Here I take a look at the Sega Master System in the United States. How it fared during its life, and ultimately how things ended up.
1. Captured on the Mega SG.
2. TecToy, the Brazilian company that distributed the Master System, still sells a version of it to this very day.
3. The European sales of the Master System far exceeded the US. It wasn't even close.
4. The final 4 games for the system in the US only have a UPC sticker on them to differentiate them from their European counterparts. And people pay crazy prices for them.
5. The redone Master System II had Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in.
6. I remember when they phased out the SMS II, it was just $19.99.
7. Many of the Game Gear games that were released in US, actually had Master System versions in Europe and Brazil.