• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first game you finished

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
for me it was ...........................

Holy shit, I loved that! And Betty Boo 👀

The first game I actually remembering completing was..

w7NaDYX.jpeg

Christ it was hard.

Kumomeme

tumblr_n8qg5qDiVK1sorarco1_r1_500.gifv

first game i properly finished. i still keep notebook i made as a kid where i write all my strategy, tips and stuff i discovered in game.

sGDrMo.gif

damn i can almost hear the music again in my head.

this thread just bring me nostalgia.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Probably Pokémon Red. I had other games at the time, but that was the first one I stuck with because the hype was real. As a child in the 90s, Pokémon was simply everywhere. In the schoolyard, on TV, on the Gameboy, in stores. It had something magical.

I can’t really remember after such. Long time, but I guess it was either Beverly Hills Cop or Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker on an Amstrad CPC. My first computer before I finally got a Commodore 64.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I'm old enough that this means the first game that you owned that had an ending. So Super Mario Brothers. On Atari the closes thing to finishing a game was getting back to the beginning in Pitfall. Most games just kept giving you harder levels and maybe repeating them. It is possible that I beat Smurfs on Colecovision, but I think they still bring you back to the start on a harder version.

Duchess

I normally post about Fire Ant on the Commodore Plus 4. But I've now remembered the SECOND game that I ever finished: Treasure Island:

I actually remember getting pretty good at it, and my brother and I would love playing through it, and escaping Long John Silver each time.

yamaci17

if I have to guess

can't really remember though. I'm sure its not the 1st game as we got that much later (yeah weird, I know). can't be red alert 1 which I played a lot but I didn't know any English back then to understand what the game wanted so I always got stuck in certain levels. can't be Sims as it doesn't really have an ending... so gotta be hp 2

Top Bottom