The Evil Within 2 - Halloween or Xbox One X Enhanced?

GAF, I dig horror games. TEW was a tad divisive in some of its design decisions but I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially on the run up to Halloween.

But now I find myself conflicted. TEW2 comes out next week, but is also slated to be one of the Xbox One X enhanced games. With the X coming out not long after, I'm half tempted to wait.

Do I play it on release in those spooky pre-halloween weeks or do I wait and see it in it's (potentially) 4k glory?

There are alternatives for Halloween games, a whole load of indie Horror games I looked through in another thread, maybe the Resi 7 dlc, and even TEW 1 again but are the enhanced visuals worth the wait?

What are your thoughts GAF.

Since you dig horror games in general and not just for Halloween specifically, I'd say to better wait for the Xbox X enhancements. Should be worth the wait. Maybe there are other spooky games you can play this Halloween?

Im getting it day 1 since i have the pre order(pro} but i indend to play it over halloween along with mario and stranger things
That said, i say wait a tad bit longer to see how it runs currently. Unless theyre doing high fps mode or something and its fine on current gen i say go for it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That's mostly up to you. If you care about graphics and you are willing to wait then get it when Xbox one X comes out.
I personally don't own Xbox one and I don't plan on getting Xbox one X, so I'm buying it day one for my PS4 pro.

Day 1 for me. A second playthrough on a harder difficulty on the XB1X say will make you appreciate the graphical upgrade more than if you just played it fresh.

I don't think buying a Bethesda game on release is a good idea with how well the "we don't send out review copies" policy is working out for them pricing-wise. Their stuff is falling in price very, very quickly at retail here in the UK.

Might be worth waiting and find some other horror games to play.

If you have a PS4 / PS4 Pro and PSVR, play Resident Evil 7 in VR, it's perfect for Halloween and one of the best horror experiences ever. :)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'd say wait, I will always advocate playing the best version of a game available to you, even if it means waiting a little bit. Also it's not that much of a wait.

Play Alien Isolation instead, if you have played it already, then play it again.

Might be worth waiting and find some other horror games to play.

If you have a PS4 / PS4 Pro and PSVR, play Resident Evil 7 in VR, it's perfect for Halloween and one of the best horror experiences ever. :)
I'd love to, everyone who has raves about it. Have to say I'd probably bottle it around the
Margeurite
fight.

I'd say wait, I will always advocate playing the best version of a game available to you, even if it means waiting a little bit. Also it's not that much of a wait.

Play Alien Isolation instead, if you have played it already, then play it again.
I might be leaning this way, even to make the feel like more a "proper" console release and feel like I have new games to play on it. TEW2, Wolfenstein 2 and Battlefront 2 could make quite the visual showcase.