• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls: Skyblivion - Teaser Trailer (Oblivion redone in Skyrim)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

"Skyblivion is a volunteer-based project by the TESRenewal modding group. We aim to bring The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to a new generation of gamers and re-introduce it to long time fans of the series."

1565957831-20190814155730-1.jpg
1565957826-20190814154617-1.jpg
1565957821-72850-20181028120541-1-1.png

That look AWESOME !

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
Looks great! The best Elder Scrolls game IMO. Too bad they cannot use Captain Picard's voice.

I have been waiting for something just like this as another reason to give this game another play through.

Any idea when a playable version might be released?

johntown

Banned
You only played that one, eh?
LOL It was the first one I played. I tried Morrowind but was not fond of no quest markers so I am waiting for Skywind. Skyrim was good but I felt the story and side quests were sub par compared to Oblivion. Main story in Oblivion was meh but the side quests were fantastic! I also was not fond of Skyrim dumbing down the RPG elements. Personally, I enjoy stat management as opposed to only perks.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
Every now and then these videos pop up, and when you check their progress they’re still far from a release.
So I am not hyped as long as they give us a propper release approximation.

Available to download until Bethesda's DMC takedown lol.
They have an agreement with Bethesda

Pfffffttttt...this is nothing. Wake me when they remake Daggerfall in the Skyrim engine. :messenger_winking:

And I'm kidding, btw. This looks great...though like other posters, I'm more interested in (and more impatient for) Skywind. Playing Morrowind on my XBO:X just isn't as fun.

johntown

Banned
Pfffffttttt...this is nothing. Wake me when they remake Daggerfall in the Skyrim engine. :messenger_winking:

And I'm kidding, btw. This looks great...though like other posters, I'm more interested in (and more impatient for) Skywind. Playing Morrowind on my XBO:X just isn't as fun.

Deanington

I always wished that Oblivion was based on the island of the Imperial City. Have the same land mass as the original game but on that island. The city itself should have been huge and more lived in as well. The island could have been littered with villages the size of the regular towns and kept all the other exploration dungeons, caves, Oblivion planes etc. If Beth would have done that it would have really brought the scale of Cyrodill into a more lore friendly scope ( I guess )? Plus that would have left the rest of the landmass and major towns open to do future games. I also really wished that they didn't remove the sense of exploration. Going from Morrowind to Oblivion and realizing that there isn't much to explore outside of the landscapes was really disappointing to me.

Stuchinoko

It looks gorgeous, but I have little faith that it will be released anytime soon. These projects always seem to end up in some limbo.

Larxia

Shouldn't they remake it in something a little more... modern ?
Projects like this take a LOT of time, especially for volunteers modders, they have been at it for years.
Also, TES VI isn't out yet so there isn't anything thing more modern than Skyrim for this project, or they would have to make something from scratch in a brand new engine which wouldn't be possible for a fan made mod like this. By using Skyrim as a base it's a lot easier and manageable, especially with how deep skyrim modding is now and all the knowledge modders have of it.

Also, Skyrim modded can still look amazing on PC, really, it's not the same experience as Vanilla Skyrim / console skyrim at all.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Man the original Oblivion must look like ass now because I swear I was more blown away and my memory keeps telling me it looked better then even this remake when it originally came out. But that is the last time I played it to.

Caffeine

Man the original Oblivion must look like ass now because I swear I was more blown away and my memory keeps telling me it looked better then even this remake when it originally came out. But that is the last time I played it to.
its hasnt aged well.

Mowcno

It looks incredibly well done... But 2025. I knew an announcement was coming this week I hoped they were going to say it'd be out by next Christmas.

The wait continues.

But which comes first this or TES6?

This

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
Honestly, the fact that they are from the finish line is killing the enthusiasm for me. Their site is also not very clear about the current progress, they should add a very simple progress bar with a percentage to get the idea and visible immediately when we land on site.

Mtv Health GIF by INTO ACTION

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
From the comments on Youtube:

"2 years to wrap things up and get it into your hands. Its been a crazy ride but we are confident we can do it.
Personally I think we can beat our estimates but as per usual it depends on how much free time we can spend on our hobby project and how many people sign up to help out after this video :) "

Saiyan-Rox

I do wish Bethesda did an official remake/remaster to tied is over until the next one.

This looks really well done though

bender

What time is it?
LOL It was the first one I played. I tried Morrowind but was not fond of no quest markers so I am waiting for Skywind. Skyrim was good but I felt the story and side quests were sub par compared to Oblivion. Main story in Oblivion was meh but the side quests were fantastic! I also was not fond of Skyrim dumbing down the RPG elements. Personally, I enjoy stat management as opposed to only perks.

slapping-slap.gif

Top Bottom