• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Entire Library of South Park is Now Streaming on HBO Max (Except for the 5 Muhammad episodes)

ManaByte

"Super Best Friends" from the fifth season, "Cartoon Wars Part I and Part II" from the tenth season, "200" and "201" from the 14th season are all absent from the newly-launched streaming service because they showed a character based on the Prophet Muhammad.

The plot around that two-parter revolved around the Hall of the Super Best Friends, a superhero organization composed of the leading figures of all the world's leading religions, including the Prophet Muhammad (Comedy Central blacked out the character and bleep his name when "200" and "201" aired).

They weren't on Hulu either.

One of those episodes caused the Viacom car bomb.

rcgf8lu5wuufe30jesvr.jpg

LordCBH

It’s utter bullshit they don’t have the balls to put those episodes up but they’re fine with any other religious figure being lampooned. Either all of them are ok to be up there or none of them are. Cowards bowing to the whim of terrorists and extremists.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
South Park makes fun of everyone and goes out of it's way to offend. Why is one specific group getting special treatment?

I feel like in the current climate and with the trend of omitting and editing media, we're going to see the South Park library on streaming services get smaller and smaller as more "bad" episodes are pulled.
Because they don't make fun of everyone.

Nymphae

Banned
Buy a bunch of random shit tier dvds just to see a few episodes uncensored?

What? I was responding to Gash's statement that piracy is the only way to get uncensored content. If you want the entirety of South Park, you can still purchase it.

brap

Banned
Personal preference I suppose, I like cases and menus and special features and all that shit, you could look for rips but I also just feel better about legally purchasing content.
I don't feel better in certain situations like this. I wonder if this is a plan to get people to start buying physically again.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Simple:
Many muslims are immigrants with darker skin colors.
Since they are “brown“ they are automatically a “minority“ and also obviously not white.
The fact that they sometimes actively work against what feminism and liberalism stands for does not seem to matter to SWJs, as they are “brown“ after all.
Due to the above they deserve special treatment, therefore you can also not criticize them or make fun of their culture without triggering not only them but SWJs too.
Nothing any company these days wants to change, due to fear of being cancelled and the following loss of money.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Can't you just watch it in their site? https://southpark.cc.com

Edit: aaaah, the news is about not having all of them actually...ok.
Edit2: Welp, fuck me, it isn't available on their site either.
Only 2 options:
1. Pirate bay
2. Buy second hand dvds

I say second hand as it’s likely that future production runs will miss out the problematic content.

YCoCg

Again, this isn't something new, why are most of you crying about this now? These episodes have ALWAYS been censored or removed from streaming platforms, they have been for YEARS, yet NOW you want to bitch and moan about it and act like it's fresh?

YCoCg

So if something happened a long time ago, you shouldn't be mad at it anymore?

Wait until people hear about this, it'll solve a lot of problems we have right now.
Let's be honest, how many users here just read the thread and automatically assumed these episodes were removed recently due to recent events, which in turn causes fake outrage against Comedy Central.

Let's be honest, how many users here just read the thread and automatically assumed these episodes were removed recently due to recent events, which in turn causes fake outrage against Comedy Central.
Probably some. However, it does say "they weren't on Hulu either" in the main post and several people mentioned it before you got here. I think most people here are tired of censorship in general.

Simple:
Many muslims are immigrants with darker skin colors.
Since they are “brown“ they are automatically a “minority“ and also obviously not white.
The fact that they sometimes actively work against what feminism and liberalism stands for does not seem to matter to SWJs, as they are “brown“ after all.
Due to the above they deserve special treatment, therefore you can also not criticize them or make fun of their culture without triggering not only them but SWJs too.
Nothing any company these days wants to change, due to fear of being cancelled and the following loss of money.
That's not it. Mexicans are also mostly hispanic, and they're easily made fun of in media.

It is the violence of extremists that causes such extreme self censorship. If christians, republicans, or any other group had a similar small violent extremist minority people would also avoid making fun of them, and would treat them with kid gloves.

Darko

if you live in canada all the seasons are in crave

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Again, this isn't something new, why are most of you crying about this now? These episodes have ALWAYS been censored or removed from streaming platforms, they have been for YEARS, yet NOW you want to bitch and moan about it and act like it's fresh?

What are you on about? Those who knew said it was bad then and we're still saying it's bad now. Here's a thread from over 6 years ago saying the same thing. And shit, that's before the REE purge. Probably why it was closed, actually.

It blows my mind that this show is still being censored, and with Netflix and Hulu now removing random movies and tv show episodes as well this seems to have become the new normal. Pure insanity.

You can find so many excuses to cancel South Park, it's only a matter of time before they start removing more episodes.

It blows my mind that this show is still being censored, and with Netflix and Hulu now removing random movies and tv show episodes as well this seems to have become the new normal. Pure insanity.

You can find so many excuses to cancel South Park, it's only a matter of time before they start removing more episodes.
Wonder how Matt and Trey feel about it?

JimiNutz

Banned
This is bullshit.
The Super Best Friends and Cartoon Wars episodes were awesome.
Fucking cuck bitches.

I am super cereal triggered.

Last edited:
I'll be honest with you all:

As a Muslim who has studied and continues to study this religion, I have yet to see any evidence in Islamic Jurisprudence where a cartoon or drawing of our Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) would justify an ounce of the insane responses by Radical Muslims who either went batshit crazy on the streets or even killed a bunch of French cartoonists.

This man, an Islamic Scholar with 45+ years of experience and knowledge, is my personal teacher of Islam and this was his response to the Denmark Cartoon controversy:

Relativ9

But they kept 'With Apologies to Jesse Jackson' right? I have feeling South Park is like Joe Rogan, there is so much shit you could drag up to cancel them, but they somehow still manage to not give a shit and stay above it all.

Tesseract

Banned
I'll be honest with you all:

As a Muslim who has studied and continues to study this religion, I have yet to see any evidence in Islamic Jurisprudence where a cartoon or drawing of our Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) would justify an ounce of the insane responses by Radical Muslims who either went batshit crazy on the streets or even killed a bunch of French cartoonists.

This man, an Islamic Scholar with 45+ years of experience and knowledge, is my personal teacher of Islam and this was his response to the Denmark Cartoon controversy:

having some difficulty interpreting this post

just to be clear: violent responses to muhammad cartoons = unacceptable

correct?

Last edited:
Top Bottom