PSN Dunlop75

BokehKing

Banned
Man I want to be a theif /sneek/archer and the only race that benefits that directly are these short tiny wood elves, I may have to roll various toons today

Edit: made him taller but now hairstyles suck, all this old man balding and Mohawk stuff, give me a Don draper for my wood elf please

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Do you have to join a faction immediately or can you wait? I am trying to ensure all my friends can play together.

PepperedHam

So as I'm watching gameplay/streams, can you really only see you and other plays as their Gamertag/PSN ID? What's the point of naming our characters? I had a cool name picked out.

ParityBit

Man I am having a hard time deciding on a race/class combo. I have the Imperial edition so I feel compelled to make one.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Had the game crash twice on me when playing (PS4)

Wallach

Had to stay and jump across Rash Merchant's Plummet again in Stros M'kai. This game really has some garbage jumping controls, I think I do it just to give the game the finger.

m@cross

Both MS and Sony said nah. Zenimax wanted to do it.

Do you have a source for this info? Sony has a history of allowing PC/Sony play, so this would be surprising to see confirmation that Sony was against it. MS on the other hand has a history of not allowing it, so less surprising there.

Bahlor

Are there any big differences in performance since beta? I thought the framerate was quite good, but also had some lag with only a few more people in the same area. Has this been optimized? I assume the amount of players is a lot more now than during beta, especially since everybody is starting.

Rixa

Taken from here.
The European Playstation 4 megaserver is now offline for maintenance and is currently unavailable.

I was hoping to dl 15GB today and play the game later evening, but that might be empty hope.

BokehKing

Banned
The hooks are already in me and I only just escaped cold Harbor, hope to get to level 10 quick so I can join the ps4 guild

Edwardo

I finally got to the Zenimax account creation at like 4:30am, but then I got the login error right after that lol. Hopefully everything will be good to go when I get home from work tonight. I'd like to play for a few hours.

Work is definitely going to go by so slow.

Rixa

Its back up

Which is really good.

I was laughing to this tweet

TESO.PNG

To start livestream when servers are down...

Ryhian

Just picked this up on ps4. Read through thread doesn't look like ps4 guild has been created. Will check in throughout the day.

Psn: Ryhian

Man various threads across the Internet are filled with so much bitching.

#1 is no text chat
#2 is PSN/Gamertags being displayed and not player names.

Do people not research anything before they buy a game?

Mr YuYu

#1 is no text chat

Tbh, i research quite a lot before i buy a game but not really those kind of things.

Rixa

#1 is no text chat

Now it would be fabulous to have PSN name as:
"Supaher0666" or something "cool".

Anyways going to Daggerfall and going to be Altmer sorcerer. To start this game same way as I started WoW beta, being mage (prolly hybrid dps/healer).

I won't be able to play before this evening. I think the download should be done in 5-6 hours.

I'm contemplating getting an ESO Plus subscription for a month. It's the same price as 1500 Crowns, but for a month I can have 10% more EXP on top of those 1500 Crowns.
This would enable me to upgrade to the Imperial Edition for less than the standard price and still have 650 leftover Crowns to spend on whatever.

Kinsella

Banned

#1 is no text chat

Why would a normal person research something like text chat. It's an MMO. Every console MMO has text chat. Why would people expect otherwise? I don't blame anyone who is complaining about that, even people that knew ahead of time how stupid that decision was.

Voice chat is a nice option to have, but if text chat were an option, I'd turn off the voice chat while questing. Nothing worse than trying to listen to an NPC and all you actually hear is some idiot with an open mic yelling at people in his house.

Why would a normal person research something like text chat. It's an MMO. Every console MMO has text chat. Why would people expect otherwise? I don't blame anyone who is complaining about that, even people that knew ahead of time how stupid that decision was.

Voice chat is a nice option to have, but if text chat were an option, I'd turn off the voice chat while questing. Nothing worse than trying to listen to an NPC and all you actually hear is some idiot with an open mic yelling at people in his house.

Exactly this, it should have text chat.

I guess I am more baffled that they didn't know and *NOW it's a problem. Almost every Q&A on this game went over the fact that text chat and keyboard and mouse were not supported.

Trust me I'm with you that it should be there.

I'm very tempted to get this today. Psn xxRONN1Nxx

Would like to hear some people's impressions first. Is it performing good on ps4. Is it as beautiful as advertised.

Somnia

I have to say I got on this morning at 6:30AM CST to invite a few people into the X1 Guild and man it was PACKED on the newbie island for Daggerfall. Tons of people running around, was really happy to see that :)

Wallach

I have to say I got on this morning at 6:30AM CST to invite a few people into the X1 Guild and man it was PACKED on the newbie island for Daggerfall. Tons of people running around, was really happy to see that :)

Glenumbra was a madhouse. Based on the performance with that many folks I wonder how Cyrodiil will hold up, though.

Outside of Glenumbra though the performance was pretty solid all around. Other than the game's totally wack jump handling they did a great job with the controls, too. Being able to strafe slightly while sprinting is such an improvement over Skyrim's.

ParityBit

Couple questions.

1) Is there a reason to have multiple characters really? Since you can mostly use any weapon/armor/stuff (non min/max) Is it mainly for skill sets?

2) Can you have characters from different factions? Or do all characters have to be from the same faction?

PepperedHam

#1 is no text chat

Did they mention that your character name wouldn't be the one on display? It isn't a huge problem for me but I didn't see it, unless it was buried in some Q&A. I'm just slightly disappointed in that is all. Still very excited to play later today but I wasn't sure if it was a hugely broadcasted feature of the console version.

Top Bottom