• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The famous industry insider Shpeshial_Nick admits his source for Sly Cooper scoop was a post on r/GamingLeaksAndRumors containing dead 4chan links

Bartski

Gold Member

hn3c6wf.jpg

the post:

bgC3fls.jpg

LgPunYK.jpg

hxVRMq7.png

Last edited:

Fredrik

Ouch!
But at least he wasn’t caught sending dick pics to find another inside source, could’ve been worse lol, still have some dignity left, maybe

MadPanda

Banned
I stopped visiting xboxera because, among other things, sometimes I felt like I was in a hive as they were all defending and praising him. If there was an add-on for browser's to filter every supposed insider and leaker I'd even pay for it.

Its because ALL leakers are fake, they only have 1 or 2 friends in PR, thats why they can only leak before an events, and in case of schenider or werever that rat is called, because he contact ANGRY employees,
The ACTUAL People Who have friends in dev teams like many in this forum or industry are not going to fuck up their friends, their carreers and moment even if they know alot of stuff, for fuck sake i know a few things People are going to see in a few years, and im pretty sure like other 50 know about it too, the gaming industry have secrets but are not that secret

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
If anyone wants some gaming rumours, I can make a twitter account and share things I make up there.

Lol at that discord shot. I bet you could say "new PlayStation 5 pro launching August with new Last of Us, God Of War, Metal Gear and new Horizon campaign packed in. $600" and he'd immediately say "yeah, I know."

Last edited:
Baited by Karma whores :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I love how anyone can be a credible source nowadays. Well, I want a Sly Cooper 5 or a reboot (4 was fucking atrocious for the most part) as anyone else but we got stop feeding the ego of these people.

anthony2690

Banned
Is this guy Robert Serrano's cousin?

I'm honestly amazed as to why people even waste time with insiders.

The only ones with accuracy is insiderwtf, Tom Henderson (even if his good state opinion on stuff is dubious) & Jeff Grubb (awful speculations though)

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I wish people could just stop giving a single fuck about what any "insider" has to say, since they are all there mainly because of the attention they get from the public.

It's pretty simple and even The Simpsons had this figured out years ago.

Once you understand what an insider is you realize that if they are out in the open they either are larping or they are doing PR for a company.

See, these insiders have some mental disorders to address. 'My sources'....is definitely the new 'My uncle works at Nintendo' ...maybe these people were the ones using that phrase when they were kids.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
these leakers need to seek some psychological help
They cant help themselves. They have literallly become addicted to the dopamime boost they get from new twitter followers and retweets, and they NEED to ride that high for as long as they can. So you have these desperate people popping up left and right because they have no self confidence and twitter interactions are the only way they can feel good about themselves

teezzy

Banned
And why is this guy famous to begin with?

He isn't. Hes a staff member at XboxEra, also a regular on their podcast

Cool site if you're an Xbox fanboy like I am tbh

nush

We'll look back at 2022 as a year of "Leaker culture" and laugh/cringe.

The only thing they care about is building followers they can later milk for superchats and Pateron subs. Fake journalism for $$$.

Crayon

Ugh. I like Nick.

Some of my favorite people from here and era are actually the huge ms fanboys because I've been trolling them for years and years. It's a funny way to get to know someone, but you become familiar nonetheless.

I was surprised when he got into the weird position of an insider, tho. He never pretended to know anything and then he did. I didn't notice that transition. It's made me embarrassed for him. He's clearly done it to himself, but still.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This guy sucks. Zero credibility and a console warrior.

His Sly Cooper "leak" was based on the Chess commercial (white vs black) from last summer, which had a bunch of Easter eggs in it.

Last edited:

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Hes been chatting shit for so long like most of these so called insiders. The only 1 that I will pay attention to is Jez Cordon, hes subtle about things and it feels he dosnt just do it for the clicks, I enjoy hes and Rands podcast aswell.

Elios83

Loool industry insider :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
These people just want attention to see their followers, likes, subscribers grow.
But they're only one side of the problem.
The other is people starved for news who are willing to believe everything they say and take it for granted just because they got something right.

Top Bottom