• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The famous industry insider Shpeshial_Nick admits his source for Sly Cooper scoop was a post on r/GamingLeaksAndRumors containing dead 4chan links

He had a serious Sony hateboner during a podcast when they were talking Starfield & RedFall delays so I've never put stock in him when it came to Sony-related rumors or leaks. This and SP's own statement the other day just solidify that for me.

Believe a supposed insider who gets his rumors and leaks about Sony games from an Xbox Discord channel? Sure, go right ahead.:ROFLMAO:

They revere these insiders the way people in the Dark Ages revered the popes. And we saw what that led to....

Snother "insider" mading up "leaks". Nice to see Sony/Sucker Punch recently clearly debunked it clearly mentioning that nobody is working on Sly or Infamous:

https://www.suckerpunch.com/categor...mous-2-ugc-maintenance-and-legacy-franchises/

image.png

Good that they are debunking the rumor BS, but bad (IMO) that there's really no one even working with Sly Cooper. InFamous I can understand, but Sly? Still lots of potential with that IP just sitting there dormant.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Only credible leakers I remember off the top of my head are ntktnl and the recent snitch guy.

One posted Xbox leaks and the other PS leaks with basically 100% accuracy.

The rest are fakes or just get lucky shotgunning random stuff where some of it will be true.

Just remember how hilarious it was when Series X was 12 tf and PS5 10 tf when all those insiders a few years ago were all over the place from 9 - 14 tf. Only a handful got the systems right and that could had been lucky guesses too.

99% of these guys know nothing.

As usual there counter response will be “well, my info was accurate at that time but the company changed it last minute”.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
This guy is a total fraud. Not sure how Grubb is banned here and this guy isn’t. Grubb nailed the Kojima thing and a bunch of other stuff. He definitely has real sources.

Only credible leakers I remember off the top of my head are ntktnl and the recent snitch guy.

One posted Xbox leaks and the other PS leaks with basically 100% accuracy.

The rest are fakes or just get lucky shotgunning random stuff where some of it will be true.

Just remember how hilarious it was when Series X was 12 tf and PS5 10 tf when all those insiders a few years ago were all over the place from 9 - 14 tf. Only a handful got the systems right and that could had been lucky guesses too.

99% of these guys know nothing.

As usual there counter response will be “well, my info was accurate at that time but the company changed it last minute”.

Heck I even saw a really fake leak that said the PS5 could drop to 4TFs due to its variable clocks. Crap ton of people were making things up where power was concerned.

Top Bottom