• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

I thought the episode was good, not great but good. The CGI was bad, but to be honest i don't generally expect tv show cgi to be even this good. so its not really a complaint for me. the ending though, didn't see that coming without any buildup... how did he return!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Superheroes and Supervillains have already become completely normalized to the people of Central City. It's basically Powerless for these people.

What still bothers me about this iteration of Flash is how he still needs people to tell him what to do. Like, doesn't his speed also help him process information at the speed of light? He should be able to think of multiple solutions to a problem in an instant. I know that him being able to do this would render his team useless.

Toa TAK

Banned
What still bothers me about this iteration of Flash is how he still needs people to tell him what to do. Like, doesn't his speed also help him process information at the speed of light? He should be able to think of multiple solutions to a problem in an instant. I know that him being able to do this would render his team useless.
Are you saying you want less Catlin and Iris????

tim1138

That was super annoying when he was trying to crack the code on last night's episode. If he would have stopped whining about how hard it was he would have figured it out in like a second. I'm glad they dropped the whole him being a CSI thing, because he shows zero deductive reasoning this season.

so, does the citizens of Central City not know there was goriillas attacking their city?

Where were the cops, army, national guard etc? Also couldn't Cisco just open a portal to anywhere but here and Barry just fast kick him into it? End of story?

The writing is getting lazy

Where were the cops, army, national guard etc? Also couldn't Cisco just open a portal to anywhere but here and Barry just fast kick him into it? End of story?

The writing is getting lazy

They just watched Detective west almost shoot himself under the influence of Grodd, they noped the fuck out of there.

TVexperto

That was super annoying when he was trying to crack the code on last night's episode. If he would have stopped whining about how hard it was he would have figured it out in like a second. I'm glad they dropped the whole him being a CSI thing, because he shows zero deductive reasoning this season.

I completly forgot that he was like sherlock in the first season

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Flashpoint muted Barry's intelligence and abilities as a CSI.

Think about it: before Flashpoint, Barry was the only person in that office. After Flashpoint, they needed Julian.

Ithil

Given they seemed to deliberately cast someone who looks like a female version of Cisco I assumed from the start she was supposed to be the alternate Earth version of him, but no one in the show seems to have asked this obvious question.

Also it's very strange to have someone from another Earth say "Earth-2" which is only Earth-2 from Earth-1's perspective.

ZeroX03

Banned
Given they seemed to deliberately cast someone who looks like a female version of Cisco I assumed from the start she was supposed to be the alternate Earth version of him, but no one in the show seems to have asked this obvious question.

Also it's very strange to have someone from another Earth say "Earth-2" which is only Earth-2 from Earth-1's perspective.

Sort of, Earth-1 is actually established as the center point of the universe. It's not just a title, the Arrowverse is the center of all things (sorry Supergirl). Earth-2 is probably the closest Earth from there so it's more than just Earth-1's perspective.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I do wonder how the show will come up with challenges for Team Flash now that they have 3 speedsters.

Like all sidekicks not named Diggle ... they get a season and a half tops and then they're either dead, Legends, or retired.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself put on a show that makes you an idiot and drains your powers.

or you do enough flips and the Flipforce will protect you....
T80RSws.gif

some of the time.

carlsojo

I hope Reverse Flash gets to do the intro for Legion of Tomorrow sometime just so he can say "My name is Eobard Thawne, and I am the ACTUAL fastest man alive."

jwk94

I also thought that was pretty damn obvious and kinda creepy.

so how much does a CSI is getting paid in real life? Still baffled by how huge their loft is, and all that furniture...

be honest barry, where did you stole that money?

Also these "speedster" are as slow as fuck to always getting punched (by a slow gorilla too) even though they're running!

You're forgetting that Barry and Iris are millenials who lived at home for god knows how long during their budding careers. They're probably burning through their savings. Next season will be about how Barry can't afford to eat after Iris' death and a newer, faster speedster shows up.

Speaking of speedsters, who was the blue speedster Female Cisco was talking to?

Ithil

Sort of, Earth-1 is actually established as the center point of the universe. It's not just a title, the Arrowverse is the center of all things (sorry Supergirl). Earth-2 is probably the closest Earth from there so it's more than just Earth-1's perspective.

Did they ever establish this on the show? Because I only recall Barry and co just naming it Earth-2 for convenience in relation to their own Earth (and found it odd that Harry never commented on this, that their Earth-1 is his Earth-2).

ZeroX03

Banned
Like all sidekicks not named Diggle ... they get a season and a half tops and then they're either dead, Legends, or retired.

The best part about Diggle is that when Oliver isn't around or it's a crossover he suddenly gets promoted to full hero status. Him and Sara repping non powered humans.

I hope Reverse Flash gets to do the intro for Legion of Tomorrow sometime just so he can say "My name is Eobard Thawne, and I am the ACTUAL fastest man alive."

It's got to be coming. Why else give Darhk an intro first?

Nobody should be using Flash to throw shade at Arrow right now.

so how much does a CSI is getting paid in real life? Still baffled by how huge their loft is, and all that furniture...

be honest barry, where did you stole that money?

Barry owns STAR Labs. He's a millionaire. He doesn't need a job at all.

ZeroX03

Banned
Speaking of speedsters, who was the blue speedster Female Cisco was talking to?

The red one you mean? The Accelerated Man.

Did they ever establish this on the show? Because I only recall Barry and co just naming it Earth-2 for convenience in relation to their own Earth (and found it odd that Harry never commented on this, that their Earth-1 is his Earth-2).

Yes. That was part of Zoom's multiverse destroying plan. Earth-1 really is the center of the multiverse.

Yeah. In the season 2 finale. Zoom was going to collapse the multiverse so that there was only one Earth left, which he would then conquer. It was only possible from Earth 1, since it's the center of the multiverse.

In 2011, the average salary was about $55,000 for state and local CSI, $95,000 for Federal.

https://www.newenglandcollegeonline...gator-career-outlook-and-salary/#.WLdRYm8rJD8

So yeah, he's not paying for that from his day job. Probably embezzling from what ever is left of STAR Labs resources.

Imagine all the money they save from not needing a car. Then again, is Barry supplementing his food intake with those Cisco bars?

Barry was left everything STAR Labs related wasn't he?

Top Bottom