• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first on set pictures of Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik/Eggman from the Sonic The Hedgehog movie

Vlaphor

Edit - No it isn't. Everyone thought it was, but it's not him.

00fX55P.jpg

I feel that Dennis Hopper looked more like King Koopa than Jim Carrey looks like

ghJPPHQ.png

I never had any hope for this movie, so I'm glad to see my expectations are being met.

Last edited:
I already see this coming from a mile away. I’m getting a Super Mario Bros movie vibes from this movie and that’s not a good thing.

CatCouch

I love the Super Mario Bros. movie. It's so bad it's good. I could honestly enjoy this if it's the same type of disconnected from the source material nonsense that can take a life of it's own just because it's so nonsensical.

MayauMiao

00fX55P.jpg

I feel that Dennis Hopper looked more like King Koopa than Jim Carrey looks like

ghJPPHQ.png

I never had any hope for this movie, so I'm glad to see my expectations are being met.

Jim Carrey looks more fitting to play Dr.Light in a Mega Man movie.

DrLightMegaMan.png

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Who's funding this turd? Please tell me it isn't Sega. After years of building up their IPs and acquiring companies this seems like a terrible move.

Stuart360

If this makes 100mil in the US, i'll be shocked, and i used to follow box office hardcore and was a member of Box Office Mojo. I just cant see it.

Vlaphor

This was confirmed fake news btw, that isn’t Carrey. (Obviously)

Well, shit. Just saw that myself

VIDEO GAME MOVIES HAVE BEEN BAD ENOUGH THAT I HAD NO PROBLEM BELIEVING THAT.

Besides, there is still a pic of Green Hills Sheriff's Office, that pretty bad as well.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Real or fake just throw it all in the trash. Sonic has been through enough.

JimiNutz

Banned
If the movie is going to be bad then I at least hope that it isn't bland. Give me something weird and disturbing like the SMB movie.

I fear this is literally just going to be a boring, bland movie featuring human characters, in a human town with a shitty CGI Sonic that appears now and then.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Why not do an awesome sonic animated movie with an amazing voice acting cast?
^This. Why make live action of series that's about cartoony looking characters!!? This just doesn't make any sense at all. Have they learned nothing from that turd Dragon Ball Evolution movie? They can't even make proper live action from series like Ghost in the Shell or Death Note that had much more realistic artstyle.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
^This. Why make live action of series that's about cartoony looking characters!!? This just doesn't make any sense at all. Have they learned nothing from that turd Dragon Ball Evolution movie? They can't even make proper live action from series like Ghost in the Shell or Death Note that had much more realistic artstyle.
Tbh bleach and full metal alchemist on netflix. Was pretty fun for longtime fans 🤔

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Tbh bleach and full metal alchemist on netflix. Was pretty fun for longtime fans 🤔
I'm huge FMA fan and fucking hated that movie. Even Conqueror of Shamballa was 1000X better.

Last edited:
If the movie is going to be bad then I at least hope that it isn't bland. Give me something weird and disturbing like the SMB movie.

I fear this is literally just going to be a boring, bland movie featuring human characters, in a human town with a shitty CGI Sonic that appears now and then.

That's probably exactly what it's going to be, like that terrible DTV Woody Woodpecker movie.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Does Sega is involved in this? Because it looks like.

But let's be optimistic. Maybe is the initial look, before Robotnik became evil or something

Vawn

Banned
So I'm not insane. I've been staring at that guy trying to figure out how that was Jim Carrey. It's not.

Akuza89

I don't get it ... why would you make a live action movie about a hedgehog...

I mean I get that it's meant to be like space jam / who framed roger rabbit... but surely a CGI film would have been easier..?

Top Bottom