• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster series has now reached 3 million copies sold across PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Steam, and mobile

Film Festival Girlfriends GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival
you will be mine.....

I imagine that means the sales of each of the FF Pixel remasters, as well as the collection. That would also be over the course of a few years since they've been available on the various platforms. Still a pretty good target for sales numbers, considering most of the games are quite old.

Dthomp

Worst part is that there are alot of folk like myself that want to own a physical copy of the PS4 version of the game, but the only way to get it is dropping 1k or more on ebay since they only had preorders for a dumb limited amount of time. A second printing of the game would just be more free money that they don't seem to want for some reason.

MrA

Banned
I imagine that means the sales of each of the FF Pixel remasters, as well as the collection. That would also be over the course of a few years since they've been available on the various platforms. Still a pretty good target for sales numbers, considering most of the games are quite old.
Sold 1 million copies since may, id say the ps4 and switch versions are selling quite well,

Power Pro

I thought no one liked old turn based style RPGs in their final fantasy anymore Square?

I still think a good turn based system can be so much more engaging than whatever they've been doing with 15 and 16. 16 was a lot better than 15 to be fair, but it eventually became tedious and boring to me.

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute with a sale or 6 (not sure if they count each individual FF title as a distinct sale) once I grab that Switch physical release from Play Asia later this year.

Lost a sale from me due to limited physical copies!

Maybe pick it up when on sale!

It's currently in stock at Play Asia if you're okay with the multi-language Switch physical release: https://www.play-asia.com/final-fantasy-i-vi-pixel-remaster-collection-multi-language/13/70g0qp
FWIW this is the SKU I plan on grabbing as it's available at a sane price and it gets restocked regularly.

Last edited:

Hardensoul

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute with a sale or 6 (not sure if they count each individual FF title as a distinct sale) once I grab that Switch physical release from Play Asia later this year.

It's currently in stock at Play Asia if you're okay with the multi-language Switch physical release: https://www.play-asia.com/final-fantasy-i-vi-pixel-remaster-collection-multi-language/13/70g0qp
FWIW this is the SKU I plan on grabbing as it's available at a sane price and it gets restocked regularly.
I do have a Play-Asia account. I hadn't check for it since release month. Cool, may have to add on something to get free shipping. Thanks!

Last edited:

Hardensoul

The Special edition, same with Octopath 2 special edition they made them limited and exclusive to their store. On top of that they also made it too pricey for normal fans to even consider buying. Each over $200-$300. SMH

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I thought no one liked old turn based style RPGs in their final fantasy anymore Square?

I still think a good turn based system can be so much more engaging than whatever they've been doing with 15 and 16. 16 was a lot better than 15 to be fair, but it eventually became tedious and boring to me.
The only reason these games are even tolerable nowadays is because of auto battle. It’s an annoyance on the rare occasion when you have to manually command your party members in a non-boss battle.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Wish they'd hurry up and patch the Steam versions with the QoL changes from the console releases. I mean, I bought the physical Switch version just to have it, but I'd rather play the Steam releases on the Deck.

Dr_Ifto

Really wish the versions were in the 2.5d ratio. Like full remake into that. I have played through 1-5 so far. Will do ff6 when I have more time and no distractions.

3million seems low, but is that 3 million complete sets, and 18m games sold, or 3m games sold from the 6 available.

Last edited:

ByWatterson

These are so, so good. Get them all in the full-price bundle. It's worth it just for the history alone, and at least three of them are worth owning as actual, great games, maybe four.

xrnzaaas

Impressive result. According to psprices the PS4 versions weren't in any sales since the launch. And they cost a lot for remasters of such old titles.

Top Bottom