• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first game you finished

Monokrom

samantha_fox_strip_poker_01.png

;)

Not really. Can't recall the absolute first game but it must have been on the C64. 1985-ish.

Last edited:

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Can't remember. Mental illness sucks.

I want to say Sonic on genesis. I had a habit of picking games that I could never finish due to my poor skills I guess.

Fredrik

Shadow of the Beast. Commodore 64.

You had to break the final bosses toenail to beat him.

gZWI5Em.jpeg
lmao I never finished it myself but that’s hilarious 😄 hit the weak point for massive damage!

Shadow of the Beast 2, a friend reached the final boss several times but it always crashed. And no save. Ouch. Was quite possibly one of the most difficult game ever made.

CashPrizes

Contra on NES is a pretty good bet (with the 30 lives code of course. Beat it normally later on) If not that it was probably Super Mario Brothers.
I owned several games on the Intellevision but I don't know that I beat any, most of them were Hi-Score games and not really beatable.

DarkBatman

SBI’s Employee of the Year
When my parents gave me the PlayStation for my birthday, they immediately wanted to include a game (thank God). However, since they had no idea about games at all, they simply saw a cover with a cartoon devil and grabbed it, hoping it would be perfect for a child. This was the first game I finished.

Jersey_Devil_PSX.jpg

ReBurn

Gold Member
The first game I finished was Raiders of the Lost Ark on the Atari 2600.
94453019-item-big-AT26-RAIDERSO-A-1.jpg

6773a2a5d08cea90ea4f9e0f1f4fe500.jpg
That was one of my favorite 2600 games, and not because it was one of the best games. It took some work to figure out how to navigate the world and find what you needed to get to the ark and it was so satisfying to get to the end. The world wasn't quite as obtuse as the Swordquest games but it was up there.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
samantha_fox_strip_poker_01.png

;)

Not really. Can't recall the absolute first game but it must have been on the C64. 1985-ish.
As long as you 'finished' then I guess it counts.
Back 2 Skool - is the first game I remember finishing.
Backtoskoolzx.jpg

I'm not counting stuff like Yie ar Kung fu as that was trivial to beat once through.

Havoc2049

That was one of my favorite 2600 games, and not because it was one of the best games. It took some work to figure out how to navigate the world and find what you needed to get to the ark and it was so satisfying to get to the end. The world wasn't quite as obtuse as the Swordquest games but it was up there.
I agree. Raiders is definitely in my Top 20 on the 2600. It's like a more advanced Adventure. The Swordquest series is garbage. 🤣

SHA

Doom 2, Megaman X, Hexen, Duke Nukem 3D, Mortal Kombat 3, minesweeper, Solitaire, I don't remember which one but I've beaten them all since I was 8 years old.

Last edited:
Top Bottom