• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Falsified Pastry Portal: Still Alive Official Thread of 1200 Microsoft Points

joaomgcd

Death_Born said:
If it saved WITH warning, it would flash a message on the screen:

"This game will autosave in 5 seconds."

Then autosave just like before.

Hmm, I guess you can read it like that. I just thought it was part of the whole funny/sarcastic portal humour.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
the free map pack is only on PC (I have it on 360)? I thought this was Portal + Flash map pack.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mimir said:
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay - Developer's Cut (PC) has a pretty cool developer commentary you can turn on after you beat the game once.

On that note I believe this feature dates back to at least Star Wars: Episode 1: Battle for Naboo.

One of the few games in recent years that I really missed having on PC - some of the achievements (Aperture Science) is almost impossible on the 360 - it needs keyboard and mouse.

EazyB

Banned
Went ahead and downloaded the game even though I own The Orange Box. It'll be nice to have a digital copy that I can play without popping the disc in but mostly I wanted to support Valve and the Portal guys. I figure The Orange Box was such a great value that they deserve the money. I'm also hoping this'll do well and we'll see more "large" games like this one on XBLA.

Never played portal but I bought this because a friend told me to :lol

When do i know i'm playing the new levels?

I did breeze through level 1-18 in under an hour and a half and then i started to play llevel 19 which i don't even know how long that is :lol or am i already done with it?

PacoDG

DMPrince said:
Never played portal but I bought this because a friend told me to :lol

When do i know i'm playing the new levels?

I did breeze through level 1-18 in under an hour and a half and then i started to play llevel 19 which i don't even know how long that is :lol or am i already done with it?

Oh, you'll know when you are done with 19 (the credits roll).

The "Challenge" maps are the new levels.

alr1ghtstart said:
If I played the original Portal + the 2D flash version, should I get this?

I beat the game on the orange box, but never owned it, so I just bought portal and beat the game again. now im going through the new maps. i think it is well worth the purchase.. and now my love for the game has been rekindled, im trying to sway others on my friends list into buying it as well. so, yes, but it if you have the spare cash, its a worthy game.

PacoDG said:
Oh, you'll know when you are done with 19 (the credits roll).

The "Challenge" maps are the new levels.

oh okay. well i just got done with the 19 levels! Really fun but way too easy.

Time to finish off the achievements and do the challenge maps ;o

Downloaded this a couple of nights ago, and man what a game!!

It's hopelessly addictive and great fucking fun to boot. So glad I bought this one. Fucking demos for the motherfucking win.

Totally worth the 1200.

Nick The Newbie said:
I already beat portal several times on the pc version. Is this worth it?

If this isn't a joke post, I stand firmly by the fact that the PC version of any FPS is the best version. Mouse + keyboard control is clearly better.

Death_Born said:
If this isn't a joke post, I stand firmly by the fact that the PC version of any FPS is the best version. Mouse + keyboard control is clearly better.
I'm just wondering if the extra levels are worth the 15 bucks.

Nick The Newbie said:
I'm just wondering if the extra levels are worth the 15 bucks.

You might as well buy the PC version for $10 and download the extra levels for free. The console version is still overpriced, I would recommend it only if you didn't play it on PC and your PC sucks.

This achievement "Out of the Blue" (Enter through Orange Portals Only) seems like it could present some problems. Especially at the end of Test Chamber 18. In fact, that seems impossible.

Feep

Banned
Buttonbasher said:
This achievement "Out of the Blue" (Enter through Orange Portals Only) seems like it could present some problems. Especially at the end of Test Chamber 18. In fact, that seems impossible.
If you come up through a blue portal, fire another blue portal at the next platform, then quickly look down again and fire an orange. This isn't easy, but it's certainly doable.

Feep said:
If you come up through a blue portal, fire another blue portal at the next platform, then quickly look down again and fire an orange. This isn't easy, but it's certainly doable.
Ah. That makes sense.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Magnus said:
Man, I loved in-game developer commentary -- do any other games feature this?

yeah that was a nice touch...i just finished episode 2 last night and noticed that it also had the same feature (haven't checked it out yet, so i cant comment on the quality). dont know of any beyond those two :(

Death_Born said:
You might as well buy the PC version for $10 and download the extra levels for free. The console version is still overpriced, I would recommend it only if you didn't play it on PC and your PC sucks.
Well I already have the PC version. Where can I download the extra levels?

atomsk

Party Pooper
all i've got left is "Out of the Blue"

it's tempting to go back to Orange Box and get the achievements i'm missing there, but then i see that i need to get gold on all challenges, and i'm far too lazy for that.

PacoDG

I still need to get the Is Anyone There? one. I seen the achievements for the game before release and so I played with only going through orange portals in mind, but I guess I messed up somewhere along the way :(

I would buy more maps if they offered it up as DLC.

atomsk

Party Pooper
finished it. all achievements get! i can get through the game in about an hour now

now i can finally start up Fable 2 :lol

Top Bottom