• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

ZeroX03

Banned
Okay just caught up on the last fifteen minutes. This episode was totally meant to air two weeks ago and be a Valentine's cliffhanger before the break lol. Especially considering we got the triple whammy of Barry proposing, Wally and Jesse (who is secretly Savitar) and the hint of King Shark vs. Grodd. You know that's going to happen now. They were like, how do we one up a fight between Solovar and Grodd? OH WE KNOW HOW

I wish we got to learn more about Solovar. Would've been nice if he and Barry could've talked a little. The whole mercy/killing angle felt underdeveloped too, even after last week.

"The Wrath of Savitar" Promo

jb1234

Like with Supergirl, it feels like the writers are piling on the romantic relationships. Problem is, the only one I feel is working is Gypsy and Cisco (and it's barely a relationship at this point). Their scenes crackle. On the other hand, Jesse/Wally are kinda cute but their romance has been so rushed that I barely feel there's a foundation.

Worse is Barry/Iris. The actors try very hard but I just don't sense the chemistry. They still feel more like brother and sister to me and every scene between them puts me to sleep. This is becoming a big problem for me because so much of this season's arc revolves around saving Iris, a character who seemingly only exists for Barry at this point. When was the last time we even saw her at work?

And having Harry around (even in asshole mode) just made me realize how much I dislike HR in comparison.

I mostly wrote about the relationships because everything surrounding Grodd and his team of gorillas felt like an afterthought, despite how much screen time their plot got. I was disappointed with season 2 because it felt like the writers were frequently having trouble keeping their many balls up in the air. This season has been even more disappointing on that front. It's not quite as stuck at this point as Supergirl has gotten but "save Iris" just isn't enough to propel this season forward, especially while Savitar remains undeveloped.

ZeroX03

Banned
Who was the speedster gypsy was talking to?
The Accelerated Man

Like with Supergirl, it feels like the writers are piling on the romantic relationships. Problem is, the only one I feel is working is Gypsy and Cisco (and it's barely a relationship at this point). Their scenes crackle. On the other hand, Jesse/Wally are kinda cute but their romance has been so rushed that I barely feel there's a foundation.

Worse is Barry/Iris. The actors try very hard but I just don't sense the chemistry. They still feel more like brother and sister to me and every scene between them puts me to sleep. This is becoming a big problem for me because so much of this season's arc revolves around saving Iris, a character who seemingly only exists for Barry at this point. When was the last time we even saw her at work?

And having Harry around (even in asshole mode) just made me realize how much I dislike HR in comparison.

I mostly wrote about the relationships because everything surrounding Grodd and his team of gorillas felt like an afterthought, despite how much screen time their plot got. I was disappointed with season 2 because it felt like the writers were frequently having trouble keeping their many balls up in the air. This season has been even more disappointing on that front. It's not quite as stuck at this point as Supergirl has gotten but "save Iris" just isn't enough to propel this season forward, especially while Savitar remains undeveloped.

Difference from Supergirl is that stuff actually happens on Flash.
Supergirl is like 90% relationships, far less than 10% Supergirl/not relationship Kara.
Flash at least has "science" and proper villains in there as well, not to mention proper character development(Julian for example).

caliph95

Oh now Barry has a problem with killing, give me a break.
Also if you don't have the budget for Gorilla invasion don't bother.
Can we have a Wally or Earth 19 show instead.

ShadyK54

I don't remember Gypsy appearing before. Was she in another episode? I also thought she has phasing powers.

Yeah, she showed up a couple of episodes ago (don't remember which specific one). As for her powers, I think she's just basically Cisco's female counterpart. I could be wrong, though.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Are they ever going to fix the exterior?? Why hasn't HR done anything about this? How can he expect tourist if the building looks like it's been demolished by a particle accelerator?!

RzzPSv7.jpg

I don't remember Gypsy appearing before. Was she in another episode? I also thought she has phasing powers.

She was the main villain of an episode. Basically, HR's world made interdimensional travel a crime punishable by death after an invasion from another universe. She was the bounty hunter sent to collect him. Cisco dueled her for HR's life.

She's basically Cisco with more experience using her powers.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That was an alright episode. Started off really strong and then lost steam for me. all the solutions were just too convenient.

Wally and Jesse are cute together. Hope their relationship lasts.

Barry proposing to Iris was genuinely shocking. Now I'm worried she might actually die. Seems like such a huge step for one of these shows to take considering they just started dating. Not unbelievable since they know each other really well, but usually these relationships get stretched out.

Barry saying his great grandfather had that ring during World War 2 made me feel old as shit for some reason lol

ZeroX03

Banned
The engagement will be called off when Joe dies, dw people

But in the comics she has Kitty's powers right?

Ehhhh she creates illusions that can act as invisibility, some telepathic stuff. You're thinking of her appearance in Justice League Unlimited.

Barry saying his great grandfather had that ring during World War 2 made me feel old as shit for some reason lol

To be fair, I've said it before, it's odd that you're a WWII vet posting on NeoGAF. I know retirement homes are boring but c'mon.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
To be fair, I've said it before, it's odd that you're a WWII vet posting on NeoGAF. I know retirement homes are boring but c'mon.

I remember when the only superhero shows on The WB were Birds of Prey and Smallville. You had to walk uphill in the snow to watch it live (cause there was no streaming) and we were happy to do it.

Magwik

Banned
I honestly cannot take Savitar seriously with that CGI. It's almost embarrassing levels of bad. I'm willing to toss it up to the poor design of him though.

There were some shots in that trailer that looked less CGI.

When his vents are open and he's all chrome and glow, that's definitely CGI.

But there were some shots of his vents closed with minimal glow and his metal is much duller- those shots almost looked like they could be a Power Rangers rubber suit.

Oh now Barry has a problem with killing, give me a break.
Also if you don't have the budget for Gorilla invasion don't bother.
Can we have a Wally or Earth 19 show instead.

Seriously, did he not kill a couple villains in the start of S2? I know he kills Atom Smasher at the very least.

Come on guys,
We a getting pretty cool stuff via that shitty CG.

Do you want this to become Lois and Clark, Smallville, Supergirl or the first 2 seasons of Shield?
or heck even Legends where the most powerful character has to sit out 90% of the time*.

*though that does bring up, why is mini-Ray always CG instead of just recording him on green screen and compositing him small in the required shots.

caliph95

#Earth2LivesMatter

It's funny he shows more concern for Grodd's wellbeing than a lot of villains he faced. Even though the earth 2 villains were forced by Zoom.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Harambe something something
Cecil the lion something something
Jimmy Kimmel crying something something

Xenoboy

There were some shots in that trailer that looked less CGI.

When his vents are open and he's all chrome and glow, that's definitely CGI.

But there were some shots of his vents closed with minimal glow and his metal is much duller- those shots almost looked like they could be a Power Rangers rubber suit.

That's because it is a rubber suit. They are mixing both.
Either way, this episode was a little bit slow, would have liked some more action but I really liked the Gorilla showdown. That cliffhanger tho...

carlsojo

Gorilla episodes fell pretty flat for me.

I guess Wally can't save Iris if he becomes/is possessed by Savitar and it looks like that's where we're headed. Barry vs. Wally would be a pretty good matchup.

I wonder if Black Flash could take Savitar? Would be a great excuse for Thawne and Barry to team up. Barry would totally help Thawne with Black Flash to get him to help save Iris.

Man the Flash and several other the TV OTs have fallen pretty hard in participation this season. This two-parter was kind of a dud and the budget cuts are starting to really show and the writing can't make up for it. I still want it to turn out Gypsy is a female double of Cisco, just ruin Cisco.

Right? Barry isn't that much older than me and I have grandparents who were old enough to have taken a part in WWII. Though on the flipside I've also had friends my age whose grandparents weren't so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NeonBlack

Man the Flash and several other the TV OTs have fallen pretty hard in participation this season. This two-parter was kind of a dud and the budget cuts are starting to really show and the writing can't make up for it. I still want it to turn out Gypsy is a female double of Cisco, just ruin Cisco.

There's no rule against banging the alternate universe version of yourself.

Top Bottom