• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Moofers

gcunr.jpg

jfuvi.jpg

;)

I'm expecting one or two Shivering Isles-esque expansions...probably not until late 2012.

But hopefully we'll get lots of good patches before then.

Seanspeed

Banned
Dark Elf - Level 28 - Archery/Sneaking/Destruction/Alchemy

I basically use Alchemy to make health potions and poisons and everything else I make is sold for fat cash. I gotta be careful, though. Its so easy to level up your Alchemy skill and then selling these expensive potions levels up your Speech quickly, so my overall level has been going up quicker than I'd like.

53 hours in. Only been to Whiterun, Markarth and Falkreath. Thinking about heading north here soon, but there's still so much to do down here. I'd like to get to the Mages College, though. Leveling up Destruction takes so long, it'd be nice to find somebody who teaches it. Higher level spells are terrible value for your magicka until you unlock the half-magicka use perk for that level.

angelfly

Has anyone else become a collector of certain things in the game? I've collecting different guard uniforms and elven swords.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Got "Kill, Marked for Death". Coolest name for a shout ever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
angelfly said:
Has anyone else become a collector of certain things in the game? I've collecting different guard uniforms and elven swords.

I collect books, ingredients, and food, simply because I can't be bothered to sell any of it.

On the subject of books, I'd like for the game to distinguish between read and unread books.

vhfive

Luck
Briton (female)
Sneak (100), Lockpicking (76), One-Handed (74), Light Armor (66), Archery (49), Pickpocket (46)
lvl 35

Luthos

Nord - Level 32 - One Handed/Block/Heavy Armor/Restoration/Smithing

Basically trying to make a Paladin type character. And holy crap shields/block make this game seem easy.

Blizzard

Banned
angelfly said:
I think Pandaman posted a picture with 168 cheeses he collected during the time it took him to beat the game (at level 25).

MMaRsu

Banned
pringles said:
Lvl 25 Wood-Elf, Dovahlas Of Mirkwood.

Putting my perks mainly into Archery/Sneaking, with a bit Light-Armor and One-Handed for close combat situations. Really enjoying Alchemy as well and using that to get poisoned-arrows and healing/buffs.

This game is quite amazing.. BUT.. the amount of content is overwhelming. My map must have about 100 quest markers on it. Keeping track of who I got what quest from and why is impossible. I'm trying my best to not get stressed and to simply take my time and enjoy the game, but on days like today, when I fail to complete a single quest just because on my way there I find a cave that takes 3 hours to go through, I sort of feel like I will never come close to clearing 100% of this game.

I'll probably put it aside for a few days when I get Zelda tomorrow, just to get a bit of a breather with a game that is less massive. I have little doubt those two games will fight for my GOTY title however.
Your doing it wrong...

JaseC said:
I collect books, ingredients, and food, simply because I can't be bothered to sell any of it.

On the subject of books, I'd like for the game to distinguish between read and unread books.

they should come out with a mod that allows you to outfit mannequins with armour you've collected.

angelfly said:
Collecting books for my many bookshelves in my Markarth home. Still have a lot of work ahead of me if I want to fill them all.

LonelyIsland said:
they should come out with a mod that allows you to outfit mannequins with armour you've collected.
You serious? Cause they totally have that already. It's just bugged and doesn't work.

Philthy

Blizzard said:
I think Pandaman posted a picture with 168 cheeses he collected during the time it took him to beat the game (at level 25).

I don't know what is worse. The fact that someone would be so OCD to collect those, or the person who thought to put that many in the game. Mind is blown either way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
LonelyIsland said:

I'd litter my house with dressed mannequins were that to happen.

Edit:
MrBig said:
That's already in the game...

Oh. In my defence, I hadn't thought to try. :p

Seanspeed

Banned
angelfly said:
Books. My house in Whiterun is filled up and I've got a storage chest full of them waiting to be put out whenever I get a new house. Yesterday I actually went to the bookshelf, pulled out a book that looked interesting, sat down in a chair by the fire, drank a Nord Mead and read.

Its kinda weird how drawn into this game I can get.

anddo0

Houston3000 said:
Let's start with what characters your playing and your current level

Wood Elf -- Archery/Illusion/Alteration/Alchemy -- Level 22

Finding this build really fun, lots of sneaking and one-shot kills and brain-washing everyone else. I find the alchemy system engaging. So many ingredients(!), I always feel accomplished when I make a new potion with many multiple effects.

Alura- Breton-female-- One-hand (some dual-wield) Restoration/Destruction/Sneak-- Level 35

Credo

Luthos said:
Nord - Level 32 - One Handed/Block/Heavy Armor/Restoration/Smithing

Basically trying to make a Paladin type character. And holy crap shields/block make this game seem easy.

I've been thinking about a build like this for a while, but I haven't been able to decide if I should go with heavy or light armor. How is the heavy armor working out for you? And if you ever tried light armor, how do you like using heavy compared to light?

angelfly said:

I collect one of every little ingredient and jewel and stuff like that. I never use them.

Luthos

You know, I think the 3rd person animation is much improved. And I prefer it when fighting melee combat. (still 1st person for ranged)

However it's ruined to me when you get arrows or ice spikes stuck in your character far longer than they should.

KingK

Rhaegar: Dark Elf (level 27)-Destruction, One-Handed, Heavy Armor, and Restoration are the skill I've been using my perks on.

I'm loving my build, but I'm really really excited to start my second character eventually, who will be a stealthy theif/assassin.
Arya Stark: Nord - Archery, Sneak, Light Armor, One-Handed

I need to get off of GAF so I can focus on my shit tons of homework due tomorrow and study for an exam tomorrow, but this weekend and nearly all of next week (Thanksgiving break!) will be dedicated to Skyrim.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Lamonster said:
I'm expecting one or two Shivering Isles-esque expansions...probably not until late 2012.

But hopefully we'll get lots of good patches before then.
If it's like Oblivion, then it will be a few DLC questline/dungeon packs and a single big expansion.

No clue where they're gonna go with it. Maybe another Daedric realm? The one thing I liked in Shivering Isles was that the SI quests didn't manage to kill off relevant NPCs like Knights of the Nine did.

balddemon

Banned
what is this BULLSHIT! i'm fighting a frost dragon and #winning. then he reaches through the pillar i'm hiding behind and eats me. da fuck.

Dmax3901

Maldoror, Dunmer, lvl 32 (Light Armour, One-Handed, Block, Destruction, Restoration, Archery, Smithing)

51 hours and counting. Insanity.

AngryMoth

First time I've put the game down in frustration. Doing the thieves guild quest where
you have to break into the the wizards lab
and its incredibly frustrating. Mostly because I'm terrible at sneaking and haven'y levelled it up at all. I end up basically having to kill everyone, including city guards which will I'm guessing means I'll have a huge bounty. Will try again later.

Currently level 14

Bosmer - Sneak/Archery/Light Armor/One-handed. Love this build, one-shotting fuckers all the time. Major focus is on sneak, then archery, then daggers and eventually light armor.

Love this game.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Angry Grimace said:
If it's like Oblivion, then it will be a few DLC questline/dungeon packs and a single big expansion.

No clue where they're gonna go with it. Maybe another Daedric realm? The one thing I liked in Shivering Isles was that the SI quests didn't manage to kill off relevant NPCs like Knights of the Nine did.
They said they wouldn't do those tiny sized Oblivion DLC's anymore.

Kikarian

Dark Elf - Level 29 - Sneak/One-Handed(Dual Wield Daggers)/Light Armour/Bit of Pickpocketing. I went for a stealth/assassin build. It's good, but I need to bring Lydia along with me sometimes. However, she get's in the way and is so irritating.

There is any good merc that you can hire with money?

I'm a little tired of the same phrases from Lydia, and I have money to spend. I saw some mercs to hire, but there are any that are funny or charismatic enough?

Rolled a pure bow character, meaning, bow are my only source of damage. Things were really hard... Then I got some perks.

Honestly, this is a great change from previous Elders Scrolls, you can make a viable bow only character and it works.

I then started to dabble in Illusion and Conjuration, pure fun. Now I have to decide if I want to go further the sneak bow attack in the stealth tree.

By the way, how do you guys spread your points in magicka/health/stamina?

Seanspeed said:
For real? Where?!
There's one in the Markarth house, but it's tricky getting it to display your gear correctly.

DangerousDave said:
There is any good merc that you can hire with money?

I'm a little tired of the same phrases from Lydia, and I have money to spend. I saw some mercs to hire, but there are any that are funny or charismatic enough?
I'm a fan of Jenassa, myself. I'm going to marry that elf.

zethren

Banned
Zethren: Nord

1 handed sword
Heavy armor
Block
Smithing
Archery

Level 20, 30 hours in.

Just joined the rebellion and started sticking it to the Imperial scum. >:)

Top Bottom